Cung Le headed to the UFC???

Quote from his Facebook status: "You'll be seeing me soon and who knows maybe UFC with Dana White."

Is Cung a free agent? I thought he was still under Strikeforce contract.

cung le uses facebook?

oh shit

Cant wait for the Cung Le hype to die once he faces someone good

I remember 4 or 5 months ago Dana said he was trying to sign Cung to fight Anderson, but nothing ever came of that.

Wouldn't want to see Cung get thrown into a fight with Anderson right now, but I'd love to see him in the UFC. Even if he's not the best fighter in the world, he's still one of the most entertaining.

We've seen him at the UFC before, he had front row seats.

robopimp - Wouldn't want to see Cung get thrown into a fight with Anderson right now, but I'd love to see him in the UFC. Even if he's not the best fighter in the world, he's still one of the most entertaining.

Yeah Dana said that before Hendo and Marquardt emerged as contenders so I doubt Cung would get an immediate title shot now, but either way I wouldn't mind seeing Cung vs. the winner of Belfort/Franklin.

He'd be a great addition.  His style is unique enough where it would bring a little excitement to the table.

I thought Cung Le was an actor no?

i thought he only did twitter... wow.... maybe he is pretty good.

the problem with this is that guys in the ufc will go to the ground.

AmericanPsychoMMA -  I thought Cung Le was an actor no?

Yeah he hasn't fought in... quite a while.  Is even in this Tekken thing Huerta is in haha.  I don't know how I feel about him being in the UFC.  I like to bash Strikeforce lately but it is the perfect place for him.  I still love watching him fight, just don't know that I'd want to see him at the end of his career competing with the young bucks.

Would be a huge slap in the face to Strikeforce, he's a huge draw for them

ttt

I just want to see him fight a top guy so I can figure out how good he is. I don't care if it's UFC or Strikeforce...

ShanTheMan - Cant wait for the Cung Le hype to die once he faces someone good

Dana and he seem to have been courting each other for a while, I think he even got an interview promoting that "Fighting" movie on a PPV

I've been assuming he'd end up in the UFC eventually

Let's see him vs Sakara or McFedries or someone like that as a warm up, then throw him in the mix if he does well

ChokeEmOut - 
ShanTheMan - Cant wait for the Cung Le hype to die once he faces someone good

I agree with this Shan guy

i like cung but hed get decimated in the UFC. Shields and Diaz can beat him easy, so him going to the UFC isnt a good idea

joemama - i like cung but hed get decimated in the UFC. Shields and Diaz can beat him easy, so him going to the UFC isnt a good idea

I think Shields takes him, but he'd murder Diaz IMO

it's funny hearing people talk about Cung "murdering" anybody when Tony Fryklund was instructed and paid by Elite to stand and wang with him and Frank Shamrock did the same on his own accord, and he hasn't fought in 18 months.

I guess between the movies and trying to find guys who will agree to basically stand there and be target practice, it's taking a while to line up another opponent.

cung le belongs in the ufc about as much as kit cope.

lol