Dan Hardy gets purple belt from Eddie Bravo (vid)

theOutlaw - does any of this debate really matter?

Yes, it is CRUCIAL that we clear up this BOLD TYPE problem.

I fixed the bold problem.

And, Dan Hardy for the win... :)

Morgz - 
theOutlaw - does any of this debate really matter?

Yes, it is CRUCIAL that we clear up this BOLD TYPE problem.

damn that made me laugh

also, hardy summed up my feelings on the whole thing perfectly

im glad you agree with me sir! too much energy wasted on a debate that will never be resolved.

thanks for all of the 'congrats' comments, and congrats to the other boys that got promoted. also, thanks to eddie and all the 10th planet guys that offer their time and knowledge to help me improve.

ttt for gi's, speedo's, singlets, vale tudo shorts and anything else people might want to grapple in (apart from thongs... on dudes).

Hey Dan was this recently? Are you still in the States training in Burbank?

Heartbroken Lee - Everybody calm down and look at these boobs!

WOW!! id give her a purple belt!!!! or something?

Chris -  I fixed the bold problem.

I am releived.

Ta

whats your point?

i think his point is that all the guys who are touted as "masters of the rubber guard" have an extensive background trianing in the gi

...and that point has been addressed

This thing has been gone over dozens of times. The only ones arguing the point are Eddie Bravo and his crew.

Everybody else is busy training in the gi.

Congrats to all

elgringo - i think his point is that all the guys who are touted as "masters of the rubber guard" have an extensive background trianing in the gi
Most schools on the planet that teach how to attack off your back make you wear a gi. Not much choice.

Catch wrestling and wrestling are no-gi but those styles don't teach ANY guards.

my issue with Eddie is that he has talked trash onBJJ and Judo in the past but uses the belt system when it's convenient, very hypocritical IMO. yeah yeah, so greco guys aren't judo guys but greco guys don't get their start in judo, borrow from judo, then turn their backs on judo but utilize their belt system to validate their students.

Eddies students have no problem accepting the title of BJJ___belts. You don't see Joe Rogan correcting people when they refer to him as BJJ brown belt, because it's convenient. 10thP isn't BJJ, it's a style of submission grappling. 

Congrats Dan !!

^^ you have a great point. unfortunately Eddie fells the need to film his every thought even when he's talking shit about BJJ and Judo. I don't presume to know all about Eddie and Rogan, I just know that he comes across as a hypocrite.

Congrats to Dan :)

"my issue with Eddie is that he has talked trash onBJJ and Judo in the past but uses the belt system when it's convenient, very hypocritical IMO."

What trash did on talk on bjj exactly? Quote please.

I do think no-gi is way more fun than gi and I always say that you don't need the gi if all you want to do is no-gi and mma. I say the gi does not make your no-gi tighter and I think the gi looks like a Japanese super hero outfit but why would that hurt anyone's feelings. If anyone says wrestling singlets look goofy, trust me, the wrestling community would get their feelings hurt.

"Eddies students have no problem accepting the title of BJJ"

my students are well aware that their belts are no-gi rankings not bjj rankings.

"You don't see Joe Rogan correcting people when they refer to him as BJJ brown belt"

Joe Rogan is a bjj brown belt from JJ Machado, and a 10th Planet brown belt under me.

Props to 10th planet for breaking the mold and schooling those that are stuck on tradition.