Couture Responds to Seagal NHB Challenge

lol - to all the word experts above - like I said in my post, "naturally" is the most likely candidate for what Randy meant. However, there is no need for him to be all coy about his meaning. The truth was, his backhand comment against Sensei was disrespectful and what started it all. To say, oh I was just joking, is the least manly of excuses, and a common dicktuck move on the internet, UG, facebook, etc. Insult then deny. What was the implication behind Randy's comment? That Seagal is a fake, a fraud, a phony, and that Randy is done for life with fighting anyone, unless it means coming out of retirement to put a fraud in his place.

Let's be clear on the meaning of what Randy said. It was undoubtedly a challenge and an insult to Sensei Seagal.

Sensei was right to defend himself verbally and gave the means for Randy to dicktuck on his threat. He did indeed dicktuck. Deal with it.

krash24 - 
40oztofreedom - 

If Couture actually agreed, Seagal would've stalled and eventually pulled out. He knows all Randy would have to do is slam him down to throw his back out. Fight over. Phone Post

Not sure Couture could even lift Seagull's fat ass.....

Picked up Tony Halme and Steven Graham no problem.

Took down most of the rest of the big guys too.

It's so weird that I want to watch an overweight, over the hill troll fight so badly.

Wtf is wrong with me!!! Phone Post

Randy could beat the snot out of both that fat fuck and Toney in a rematch at the same time.

You do not fuck with a 7th dan black belt in Aikido. Randy is lucky he has 20 years on Seagal, because he is gonna need it.

Randy, please run in, try to shoot, or grapple.

You would get wrecked.

I can't tell what is more pathetic.

Seagal reacting to Couture.. or MMA fans reacting to Seagal.

And to those saying "Aikido is worthless in MMA", you're right.

It is illegal.

Ever heard of small joint manipulation?

Ever heard of broken bones caused by energy you provided, and ended up suffering for it?

Randy is WAY out of his league.

if courure showed up clean, his UG nickname "handy", would cease to apply.

KZTT_W85 - 

It's so weird that I want to watch an overweight, over the hill troll fight so badly.

Wtf is wrong with me!!! Phone Post

Me too, brother. But if we're wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Let's do this fight like the Kimbo vs. Gannon underground style!!

FatBuddha -
Warriormmd - 

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

actually, as someone who just scored in the 97th percentile of the GRE verbal section, I have no idea what the hell that means so I wouldn't call that a "nice choice of words". Just in case I was missing something I looked up organically on dictionary.com. The closest conceivable defintion that could make Randy's statement make any kind of sense is "organically"'s 7th most common meaning, "naturally", i.e. "it could happen naturally I suppose." This still doesn't make much sense, since Randy would have to take volitional action to actually arrange where to show up (and to show up) somewhere where there are no witnesses. Is Randy "dick-tucking" to Sensei Seagal's response to his challenge? If I'm missing something, someone please let me know.

"organically" - defintions below:

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

of, relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living plants and animals

of or relating to animal or plant constituents or products having a carbon basis

of or relating to one or more organs of an animal or plant

Compare inorganic of, relating to, or belonging to the class of chemical compounds that are formed from carbon: an organic compound

constitutional in the structure of something; fundamental; integral

of or characterized by the coordination of integral parts; organized

developing naturally: organic change through positive education

of or relating to the essential constitutional laws regulating the government of a state: organic law

of, relating to, or grown with the use of fertilizers or pesticides deriving from animal or vegetable matter, rather than from chemicals

-- n

any substance, such as a fertilizer or pesticide, that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

organic food collectively

Beep Phone Post

FatBuddha - 
Warriormmd - 

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

actually, as someone who just scored in the 97th percentile of the GRE verbal section, I have no idea what the hell that means so I wouldn't call that a "nice choice of words". Just in case I was missing something I looked up organically on dictionary.com. The closest conceivable defintion that could make Randy's statement make any kind of sense is "organically"'s 7th most common meaning, "naturally", i.e. "it could happen naturally I suppose." This still doesn't make much sense, since Randy would have to take volitional action to actually arrange where to show up (and to show up) somewhere where there are no witnesses. Is Randy "dick-tucking" to Sensei Seagal's response to his challenge? If I'm missing something, someone please let me know.

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

of or relating to animal or plant constituents or products having a carbon basis

Compare inorganic of, relating to, or belonging to the class of chemical compounds that are formed from carbon: an organic compound

of or relating to the essential constitutional laws regulating the government of a state: organic law

of, relating to, or grown with the use of fertilizers or pesticides deriving from animal or vegetable matter, rather than from chemicals

-- n

any substance, such as a fertilizer or pesticide, that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

you on the spectrum bro?

