Dana bashing Nate Diaz again

A Diaz bro on a PPV guarantees I buy it so I appreciate them putting Nate on TV free so many times 

He just wants Nate to feel his needle, and see if its moving.

Raistlin -
Norin radd -
Mercenary Tao -

Nate doesn't move th needle without Conor. Dana is right here, sorry. 

Youre an idiot. He beat conor twice. Id say diaz bros have as big a following as it gets. Definitley the conor fight was what prooelled him. Watch nates next fight do over million buys without conor

I'd do a permanent screen name bet that Nate could fight anyone but Conor and it wouldn't do close to a million.
I'd bet almost anything that Nick vs Nate, with a good supporting card, could break 1 mil.

Mercenary Tao - 

To a certain degree, yes.

He didn't move the needle that much before Conor.

I don't know that it's very smart to publicize the worthlessness of one of your most notable stars. Who else does the UFC have that is interesting these days? A sidelined Jon Jones? A dad bod rusted GSP who needs half a year to fight? Sage and PVZ? The Diaz brothers are about as good as it gets outside of McGregor.

tenchu -
Mercenary Tao - 

Close to a million talk is laughable though. He's turned down everybody who isn't named Conor. 

Exciting fighter yes, when he's not bitching about something. Same with his brother 

It's probably arguable that Nate is probably the biggest name active fighter the UFC actually has right now. Who is more known outside the sport?

Mercenary Tao -
tenchu -
Mercenary Tao - 

Close to a million talk is laughable though. He's turned down everybody who isn't named Conor. 

Exciting fighter yes, when he's not bitching about something. Same with his brother 

He accepted the Ferg fight but they couldnt agree on payment so what are you on about?

Cant blame Diaz really. He deserves the points. 

meh. the boss vs employee angle is the best thing that coulda happened to Nate.

Target_the_Gash -

The UFC are absolutely fucking idiots for not paying Nate and getting him active. After the Conor fights I believe he was on a bunch of network television and he has been featured in a ton of different media platforms such as sports websites, newspapers, local news media, and so on. The Diaz brothers were just on Bourdain's show. Nate Diaz was on a Stockton billboard hocking wine. Both Diaz brothers have name recognition outside of the ring. If somebody paid them to fight, put them on a big platform, and promoted them they would easily grow into bigger stars and be some of the top draws out there. They have some of the best name recognition in the sport and probably have the worst records out of MMA's bigger stars, although both of them usually lose fights by close decision when they do lose. Both Nick and Nate are barely active these days and yet their names are constantly kept in the conversation of major fights simply because they are exciting and polarizing. Love them or hate them they are nearly impossible to forget. That's what you want when you are trying to promote somebody. 

The problem is this: you have to WIN more than you lose in order to be these big stars. They both lose more than they win these days. If those guys are serious about moving their careers forward, they have to string a few wins together. 

Can't do it by complaining and turning fights down. 

NBKfanforlife -
Target_the_Gash -

The UFC are absolutely fucking idiots for not paying Nate and getting him active. After the Conor fights I believe he was on a bunch of network television and he has been featured in a ton of different media platforms such as sports websites, newspapers, local news media, and so on. The Diaz brothers were just on Bourdain's show. Nate Diaz was on a Stockton billboard hocking wine. Both Diaz brothers have name recognition outside of the ring. If somebody paid them to fight, put them on a big platform, and promoted them they would easily grow into bigger stars and be some of the top draws out there. They have some of the best name recognition in the sport and probably have the worst records out of MMA's bigger stars, although both of them usually lose fights by close decision when they do lose. Both Nick and Nate are barely active these days and yet their names are constantly kept in the conversation of major fights simply because they are exciting and polarizing. Love them or hate them they are nearly impossible to forget. That's what you want when you are trying to promote somebody. 

The problem is this: you have to WIN more than you lose in order to be these big stars. They both lose more than they win these days. If those guys are serious about moving their careers forward, they have to string a few wins together. 

if you choke Conor out, you are not a big star these days?

NBKfanforlife -
Target_the_Gash -

Meh, not really a problem at all. It's not like they get run over by bums. And you could EASILY build a main event around Nate. His star is currently way brighter than anyone not named Conor or Mcgregor. 

Morpheus1976 -
NBKfanforlife -
Target_the_Gash -

if you choke Conor out, you are not a big star these days?

Lol

You call that bashing? Really?

What a baby. Did you get a papercut and run to your wife and say you had a laceration? Did my post textually assault you? Did you get a hematoma on your feelings?

Toughen the fuck up.

Ppl are on here talking about he should have took the fight to be the interim and fuck the ppv points as if it's any promise of a future payday with Conor..lol. Only thing real at this point is what you have in your hand. How many of these guys have we seen fucked over with a promise and an interim belt? How many times has Conor defended a belt? Exactly. Nate did the right thing. With the UFC their promises and IOU's are worthless. Their credit score for things they promise these fighters is sitting at around tree fiddy, and taking their word is worse than betting your house on the New Orleans Pelicans winning the NBA Championship. Nate was wise to sit back and relax. He owned McGregor in their pair of bouts, and eventually McGregor is going to want to even up the score. Nate got the better of McGregor. That can't sit well with the leprechaun.. eventually Nate is going to get that tie breaker anyway. And if not, shit he owned the leprechaun as it sits in the record books. 

How did Aldo's promise of a shot with the interim belt work out? How about Frankie's? How about Ferguson? How about Maia? How about Yoel? Shit is a joke.. UFC is a joke at this point. Fighters taking promises are fools.. give me PPV points. I'll take a bird in the hand before I take 3 in the bush anyday.. Ultimate Fraudulent Company in the business of scamming fighters everyday.. 

Dana just throwing  a fit because he can no longer low ball Diaz. Ess normal

Nates stock is higher than he's ever been, however, part of entertainment being an eloquent speaker in which he's not. Someone needs to advise him to hire a publicist to give him talking points. He's so marketable and can keep the bad boy image with a chip on his shoulder but just refine his speeches more.

Some would argue that he lets his fighting do the talking; true... however, it makes a big difference if he can get a few million more by fine tuning the Tongue Fu.

I think people here need to adjust what they consider to be "a draw". Yes, Conor, Brock, and peak Rondamania were million-buy events, but in terms of what defines a successful PPV, consider how the rest of the UFC's stars are doing.

Cormier had two consecutive PPVs under 300k buys.
Mighty Mouse had a PPV that was estimated around 80k buys, worst in the modern era.

A PPV is quite successful once it crosses about 200k buys, given spending and shares. Anyone that is doing above 300k buys as a headliner is solid gold, from a booking perspective.

I'd like to see what Nate/Tony does in PPV buys. If it's anything over 300k, Nate is a star.

Nate Diaz is one of the biggest draws in MMA period, he has the it Factor!! DW won't admit it. Nick is also a huge draw, The problem is The UFC just doesn't want to pay anyone. I've been following MMA for a very long time. I find myself losing the thrill it use to give me, love the FIGHTERS, it's the UFC I'm pissed off with. There way they do business just sucks. The FIGHTERS must come together at all costs.