Dan Henderson: Reebok isnt positive for the fighte

3:30 min mark - "To limit it to not being able to have your other sponsorship's or even make a choice, I don't think that's a positive thing for the fighters. (Henderson gets 15k a fight) It is a pay cut. Unfortunately that's what we're dealing with and that's the way it is."

Yeah, and it sounds like he only now gets into the 15k a fight tier range because of the number of fights he's had in the UFC. So, he's been getting even less than that until now.

I would think for fighters like Hendo who have been around for awhile with tons of sponsors and other opportunities, this is a horrible situation for them.

Once again, Hendo tells it like it is, and could give a rip what Zuffa thinks. He's always been that way.

Reebok is a cluster fuck in every possible way. The only people benefiting are Dana and Lorenzo, that's it. Phone Post 3.0

Dude $15K is huge for Hendo :/ Phone Post 3.0

Like Dan come on its 15k. Do you wanna be a fuckin fighter? Phone Post 3.0

Dan should be getting 100k for the level he has been competing at since the 90s. Pretty sad Phone Post 3.0

15K is better than the $2,500 CM Punk will get. Phone Post 3.0

As always, I respect the word of Hendo. For an endeavor that was, allegedly, "all about the fighters"- the fighters certainly don't seem to be all that happy about it... Phone Post 3.0

BRZ - 15K is better than the $2,500 CM Punk will get. Phone Post 3.0
CM Punk likely will make between 250k-500k from his first fight. Dan isn't making anywhere near that Phone Post 3.0

Brigham -
CM Punk likely will make between 250k-500k from his first fight. Dan isn't making anywhere near that Phone Post 3.0
Talking just about the Reebok money though. Phone Post 3.0

Ryan Black - As always, I respect the word of Hendo. For an endeavor that was, allegedly, "all about the fighters"- the fighters certainly don't seem to be all that happy about it... Phone Post 3.0

It was about the UFC establishing greater brand continuity. That's all they're about.

Bet Dan made 100 in the past from sponsors. To 15k lol Phone Post 3.0

Brigham -
In all honesty I'd say he'd be at the lower end of that range in the UFC per fight. They aren't paying a guy like Hendo peanuts Phone Post 3.0

Vikingknee - Bet Dan made 100 in the past from sponsors. To 15k lol Phone Post 3.0

I really wish Ron Kruck would have asked Hendo what he was making on average, even now at the end of his career, in sponsorships, per fight. Knowing Hendo, he would have told him without holding back.

The smirk on Hendo's face is kind of funny when Kruk asks him if even being bumped up to the $15k per fight is a pay cut for him.

The Reebok deal is a deal for the future. With any change there's always a generational resistance.

The UFC, sadly, won't give a fuck what Hendo and others think.

Eventually the Roster will be filled with fighters that don't know any different. Fighters that never experienced the good ol' days... Phone Post 3.0

What a gigantic fucking shitshow the reebok/UFC deal is. Phone Post 3.0

Hendo coming to the cage in generic reebok gear would be like a lion shaved of his mane. Phone Post 3.0

No Surrender To The AKA - Hendo coming to the cage in generic reebok gear would be like a lion shaved of his mane. Phone Post 3.0
From Mufasa to Simba lol. Phone Post 3.0

Reebok is just the start of what will be a massive sponsorship, after Reebok, the UFC can bargin with bigger brands that will probably pay a shit ton of money.

What's interesting is that the Fox deal ends at the end of 2017. Wonder if they will pay the UFC more (lets be honest, FS1 is all about UFC) or will UFC start the UFC network?

We all know how ESPN feels about mma in general, no fucks givin unless you also do hollywood.

I was one of those who didn't really want to shit on the Reebok deal right away as the whole scenario of a company paying a fighter a few Gs directly to get their logo on primetime Fox for 15 or 25 mins seemed ridiculous. That, and some of the shorts did look a mess. But, rather than the UFC securing 5 or 6 event sponsors to be displayed on fighter gear or having an official sponsor "template" for logo placement, they pushed the professional look side of things and ended up with depressingly generic rather than iconic. Phone Post 3.0