FatBuddha - 
Warriormmd - 

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

-- n

It means they could bump into each other in public and a fight could spontaneously take place.

I doubt I've ever met a 10 year old who'd have problem understanding that statement.

FatBuddha - 
Warriormmd - 

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

-- n

and yet most people get what he said......

Would not count Couture out even tho sensei is by far the better martial artist, let's not forget that Couture is bionically engineered at this point, he's a living experiment as to how much HGH and TRT the human body can absorb. The other point that makes me doubt the sensei is that he's too gentle and could spare Randy who could proceed to stab him in the back like he did with Tim Sylvia. Randy is a known friend betrayer, played Tim for a fool pretending to be his friend and training with him while he had the agenda of spying on him and stealing his title.

Toby Lerone - 
FatBuddha - lol - to all the word experts above - like I said in my post, "naturally" is the most likely candidate for what Randy meant. However, there is no need for him to be all coy about his meaning. The truth was, his backhand comment against Sensei was disrespectful and what started it all. To say, oh I was just joking, is the least manly of excuses, and a common dicktuck move on the internet, UG, facebook, etc. Insult then deny. What was the implication behind Randy's comment? That Seagal is a fake, a fraud, a phony, and that Randy is done for life with fighting anyone, unless it means coming out of retirement to put a fraud in his place.

Let's be clear on the meaning of what Randy said. It was undoubtedly a challenge and an insult to Sensei Seagal.

Sensei was right to defend himself verbally and gave the means for Randy to dicktuck on his threat. He did indeed dicktuck. Deal with it.

Is this Helwani's troll account?

for those above that apparently didn't carefully read my first post and missed my 2nd.

- Ariel

I would really like to do a private lesson with Sensei Seagal one day btw

Fenixstriker - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I love how guys who do TMA's think that guys who do MMA won't go NHB when neccessary.

A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

Riiiiight.

The refuge of any fake martial artist: I play dirty, I pinch balls, gouge eyes and fish-hook. I punch throats and elbow spines.

EXCEPT

Every single one of these idiots, Seagal included, are as well versed in applying these tactics as Couture himself, perhaps even less so. Why? Because very few of them have ever gouged an eyeball, squeezed a testicle, or punched a person in the throat. And if they have, they have not done so with any appreciable frequency BECAUSE NO ONE WILL SPAR/DRILL WITH YOU.

All that said, Randy is more than capable of beating the shit out of Steve with just his kickboxing, and I mean that. Perhaps he'll even throw in a nut shot to the fat man's groin.

Fenixstriker - 
MTH - 
Fenixstriker - A simple matter of training, even "mma" guys can agree that you play like you practice.

Someone like Stephan Seagal whose trainings consist of thousands of hours of attacking small joints, groin, eyes and throats will perform on rote muscle memory in that fashion.

No need to fight for underhooks against mr Couture when he does what he is trained to do and clinches, simply gouge out his eye and grab him where his cup usually is. His strong base wont be there when he is singing falsetto.

And dont expect him to defend that area well either, too many hundreds of opponents have avoided it, and taught him that he can ignore covering his eyes and crotch, and hands for that matter.

HAHAHAAHHAHAAA.

Spoken like someone who's never actually been clinched by a legitimate wrestler.  And--I'd wager--someone who has also no doubt never actually gouged out anyone's eye or grabbed anyone's groin.

And I'd expect Seagal hasn't ripped out many eyes or crushed many testicles either. 

In a battle of clinching equals, being able to attempt to dig at an opponent's eyes or groin may have an effect.  Stop the takedown, then work those areas as yet another route of escape.  But if you're not up to par to actually defend the clinch in the first place, you're going down much too fast to be effective.

The point isnt about the real world application ( of which I have much experience having bounced for 12 years), its about the methods both men have trained.

If I train in a particular fashion for most of my career, when I am thrust into unfamiliarity I will likely flounder.

Look at many of the most dominant champions of Pride. They struggled to adapt to the Octagon, based on some variations in the rules between organizations.

You think that the same challenges wont be faced when someone who has never had an opponent strike for his eyes or groin, or fish hook them will react the same when they've traine otherwise for thousands of hours?

If Steve was an accomplished "true" NHB fighter, and there was some sort of "true" NHB scene, then yes.

This is not the case.

Steve is a fat martial arts practitioner who has spent many of his prime years making movies.

He can talk about his street fights all he wants, but let's be real. Couture is a former champion who has swam with sharks and ate a good number in his time.

Couture by soccer kick to the head.

Seagal via Dim Mak