Dana knew the whole time

Fedor has nothing to do with this comparison, retard. 

PaulfromNY -

Dana is a smart guy. smarter than the fans and the fighters. Always the trust the business man over the dumb athletes or the garbage fans aka marks. 

the business man knows better than you. 

He knows what's good for business but he has 0 integrity. He doesn't give a shit about the sport aspect.

Qannebiss -
dinkledorf -
Jones right nostril -
dinkledorf -
Easters -
dinkledorf -

OP you should be banned from posting you fucking retard shill

Why?  Cuz I have an opinion that's different than yours?

Because you're hanging from Dana's nuts and you are also completely wrong I don't know where to start. It was Dana who ruined Askrens career by not signing him 10 years earlier. He would have long become champ in the UFC. Fucking EGG wants this shitshow to be a circus so one if the most skilled wrestlers wasn't signed. Egg is the sportkiller not Jackson 

Ten years ago prime GSP would have humiliated Askren 

Maybe but  we never had a chance to find out, thx egg

Some things don't need to happen for us to know how they would unfold.

If Danny Devito fought Jon Jones, we know what would happen.

If Ariana Grande fought Stipe Miocic, we know what would happen.

If Askren fought GSP, we know what would happen.

I want to see stipe and ariana, just not in MMA match. 

Your comparisons are dumb.

I guess GSP beats him however ONLY if he avoids any kind of grappling exchanges. GSP never had to deal with chain wrestling like Askrens. The best wrestlers he faced were all power double leg guys like koscheck or Hughes. That's why Khabib would probably beat GSP too.

dinkledorf -
Qannebiss -
dinkledorf -
Jones right nostril -
dinkledorf -
Easters -
dinkledorf -

Because you're hanging from Dana's nuts and you are also completely wrong I don't know where to start. It was Dana who ruined Askrens career by not signing him 10 years earlier. He would have long become champ in the UFC. Fucking EGG wants this shitshow to be a circus so one if the most skilled wrestlers wasn't signed. Egg is the sportkiller not Jackson 

I guess GSP beats him however ONLY if he avoids any kind of grappling exchanges. GSP never had to deal with chain wrestling like Askrens. The best wrestlers he faced were all power double leg guys like koscheck or Hughes. That's why Khabib would probably beat GSP too.

Lol, every wrestler he faced was convinced that GSP had never dealt with grapplers like then before. This would only be worse.

My comparisons are actually pretty valid. The skill disparity between the two compares pretty well to the examples I provided.

dinkledorf -
Qannebiss -
dinkledorf -
Jones right nostril -
dinkledorf -
Easters -
dinkledorf -

GSP with a full Danaher camp taps Ben

Oh I get it OP....you're part serious, part troll and all faggot.

1 Like

I think Dana knew a long time ago that Op was and still is an idiot.

Pulala -
CRE - Even the casuals know Askren now. He's a profitable commodity still.

Yeah, just not an elite fighter. We tried to tell you.

dinkledorf -
PaulfromNY -

Dana is a smart guy. smarter than the fans and the fighters. Always the trust the business man over the dumb athletes or the garbage fans aka marks. 

He knows what's good for business but he has 0 integrity. He doesn't give a shit about the sport aspect.

UFC is not a sport. its entertainment. 

Jones right nostril -
Easters -

Man pretty incredible how for a decade everyone was on the Askren hype train and Dana knew it was all smoke.  Same with Fedor.  Say what you will but that guy knows fighting

Don't ever lump Fedor in the same category as Askren 

oh i see what it is. You're a bitter fedor fan. That's why you're hating on the greatness that is jones.

Qannebiss -

It's not fair to lump Fedor in there. He actually deteriorated as a fighter. Somewhere along the way, he abandoned his hip throws and grappling in general, in favour of throwing predictable haymakers. When he reigned supreme in Pride, it's not like the UFC champions were better.

Fedor never went to the UFC. I have more respect for askren.

