Cyborg looked human

She proved that she can kinda beat another 135er. Skillwise she is nowhere near the best female.

GoldbergsAdderall -
Bigtrain2681 -
Sage Northcock -
Bigtrain2681 - 

Looked like a monster to me. Early on it became evident that Holly wasn’t stopping her. 

This fight will be looked at similar to Jones/Gus in that the challenger didn’t get run over and that in itself will be viewed as an exposure, when in truth it really wasn’t that close. 

Holly got beat up. 

Jones vs Gus was actually razor close and shouldve been a draw so thats a retarded example.

No dickchops it wasn’t. Though thank you for proving my exact point. 

Yeah it was stupid

You would indeed have to be incredibly stupid to compare this fight to Gus vs Jones.

Bigtrain2681 -
Sage Northcock -
Bigtrain2681 - 

Looked like a monster to me. Early on it became evident that Holly wasn’t stopping her. 

This fight will be looked at similar to Jones/Gus in that the challenger didn’t get run over and that in itself will be viewed as an exposure, when in truth it really wasn’t that close. 

Holly got beat up. 

Jones vs Gus was actually razor close and shouldve been a draw so thats a retarded example.

No dickchops it wasn’t. Though thank you for proving my exact point. 

No it wasn’t wasn’t. Gus clearly won.

ShanTheMan - She proved that she can kinda beat another 135er. Skillwise she is nowhere near the best female.

Disagree here, don't use the size bs, Holly was as big or bigger than Cyborg. Cyborg 'outskilled' the most skilled striker in womens mma. People are trashing Cyborg for not going beserk and stopping Holly, but Cyborg has been fighting more disiplined and cautious for her last few fights. Plus Holly's a top tier fighter you don't walk through that level of competation. Cyborg dosen't have great speed but used her boxing skills to to negate Holly's speed and she has more power in her shots. Her head movement caused Holly to wiff on many shots. She has flaws but shes a great fighter.

Get A Grip Dude -
VectorWega - 

Holm was a very tough stylistic matchup for Cyborg, she fought with a good game plan, and she was still destroyed. I'd score it 49-46.  Cyborg fought cautiously, because Holly is dangerous and to maintain her cardio.  I don't think a 5-round format is Cyborg's friend but not many fighters can hang with her for 3 rounds much less 5.

Holly's gameplan looked terrible. Feint feint shadowbox, step in with same predictable, sloppy combo over and over, landing nothing and getting hit in the process, rinse and repeat.

I thought Holly was supposed to be this slick counterstriker? Other than a couple body kicks, I don't think Cyborg ever landed anything except when Holly attacked HER. Why wasn't Holly moving away and letting Cyborg come to her, countering and moving? 

Not to mention the wall and stall, what was the plan there? If she had just thrown short strikes in that position she could have won those rounds, instead she did nothing, got reset, and lost them.

I think Holly's gameplan was to stick and move [which seems smart against a big puncher] but Cyborgs counterpunching was on point and she was the one who finished EVERY exchange. Cyborgs power punching affected Holly's gameplan to, i can't remember any high kicks from Holly and thats her big weapon. As for the clinch game i think just holding Cyborg against the fence and avoidind damage took all her effort. It was impressive but not really effective. It's a fight not a strongman competation. I was suprised Cyborg could stay so focused and disiplined for 5 rounds, Holly could not lure her into lunging into a big head kick or takedown. 

jpm995 -
ShanTheMan - She proved that she can kinda beat another 135er. Skillwise she is nowhere near the best female.

Disagree here, don't use the size bs, Holly was as big or bigger than Cyborg. Cyborg 'outskilled' the most skilled striker in womens mma. People are trashing Cyborg for not going beserk and stopping Holly, but Cyborg has been fighting more disiplined and cautious for her last few fights. Plus Holly's a top tier fighter you don't walk through that level of competation. Cyborg dosen't have great speed but used her boxing skills to to negate Holly's speed and she has more power in her shots. Her head movement caused Holly to wiff on many shots. She has flaws but shes a great fighter.

Respectfully disagree. If she weren't such a damn tank Holly could have been more aggressive. She fought well, but put her against another buff chick with Holly's skills and she'd be fucked. Her best win is a former champ coming off a hot and cold streak against normal females.

Holly tends to make everyone who doesn’t bullrush her like Ronda did look bad. She’s a counterstriker who backpedals constantly and doesn’t have a lot of power. 

da Vinci 81 - 

Holly tends to make everyone who doesn’t bullrush her like Ronda did look bad. She’s a counterstriker who backpedals constantly and doesn’t have a lot of power. 

Agreed. Unless you do something dumb like blindly windmill her like Ronda or motion for her to fight then leave your head wide open like Bethe, Holm is perfectly content to point fight and evade.

da Vinci 81 -

This

Bigtrain2681 -

Holly got beat up. 

Jones vs Gus was incredibly close... It was basically one spinning back elbow in the 4th that stole the round for Jones and won him the fight.
Bigtrain2681 -
Sage Northcock -
Bigtrain2681 - 
Sage Northcock - The one thing I'll say is that her nose was barely damaged (especially in comparison to Holly's) and she was really worried about it during the fight, constantly touching it and wiping the miniscule amount of blood coming from it.

