Dan Henderson got lucky

I believe what he said was something to the effect of “he was running his mouth so that last shot was to shut him up”

Although I do think Dan would have thrown that extra shot either way. He was always a guy who fought until the ref pried him off of his opponent. He’s not the first and won’t be the last. I don’t hold it against him.

2 Likes

Not the same interview but he basically says the same thing here. But also made it clear he was just instinctually fighting until the ref intervened.

2 Likes

Gotta be more.

Dangerous Dan
Decision Dan
Hollywood
Hendo

Seems like I’m missing one.

That said, OP should leave Dan alone.

Good in person, unbelievable career.
Took on all comers.

3 Likes

wonder if you would hold it against him if you were the one that got punched

Hypothetically, no because he’s doing his job. Now if he pushed the ref out of the way and started wailing on me while I’m out, then yeah, I have a problem with that.

OP should leave Dan alone? Holy shit bro, you are confused.

You’re right, my apologies.

I re-read the op and agree.
Maybe it’s because God favors him.

Unless he’s fighting Vitor.

2 Likes

Thank U Reaction GIF by Chris Gethard

Dan wasn’t KO’ing heavyweights or wilting people with one touch until later in his career. He’s the same as Vitor.

1 Like

He also stopped wrestling.

I sent this thread to Dan Henderson and he said he had a hard time sleeping knowing that he is so unliked here.

4 Likes

It all started with the Renzo fight

[quote=“MasterofMartialArts, post:220, topic:3729985, full:true”]

Funny how that works.

Often times, when wrestlers realize they have KO power they fall in love with looking for the KO until someone KOs them first. Then they become wrestlers again.

That is, unless they have a chin like Dan. Everyone talks about the H-Bomb, but his chin was easily as, if not more impressive.

2 Likes

I am only half educated on the sauce. I sort of believe Dan when he says he was doing a somewhat normal level of test. If Vitor made the same claim you’d know he was full of shit based on not just the before and after eye test, but him having to wait extra months for the Weidman fight due to still being elevated after the ban.

So one poster above said Vitor was better at taking roid than Dan, I’d say I half agree. Vitor was taking better steroids than Dan.

1 Like