Starting in 2007, Fedor chose not to go to the UFC and fought lindland, brett rogers and hong man choi instead to hold onto his number 1 spot in a very cheap way.

Sure he beat Arlovski and Sylvia, but they were KOed brutally by Mercer and Rogers literally months later. They were still top wins, but you have to consistently face and beat the best to be really considered the best. Fedor did not do that after he fought cro cop in 2005.

You never know if someone is the best unless they go to the UFC, especially in the post Pride era.

Easters -

Man pretty incredible how for a decade everyone was on the Askren hype train and Dana knew it was all smoke.  Same with Fedor.  Say what you will but that guy knows fighting

Fedor beat dana's champs.. Not smoke I'm not just talking about sylva and arlovski, he beat all former ufc champs that attempted to fight in pride..

JOESONDO -
YaoMingia -

Ben askren is like 35 years old. He shoulda been in the UFC 6 years ago 

Maia is 41. Just sayin

Clearly Maia stays in shape and eats properly. It's even more clear that Askren does not.

Sabaki -
Easters -

"Same with fedor???" . Get the fck out of here, fedor proved himself bye beating 5 Ufc Champions. Askren Never even came close to that . 

fedor never beat a single UFC champion in his life

he beat all ex ufc champs

The Immortal One -
Sabaki -
Easters -

"Same with fedor???" . Get the fck out of here, fedor proved himself bye beating 5 Ufc Champions. Askren Never even came close to that . 

Too bad you're new to MMA, and didn't witness Fedor in his prime. He fought in the top organization at the time(Pride), and that's not debatable. He fought the toughest heavyweights in the planet at the time, and beat them all, that's not debatable. Fucking noobs, Derp.

For all those hatin on me involving Fedor in this post, can you deny that the two are VERY SIMILAR?  Fedor was (almost) undefeated oversees and had the "aura".  Ben was the same.  Both had BIG PUSHES FROM FANS AND MEDIA to get into the UFC, but Dana maintained it's not a guarantee they could cut it in the UFC.  Shortly after Fedor went on a losing streak (which would have happened in the UFC if he was signed there) and Ben turned out to not be very good once he got in the UFC.  Dana ain't perfect but he did have a good intuiton in both these cases.  

Hate420 -
The Immortal One -
Sabaki -
Easters -

Too bad you're new to MMA, and didn't witness Fedor in his prime. He fought in the top organization at the time(Pride), and that's not debatable. He fought the toughest heavyweights in the planet at the time, and beat them all, that's not debatable. Fucking noobs, Derp.

This

PaulfromNY -

This, Dana is a doofus and a ahole at times, but the dood knows mma like no other.

Hate420 -
The Immortal One -
Sabaki -
Easters -

Haha I've been watching MMA for over 13 years pal.

Fedor, in his prime, ducked the UFC in 2007, and again in 2009. That would have been okay if he at least fought overeem, but he ducked overeem in strikeforce too.

At that point, fedor had to keep going undefeated to protect his legacy because by the beginning of 2010, there were just too many HW fighters he was already avoiding from 2007 to 2010 by playing all those boxing politics with his team.

And there you go, he starts losing, not just one loss here and there, but literally everytime Fedor has to step up in competition beginning in 2010, he loses in dominating fashion, even to maldonado and mitrione.

Easters -

For all those hatin on me involving Fedor in this post, can you deny that the two are VERY SIMILAR?  Fedor was (almost) undefeated oversees and had the "aura".  Ben was the same.  Both had BIG PUSHES FROM FANS AND MEDIA to get into the UFC, but Dana maintained it's not a guarantee they could cut it in the UFC.  Shortly after Fedor went on a losing streak (which would have happened in the UFC if he was signed there) and Ben turned out to not be very good once he got in the UFC.  Dana ain't perfect but he did have a good intuiton in both these cases.  

he did

and so did team fedor, which is why they avoided the lesnar fight in 2009