Couture Responds to Seagal NHB Challenge

Harmon Whistler - What did he mean when he said, "It could happen organically"? I've never heard that expression before.

It means next time they meet, one of them may say WTF is up?

Then it it may happen

If they meet in a crowded place, it's all Sensei. What's Couture going to do, shoot a double leg when they're face to face? Sensei by flawless victory, much like his student, Disciple Machida, before him.

Segal is a better actor. Phone Post

I'm sorry but wasn't it PROVEN that both Silva and Machida used techniques that Steven Segal showed them, or at least helped them hone? Its documented on video. I saw a wonderful post by a UGer that shows the before and after.
-Segal showing them a technique in training
-Machida/Silva using that EXACT technique in their subsequent victorious bouts. I sure wish I could find it.

In a street fight, Randy picks Seagull up and slams him on concrete and fight's over.

Even amateur HW fighters could tool Seagull

Lazer MMA - 
Harmon Whistler - What did he mean when he said, "It could happen organically"? I've never heard that expression before.

It means next time they meet, one of them may say WTF is up?

Then it it may happen

This

I think this is great.  Seagal's mouth just wrote a heck of a check.

Randy should post a challenge on his website, offering Seagal the fight in a specific closed gym in the few days before the next UFC in Vegas.  Follow up on the website post with tweets and the like to spread the word.  Call Helwani with it too.  Etc. 

It can officially be called a "sparring session."  Randy's challenge should state there will be cameras on-site, but only to interview both Couture and Seagal before and after.  The actual sparring session will be just the two of them behind closed doors with no recording equipment running.  There will, however, be no confidentiality agreement as to the conduct or outcome or the fight.

And Randy should of course make sure to rough Seagal up terribly, so the winner is clear after-the-fact.

It'd then be up to Seagal to reject the challenge.  I expect he'd duck it for awhile, but Helwani, Glazer, and the rest of the MMA media would ask him about it constantly.  The pressure and embarrasment may actually cause him to retreat from the MMA media, which would be a glorious blessing. 

I love how guys who do TMA's think that guys who do MMA won't go NHB when neccessary.

ABE FROMAN - 

I love how guys who do TMA's think that guys who do MMA won't go NHB when neccessary.

Right?  As if TMA teaches some SPECIAL method of nut-kicking that MMAers just can't handle.  Not much training involved in an eye-poke either . . . I'd wager Randy is every bit as good as Seagal in kicking folks in the nuts, poking eyes, ripping off ears, etc. 

I would have to lay down and die after Randy smashed Seagull. My life would be complete.

Brigham - 

Randy is such a bad mother fucker. Segal would be killed Phone Post

Nobody wants to fight Randy Couture.. nobody.

If Couture actually agreed, Seagal would've stalled and eventually pulled out. He knows all Randy would have to do is slam him down to throw his back out. Fight over. Phone Post

Fenixstriker - 
ABE FROMAN - 

A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

LOL, you 'play' SIMULATIONS, nobody is really ripping anybody's eyes out, and Seagal hasn't either.

Fenixstriker - A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

HAHAHAAHHAHAAA.

Spoken like someone who's never actually been clinched by a legitimate wrestler.  And--I'd wager--someone who has also no doubt never actually gouged out anyone's eye or grabbed anyone's groin.

And I'd expect Seagal hasn't ripped out many eyes or crushed many testicles either. 

In a battle of clinching equals, being able to attempt to dig at an opponent's eyes or groin may have an effect.  Stop the takedown, then work those areas as yet another route of escape.  But if you're not up to par to actually defend the clinch in the first place, you're going down much too fast to be effective.

Bucephalus - NO WITNESSES

In case he poops himself again.

pennviachoke - Would.be.epic. Randy via whatever he feels like, he may take damage but he mauls the Seagull. Phone Post

Randy didn't take damage against Janes Toney, no way does Segal do anything. Phone Post

That's fine, let the fight happen in closed doors with no witnesses. We'll hang out outside and when the door opens we will know who won based off whether or not Seagal needs to change his underwear.

