Covington open to a fight with 'joke' and 'handout generation' fighter Khamzat Chimaev

Is Covington vs Chimaev the fight to make early in 2022?

2 Likes

Love Colby for this. Smart smart move to get straight back in contention. This is a genuine gangster move, the predator just became the prey

8 Likes

I’m interested. I love the matchup.

4 Likes

Good for Colby for wanting the challenge. Definitely will watch that.

5 Likes

Yes please, but
Dana will say no one is interested in that match up

9 Likes

A loss could REALLY set Colby back…

3 Likes

Make it 5 round

2 Likes

… it could also eliminate a hyped competitor

4 Likes

Would it? He already lost twice to the champion so another title shot is not in the near future. Picking off a up and comer early and having that in the back pocket could be useful down the line. Also Chimaev is a big name right now.

His only other big name, high interest fight is the Masvidal grudge match.

5 Likes

Eliminate?

It would be the difference of Khazmat beating Colby and making a statement for an immediate title shot.

Or Colby beating Khazmat and Chimaev staying in the top 5, since Colby was #1

If he loses to Chimaev he is fighting his next fight to stay in the top 10. Little upside for Colby. Huge upside for Khazmat.

5 Likes

Ranking dont mean as much if you are out of contention for title fights. At that point it is about growing your name and interest to be involved in high profile fights.

Chimaev brings more to the cage than whatever his ranking is. A win of Chimaev will bring way more fame and interest than a win over Gilbert Burns no matter what the rankings say.

4 Likes

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Can you imagine Colby’s act to lead up to this fight?

MAGA vs … terrorist? I wouldn’t even be surprised.

The problem is Khazmat is going to bring the fight to him from the first second. Colby does not like being the nail, his second fight with Usman he was clearly still scared form the first fight. We’ve never seen Chimaev pushed, I would love to see Covington create problems and create adversity.

My money is on Chimaev when this happens. Colby lost his aura and he’s faced many losses in and out of the cage recently, he’s not the same guy.

5 Likes

Great fight to see where khamzat is at, if he easily beats Colby then he can fight for the vacant UFC strap because for sure Usman vacates and goes to 185 which would be great if Borgz follows him

2 Likes

Really good fight. Would tell us how good khamzat really is

1 Like

Dana is going to tuck. From a business perspective it’s too risky and the America VS terrorist angle could get hilariously out of hand

8 Likes

Not a huge fan of Colby, but respect the call out here

3 Likes

Oh yes, colby doesnt care what he says, it would be shocking and hilarious

Chuckle Laughing GIF

1 Like

There is only one fighter that is competitive at ww for Colby.

1 Like

It’s smart. Khamzat has all the hype. Beating him would probably be the only way Colby would ever get another crack at Usman.