create a 75 minute routine for me

*Only 75 minutes per week to strength train.
*Break up those 75 minutes however you see fit.
*Access to nearly any equipment.*Access to training for skill lifts (if necessary).
*Need strength training as a suppliment to MMA training.
*I am 6' at 170, lanky, a bit soft around the middle, powerful hammies and glutes, weak upper body and thin shoulders (so I'd say I need muscle gain along with strength gain).

So... what is most efficient? What should I do?

Go to www.mikemahler.com and look up his barbell (not kettlebell) versions of EDT.

Or look up Bryce Lane's versions of EDT.

Or look up the principals of EDT and design your own workout.

Whenever you're short on time, go with EDT.

Muscular Logic, the book by Charles Staley, outlines EDT routins that are only 20 minutes per day, three days a week. I mention this because every EDT I've seen on the internet (except for Bryce Lane's awesome version) has been 35 minutes per day, three days a week. It works just fine with 20 minutes.

Muscular Logic, the book by Charles Staley, outlines EDT routins that are only 20 minutes per day, three days a week. I mention this because every EDT I've seen on the internet (except for Bryce Lane's awesome version) has been 35 minutes per day, three days a week. It works just fine with 20 minutes.

Do thrusters for as long as you can during that time until you can do 95 lbs thrusters for 75 minutes straight. It's not only the most functional movement you can do, but you will be spitting in the face of Nazi Germany too. Be a patriot.

Researched EDT and found several very different approaches, even by the same Staley guy. Which one would you recommend in particular?

Also, are thrusters really that bad? Since I need upper body work so badly, I considered doing only the top of olympic lifts (the "jerk" I believe), but I guess I would basically be doing the top of a thruster too, right? Is there a good upper body workout that is dynamic?

jw234 - Researched EDT and found several very different approaches, even by the same Staley guy. Which one would you recommend in particular?

Are are two solid routines:

Workout Option #1

Day 1 - 15 minutes

Deadlift + Bench Press

Day 2 - 15 minutes

Push Press + Pull-Up / Row

Workout Option #2

Day 1 - 15 minutes

Squat + Military Press

Day 2 - 15 minutes

Chin-ups + Dips

I know its tough but if you dont have time to properly train,than change your lifestyle or dont train.

Seriously?75 min a week?

If that was all I could do I wouldnt bother or something else would have to give in my life.

Lord Kancho, thanks! I will try that.

Voorhees, I spend almost all my training time with what I consider to be my real training: Thai boxing, BJJ, Sambo, etc. I would honestly rather spend even those 75 minutes working on, say, my clinch knees, but I've got to give something to strength training, so I arbitrarily decided to sacrifice 75 minutes.

I see what you are saying its just that I think no real benefit can come from such a truncated routine.

if you have 75 minutes and you want to work on cardio and stamina...

if you DON'T have any guidance and doing it all on your own but want a psuedo trainer you should seriously consider

1) P90X

and/or

2)Bas Rutten's MMA Workout CDs/DVD

I realize these might not be the popular ways to go on this forum but if you need some guidance, these two things really work and are fun

voorhees - I know its tough but if you dont have time to properly train,than change your lifestyle or dont train.

Seriously?75 min a week?

If that was all I could do I wouldnt bother or something else would have to give in my life.

Bullshit. You can make serious strength gains in 75 minutes a week. EDT, John Christy, Pavel's Power to the People... all excellent programs for strength and even mass (maybe not PTP for mass).

oops...

I read "75 min workout" - 75 min per workout

P90X would not work for you.

Bas's workout would work a couple days a week though - super cool and f'ing hard.

If you want something even more straight forward check out these two:

1.__

2. _
_

Instead of three sets of strength movements do one each. That workout will only take about 15-20 minutes, twice a week. That leaves 30 minutes for Intervals. Do two sessions that last about 10-15 minutes.

BLAMMO!!! you are done.

TAKU T.N.T.