Fenixstriker - 
The point isnt about the real world application ( of which I have much experience having bounced for 12 years), its about the methods both men have trained.

If I train in a particular fashion for most of my career, when I am thrust into unfamiliarity I will likely flounder.

Look at many of the most dominant champions of Pride. They struggled to adapt to the Octagon, based on some variations in the rules between organizations.

You think that the same challenges wont be faced when someone who has never had an opponent strike for his eyes or groin, or fish hook them will react the same when they've traine otherwise for thousands of hours?

Weird comparison. You're comparing adapating to rulesets in 2 different organizations versus trained fighters getting into a fight and doing what comes natural. When Tyson got frustrated he bit Holyfield's ear off. a couple of week ago we watched a fighter on TUF bite another person.

Maybe it wouldn't be first instinct to go for somebody's eyes, but when someone is trying to do something to you better believe survival will kick in. That's why Frank Mir breaks arms every time he touches them.

Seagal stands no chance against Randy.

Fenixstriker - The point isnt about the real world application ( of which I have much experience having bounced for 12 years), its about the methods both men have trained.

If I train in a particular fashion for most of my career, when I am thrust into unfamiliarity I will likely flounder.

Look at many of the most dominant champions of Pride. They struggled to adapt to the Octagon, based on some variations in the rules between organizations.

You think that the same challenges wont be faced when someone who has never had an opponent strike for his eyes or groin, or fish hook them will react the same when they've traine otherwise for thousands of hours?

Again, it a battle among rough equals, those kinds of considerations could matter.  The Pride fighters, for example.

But how many of Seagal's "opponents" have attacked his eyes and groin?  How many eyes has he "ripped out" and testicles has he crushed?  How many "fish hooks" has Seagal actually done?  Now . . . how many times has Couture actually slammed somebody?  Exactly. 

The methods of training for Couture involve thousands fo hours of really moving people who are really good and who really don't want to be moved.  Seagal has none of that background.  His eye poke/groin smash/fish hook training is all conducted on willing opponents while he "simulated" those "vicious" attacks. 

You're really suggesting that the most likely outcome when Seagal is clinched by Olympic level wrestler Couture, would be that Seagal would fall back on his years of PRETENDING to attack eye balls or groins and execute such a move for real?  While having his torso flattened against Couture and his base ripped out from under him?  That's ridiculous.

Couture's training is much, much closer to reality than Seagal's.  Randy would win however he liked, but the expected method would be he'd box his way in, clinch, slam, and submit or beat viciously.  That'd happen 10 out of 10 times.  And there'd be absolutely nothing Seagal would be able to do about it.

FatBuddha -
Warriormmd - 

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

actually, as someone who just scored in the 97th percentile of the GRE verbal section, I have no idea what the hell that means so I wouldn't call that a "nice choice of words". Just in case I was missing something I looked up organically on dictionary.com. The closest conceivable defintion that could make Randy's statement make any kind of sense is "organically"'s 7th most common meaning, "naturally", i.e. "it could happen naturally I suppose." This still doesn't make much sense, since Randy would have to take volitional action to actually arrange where to show up (and to show up) somewhere where there are no witnesses. Is Randy "dick-tucking" to Sensei Seagal's response to his challenge? If I'm missing something, someone please let me know.

"organically" - defintions below:

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

of, relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living plants and animals

of or relating to animal or plant constituents or products having a carbon basis

of or relating to one or more organs of an animal or plant

Compare inorganic of, relating to, or belonging to the class of chemical compounds that are formed from carbon: an organic compound

constitutional in the structure of something; fundamental; integral

of or characterized by the coordination of integral parts; organized

developing naturally: organic change through positive education

of or relating to the essential constitutional laws regulating the government of a state: organic law

of, relating to, or grown with the use of fertilizers or pesticides deriving from animal or vegetable matter, rather than from chemicals

-- n

any substance, such as a fertilizer or pesticide, that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

organic food collectively

You've gone full retard bro and if you don't understand the statement then whatever test you scored so well on is good for shit. Get out your books and go live life son. Phone Post