Could GSP beat Lawler and Hendo?

Henderson's TDD is garbage (always has been) and he's past his prime at 40. Lawler is almost a journeyman in 2011.

He probably beats them both.

hmb - GSP WOULD NOT HAVE WEATHERED THE INITIAL STORM THAT JAKE DID.

JUST SAYIN...

Very true. Forgot about that.

ttt

Logic says he beats Lawler, and probably does 9/10.  All robbie has to do is land ONE, and GSP is done.  The ? is, could Lawler land it?

Haywood Jablowme -  Logic says he beats Hendo, and probably does 9/10.  All Dan has to do is land ONE, and GSP is done.  The ? is, could Hendo land it?

GSP smashes Lawler, Lawler has a better chance against Jacare.

And Dan Henderson? LOL he loses badly also. Not only would he get taken down at will, GSP would kill him standing with his new Freddie Roach boxing abilities. The fight would be Hendo stalking GSP looking for the overhand KOs (Yeah that was so effective for Koscheck LOL), GSP would keep him at a distance with jabs and combos, throw in a couple takedowns here and there. And after round 3, Henderson would just try to survive til the decision.

The only reason Dan is susceptible to takedowns is that he is one of the very few "wrestlers" who has a very solid striking game nad he chooses to stand and throw bombs for the KO. This in turn opens him up for takedowns. However, he knows when he does get taken down he usually has no problems getting back to his feet because of his wrestling skills.

He knew Jake Shields was zero threat standing, had zero desire to stand, and would be going for takedowns all night long -- and Dan still got taken down repeatedly, and could not get back up.

GSP WOULD NOT HAVE WEATHERED THE INITIAL STORM THAT JAKE DID.

Why would he need to? He's 10x faster than Jake and 100x better standing. He wouldn't blunder into a big punch.

Monsters Ball - Hendo would beat GSP.

this

teamquestfan - It's laughable how many people think Dan Henderson has "no takedown defense" or no "MMA wrestling". The guy has wrestled virtually his entire life at a level that probably less than 5% of WRESTLERS EVER acheive. He has won at Div. 1 collegiate level,the international level, and represented his country in the Olympics. To suddenly think that he can't wrestle is foolish.

The only reason Dan is susceptible to takedowns is that he is one of the very few "wrestlers" who has a very solid striking game nad he chooses to stand and throw bombs for the KO. This in turn opens him up for takedowns. However, he knows when he does get taken down he usually has no problems getting back to his feet because of his wrestling skills.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And on top of that, once Sendo touched gsp with his right hand the fight would be over

I am a fan of Dan, Jake and GSP but do people really think Dan was all there that night against Jake (no dis to Jake)?

Yes, he's getting old but giving up the tds and position that easy? Something wasnt right and I like Jake. GSP would have dominated that Dan even more imo.

Lol...Hendo is past his prime and GSP would beat him...

Hendo would beat Shields in a re-match in my opinion. Or maybe that's because Hendo is one of my fav fighters Phone Post

Herbish1 - Both are fights I would like to see, but GSP is going to have the size disadvantage

I think GSP beats Lawler if he gets it to the ground, but GSP has been able to takedown anyone he wants. And if it gets to the ground a sub is almost inevitable.

I can't recall a time I've seen GSP on his back and I think that's what Hendo would have to do, much like he did to Anderson Silva in the first round.

you dont recall matt hughes pulling that slick switch armbar from side control?

GSP would totally outclass both of these guys. Hendo beat Bisping and a washed up Silva and all of a sudden he's the best MMA wrestler in town. He's a tough guy for sure, but he has a right hand and that's about it these days. Puncher's chance. GSP made Alves look terrible and Alves would fucking kill those guys in a standup battle.

yes

I keep saying this but here it goes again... You can not use the Shields/Hendo fight to gauge either guy because Hendo was severely injured for that. He was having trouble doing anything on the ground at all. In a rematch he would kill Jake as he nearly did anyhow. Hendo is not the type to make excuses but his back and neck were fucked. That said, GSP will maul Shields. Phone Post

I agree with Chuckles. I have no clue what happened between round 1 and 2. But it went from Hendo almost koing Shields twice in the first to being useless in the rest of the fight. Something happened to him.

Could GSP beat a prime Dan Henderson? No, he's too small.

Could he beat today's, 40 year old Dan Henderson? Yes, and pretty easily. Don't folks realize why so few athletes are still playing in major league sports at age 40?

BrockCrushesFedor - 
Monsters Ball - Hendo would beat GSP.

this

mofugra - I agree with Chuckles. I have no clue what happened between round 1 and 2. But it went from Hendo almost koing Shields twice in the first to being useless in the rest of the fight. Something happened to him.

wasnt everyone saying Hendo's back was all fucked up for that fight, sure looked it