It seems like she doesnt quite like being the nail, which is human nature of course, but she also drastically slowed down and looked lost for moments of the fight when Holly would actually land shots.

So yeah, agreed, she looked a lot more human out there tonight. Ill give her the benefit of the doubt in that this was basically the next best thing to the longtime demanded Cyborg/Rousey fight and she might have been a bit more nervous for this one than others. She also hasnt fought very many elite fighters so this could be her equivalent to when a young prospect steps up and finally fights a good fighter and cant destroy them like they did others before.

Both Holly and her looked a bit “shaken” before the fight.

Not a Cyborg fan in ANY way, shape or form. But if there’s a retarded statement being made in this thread it’s that Cyborg looked ‘shook’. Fucking LOL at that silliness. 

Hey guess what man? Ive watched the fight twice and I know what I saw. I didnt say she was scared as fuck I said it looked like the moment got to her a bit. You have to remember that the last time she had this big of a spotlight on her was back when she fought Carano. That was a long time ago. She had a lot of pressure and a valid opponent for the first time in years and it somewhat showed before the fight. Holly was nearly having a panic attack and Cyborg was looking slightly nervous as well to me, having seen a lot of her fights at this point. Again, ill state that this is my opinion since you are about as stupid as it gets. Being nervous isnt some fcking insult by the way you piece of shit. Its human.

I dont even know why that part of my opinion seemed to offend you so much anyways. Oh wait it’s because you’re a douche and had no argument so you tried to dissect my post to find something you hoped would reinforce your side of things via sidetracking and nitpicking my opinion. Youre a lowlife peice of shit invalid that is incapable of rational conversation and I wont be reading your garbage anymore so dont even bother responding.

You don’t offend me. You’re a joke. A terrible one. 

You said ‘shook’. You’re wrong. Though to be fair, I agree with the majority of what you said (guess i AM a retard). 

What YOU took offence to, YOU being the one to start with insults, was my reference to Jones/Gus being a subject of major revisionism. Jones very clearly beat Gus, the same as Cyborg very clearly beat Holm, BUT, due to it not being an absolute run over like both Jones and Cyborg are/were known for, it becomes looked upon as being closer than it was. 

Definitely was not a clear win for jones, you’re wrong

ShanTheMan -
jpm995 -

Respectfully disagree. If she weren't such a damn tank Holly could have been more aggressive. She fought well, but put her against another buff chick with Holly's skills and she'd be fucked. Her best win is a former champ coming off a hot and cold streak against normal females.
So what does she have to do??? Fight gabby?

i believe if holly was on all the same supplements she would win

Bigtrain2681 -

Holly got beat up. 

That's an awful example lol wtf 

Fury2Feed - Cyborg was going easy and carrying Holly so the crowd didn't hate her. She was due to lose the crowd. If she won savagely, the crowd boos. If she loses, the crowd cheers. She played it just right. She carried Holly and didn't come off as a monster, yet clearly won.
For the record, I wanted Holly to win. But Cyborg clearly wasn't going full strength. Not one takedown attempt? She was being nice.</span></blockquote>

Cyborg wasn't going to take down Holly.  She realized that everytime she was overpowered in the clinch.

Get A Grip Dude -
jpm995 - 

They looked the same size, but Cyborg is still heavier. Holly walks around at 155, Cyborg has posted videos where she is 165 on fight night. Lina Lansberg claimed Cyborg told her she was 170 for their fight at 140, Cyborg denies it though.

Your guessing here. Its a shame their not weighed before stepping into the ring so we can only go by visuals. Holly looked stronger than Cyborg in the clinch but not sure if Cyborg was really fighting it, she seemed more content to look for ways to inflict damage than to clinch fight. Cyborg showed way more punching power. Was a good fight regardless, both women fought their best and it was very competative.

It’s clear cyborg is killing it in the gym. But, with usada her physique is fading day by day. Will be more and more human the longer she fights in the ufc 

Cyborg gets hit a lot.  Someone with the power of Nunes might be able to stop her.  Holly doesn’t hit hard enough 

NBKfanforlife -

Cyborg gets hit a lot.  Someone with the power of Nunes might be able to stop her.  Holly doesn’t hit hard enough 

Cyborg does get hit but she counters well. Nunes is a good matchup for her, sizewise their very close. Nunes has great boxing and good jj also. I think she beats the 'old' Cyborg but will have trouble with the new cautious Cyborg. I just don't know if Nunes can take the punishment as well as she dishes it out. I think Cyborg may wear her down and finish her, i don't think Nunes has the footspeed of Holly to stay out of danger. I doubt Nunes can hold Cyborg against the cage like Holly did and stamania is a question for her. Holly was able to dictate the pace and she still lost a decision by a good margin. This is the only real compelling fight left for Cyborg unless some new talent shows up.

So Cyroid had a division created for her and is now the face of WMMA, LOL.