Cung Lee

Hi.

My name is Matt Hester.

I am 5'7" & 160lbs of badmotherfkr.

You can try to slap me if you want.

LOL @ funkywb. Talkin tough & actin like you'd step on a san shou lei tai (ring) with the only guy on this forum who's fought Cung (at least twice) and is the head coach one of the Big 7 san shou gyms in the US (read: "one of the most knowledgeable & capable sanshou people in the US"). You'd be so dead. LOL

Pork Chop, what is very evident here is that people believe what they WANT to believe and are capable of carefully contructed delussions even when confronted with facts to the contrary. "funky" may be one of those who thinks that San Shou is just that "point fighting nonsense" ....

Just like the clowns who have convinced themselves that I am not really a fight trainer, some on here know the real deal, others believe what is conveinant

Just trying to "post your name so I can respect your post alittle more".

lol @ me fighting in San Shou. Read my profile, dog.

"funky" for some of us, me anyway, the profiles on the new forum format do not work due to security software blocking them... so we don't know who you are unless you post the info in a thread

I'm a long-time wrestler with a good bit of judo. I've got enough money now to start competing, but you will never see me in a mostly-standup event.

and that's cool, and no one should say otherwise, but here, if you don't conform to SOME people's ideas, they have to attack you

have a good one

funky,

as a judoka myself Can I ask you this question.

Can you imagine trying to go for judo throws while someone is punching kicking and kneeing you?

Trust me, when I tell you it's hard as hell..

Coach Ross

I'm really starting to agree with that view point. If Carter's not enough of a test, then they say spratt, if not Spratt, then baroni, if not baroni, then Hughes, if not Hughes, then someone else. Cung's never going to be a "good fighter" to these people until he fights all the big names in MMA, under MMA rules.

As far as the bias against san shou, that stuff is so crazy. Point Fighting!?! WTF?!?! Just coz we don't rely on front kick and round house exclusively? We fight in Muay Thai, boxing, & American kickboxing rules bouts somewhat frequently. At your event, 2 of us Bmore guys (myself included) went down to kicks they're calling "useless" - ie axe kick and jump spinning back kick. I guess it's not enough that K1 fighters like Andy Hug were knockin folks out with these kicks years ago...

The bias against the talent pool is hilarious too. With Shootboxing in Japan being a decent draw and the international teams on the amateur and professional level having such suprising depth, maybe it's not us that's so isolated. I probably don't need to tell you that Coach Alex of Baltimore was one of those Russian San Shou trainers as well.

Maybe we need to crossover into more MMA matches to get mma.tv groupies. Oh well, we'll just wait and see what happens. :)

Judo throws only work for me from the clinch. If I am further away, you can count on me shooting my dub or low single.

funkywb

All I really noticed was the mma and the Drunken Backyard Fighting Championships. You still made a tough guy comment to the Kru Chai or Kru Toddy (insert big muay thai name here) of the american San Shou community. Still pretty funny.

This thread is very reminicent of judo vs bjj

only worse :)

i agree on the similarities to the judo vs bjj silliness.

I thought mma was all about finally having the freedom to appreciate other arts for their strengths & learn from them to be the best fighter you can be.
Not just to have one more reason to talk trash about everything else & promote one single dogmatic party line.

I want my life back! :-P

"This thread is very reminicent of judo vs bjj"

hmmm, what is better anyway?

lkfmdc - deos jason ye still train in san sho? My wife trained with him when he was at Boston Kung Fu on newbury street. He had a lot of good fighters back then.

Jason is still around, and Boston San Shou is still a major team

Cung is good, PERIOD, he's taken bronze in three world championships...

I remember when this forum wasn't even called mma.tv (can't remember the old name sorry) where members were mostly consisting from open-minded people.

Some people here forget that what created MMA was the ability to incorporate any effective technique into your training regiment whether it was from wrestling, karate, muay thai whatever... Look at the forum topics now... "Look at how fat (insert fighter name) is" or "(insert fighter name) sucks a@#$".

Oh well, I am getting old I guess.

KickU2.

"if anyone wants to see blind hate and total lack of rational thinking, just watch "Linkage" post on any thread with Cung Le in it....."

Zinger! And blind hate? Awesome. You are officially fucking insane, and you still sound like a fan boy. Equestrian is pretty popular around the world. I get really angry when people question the riding skills of somebody who beat Shonie Carter at it. FWIW, I also teach Equestrian, and I'm insane. I'm sure we'd have lots to talk about. My turns ons are love handles, bowl cuts, striped polo shirts, and home photography.

Got to love a guy who can't help but make an ass of himself over and over again

Let's see, your last dumb post was about how no one in shootboxing can kickbox, so I suggested you pick up a copy of K-1 MAX... then I realized that

a) you probably don't know what K-1 Max is

and

b) you probably don't have the math skills to count all of those shootboxing guys

I hear you get lost at around 4, and absolutely can't count to 11 unless you're naked