Cowboy Cerrone’s legacy

One of the most fun to watch when he got his ass kicked.

1 Like

To me I always remember the Pettis fight. He got got with a kick to the body. I got into a fight, chucked out my hotel, called a copper a cunt, and had to go to court and pay a fine.

Good times

1 Like

Colby has a belt

3 Likes

It was just a matter of who got to fight Tyron first, and Usman lucked out

A guy who was willing to take fights and did reasonably well at a time when the sport lacked real talent.

1 Like

The champion was Tyron when Colby earned the interim belt

1 Like

He’s probably got a stronger mind than to dive in a fucking cave in the first place

1 Like

True, I understand adventure and wanting to conquer nature but I would gain absolutely nothing from deep sea cave diving

A guy that truly loves fighting. Fight whoever, whenever. Lives the good life doing all kinds of “extreme” sports and activities. Certainly doesn’t give 2 fucks about what we think of him or his legacy.

One of the best to watch when he was in the zone. Never fought a bum.

1 Like

I think that’s kind of a cop out, because I definitely would if I was a high level pro. All the greats curated their legacy

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, let’s take the “Interm belts don’t mean shit” to the next level. You can’t be the true champ unless you beat the champ, so technically the UFC doesn’t have a 125lb, 135lb, 155lb, 170lb, 185lb, or 205lb Champ because all those guys went home with their belts and everyone else is just fighting for fake belts too, like the one hanging above your mantle.

(For the record do you have the new belt or old belt?). And do they sell jewel kits for the new belt to add the win tracker jewels or does it come fully filled out?

Why not include FW? Conor is the lineal featherweight champion, from the WEC/UFC lineage

You are right!

So the list grows! 125, 135, 145, 155, 170, 185, 205 and if Francis leaves he will take the heavyweight title too. There would be no division with a pure lineal champ.

1 Like

Irresponsible? I don’t know if that hits it for me, but somewhere in there unfortunately…

jake gyllenhaal reflection GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Down the rabbit hole we go. Not a champ until you defend your title. So GSP was never the 185lb champ for example and I guess Jiri, Bisbing, Rockhold, Sara were never champs and Leon can’t call himself the champ until he defends. Got it!

Quick question if you win the title and then defend it successfully 3 times are you a 4X champ or 3X champ?

And I REALLY do want to know about your belt

Unpopular opinion, but IMO he was, in pro wrestling terms, a “jobber to the stars”.

I called him a “Fight Night Guy”, because that was his ceiling. When he was hand selected to grease the title fight wheels for McGregor’s laughable return, one of my friends tried to play me by saying “how can you call him a jobber when he’s the most winningest fighter in UFC history?”, and my response was, name me three people Cerrone has beaten in his career. Silence ensued.

He was a guy who was game to fight, liked the paydays, was a company guy, and was the perfect person to call up when they wanted to elevate someone who they thought might have star potential. Nothing really more than that.

I’m usually not into “fighter bashing” (even though I don’t think this is), but since the guy is a self-admitted asshole outside of the cage, I don’t really mind saying so.

4 Likes

Name 3 guys he beat? You gotta be fuckin kidding me

Recency bias here is unreal. Cowboy was awesome. Go watch him beat the fuck out of iaquinta, hernandez, story, matt brown, etc then say he was a bum. Ridiculous.

Not quite.

Cindy Dandois GIF - Cindy Dandois Striking - Discover & Share GIFs
But yeah, his performance was shit too.

1 Like