Damn, looks like Zuffa got rid of Kharitonov

Sucks as I was hoping to see him come to the UFC and wreck some fools. News via Bloody Elbow:

United Glory has announced a partial line-up for their next show, and there are some very interesting fights shaping up, particularly for kickboxing fans. The show will take place on March 23 in Moscow and will feature both MMA and kickboxing fights.

In the most notable development for MMA fans, Strikeforce Grand Prix semi-finalist Sergei Kharitonov is scheduled to compete, but it will be under K-1 rules. Kharitonov will face Mark Miller, the American fighter who returned from open heart surgery last year and took home the best kickboxing KO of 2011 in the process. Kharitonov has been off the radar since his GP loss to Josh Barnett, with his name not often coming up in the discussions of Strikeforce's future. With the Heavyweight division on its way out, and the Pride veteran now taking a fight that is not under the Zuffa banner, you have to wonder if he will be brought into the UFC at all, or simply released.

Sucks if they got rid of Sergei. Dana must still be bitter at Golden Glory.

I trained for a day at a sambo school in St. Petersburg, Russia and it may be a generalization but it was like positioning meant nothing to them. Phone Post

and after being ko'd by Jaideep in K1 his kickboxing rep took a hit, as Jaideep's hands leave a lot to be desired. Phone Post

I believe his SF contract allows him to take fights outside of the org, and I think he has 1 or 2 more fights on his deal... 

he'd be a good gatekeeper in the ufc

Since 145 got canceled put Griggs vs Sergei on a card asap

Damn it. I love watching Sergei fight, one of my favorites. This dude brings it every fight. He's the exact thing Dana says he looks for in a fighter, so what's the problem? Phone Post

jacktripper - he'd be a good gatekeeper in the ufc

that has to be the worst thing a fighter can hear.

Cyril Jeff -  I believe his SF contract allows him to take fights outside of the org, and I think he has 1 or 2 more fights on his deal... 

Cyril Jeff -  I believe his SF contract allows him to take fights outside of the org, and I think he has 1 or 2 more fights on his deal... 
Yeah, but remember last fall when he was scheduled on a Golden Glory card and Zuffa went nuts?  I don't think he is still with them, especially since we've heard no news of a UFC fight being lined up for him.

SamboMMA - Sucks if they got rid of Sergei. Dana must still be bitter at Golden Glory.

Why re sign Einemo then? Phone Post

epwar - 
Yeah, but remember last fall when he was scheduled on a Golden Glory card and Zuffa went nuts?  I don't think he is still with them, especially since we've heard no news of a UFC fight being lined up for him.

Zuffa went nuts because he was still part of the tourney at that point

This. He has been taking kickboxing matches the whole time he has fought in SF, his current contract obviously permits him to fight outside of org. If he does re-new his contract then expect to see a stop to this but for the time being it doesnt mean he isnt going to zuffa because of a K-1 fight.

Weak if true.

Sergei always brings it - immensely enjoy watching his fights. Would be a nice addition to the HW roster.

Tom Lawlor - I trained for a day at a sambo school in St. Petersburg, Russia and it may be a generalization but it was like positioning meant nothing to them. Phone Post

I would agree with this. They are much more submission oriented that position heavy BJJers.

What about the translator?  Hope she stays

Kharitonov vs rogers! Phone Post

Co main event worthy for sf card. Phone Post

Sephiroth - 
epwar - 

Zuffa went nuts because he was still part of the tourney at that point

No.  That show was scheduled for October 2011, a month after Sergei had lost in the HWY tournament.