Dana: Only would make Gina vs Ronda at 135

Dana talked about it at the presser on Thursday:
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/video-dana-whites-ufc-171-media-scrum-on-his-ecstatic-goodbye-to-trt-gsps-return-ufcs-global-victories-ronda-rousey-gina-carano-more/

I think it would be a tremendous coup to get Gina to come back at 135lbs and I think they could do it. I know Dolce has said he could get Gina to 135lbs, and considering that Gina has fought at 138lbs before, I think he could too.

The real money with Gina would be at 135 instead of any catchweight and Dana knows this because even if Gina loses, she still would have tremendous name value for more than one fight.

I think the UFC could make Gina an extremely reasonable offer and get her to return in they wanted to. Despite what some may think, Gina is not making a million dollars per movie. She's like in the $300,000 range per movie.

I think the UFC could offer her a contract with PPV points where the potential money for Gina could be $700,000+ and that isn't even counting any potential hidden bonuses.

A 3 to 4 fight contract would be the ideal situation. Besides a potential fight to build up to the Ronda fight and a fight with Ronda, I also believe that Gina going against Liz and Miesha could also do quite well as a semi-main on a PPV.

i believe he said before she already has a 4 fight contract with them, from when they purchased strikeforce.

Chrismac902 - i believe he said before she already has a 4 fight contract with them, from when they purchased strikeforce.

It is unlikely that they could get her back under her previous Strikeforce contract. I'm assuming they would renegotiate the contract.

I bet Dolce could get Brock Lesnar to 125.

Lesnar vs Dodson, let's do it! Phone Post 3.0

Give me a fighter that has a chance... Phone Post 3.0

Dolce says some crazy things that I doubt.. This is one of them. Another is "I can get frank Mir to 205"

I'm not doubting his ability but it seems quite far fetched to say the least. Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand how this fight makes sense...?
Fight the woman cyborg destroyed?

Or is this just to sell ppvs?
Is there no other woman in the division that Ronda could fight? is the division that thin? Phone Post 3.0

Duckin that cyroid hardcore

HandyDarsh - I don't understand how this fight makes sense...?
Fight the woman cyborg destroyed?

Or is this just to sell ppvs?
Is there no other woman in the division that Ronda could fight? is the division that thin? Phone Post 3.0
The fight is more of a victory lap for women's MMA and a massive PPV draw. Kind of a Royce v Hughes sort of thing. Both women would end up with several million dollars with their respective cuts of the PPV. Phone Post 3.0

I don't care who she fights I just wanna see Gina back in there. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know, you might have a better chance of Cyborg making that weight than Gina.

Jambo888 - 

shows how empty the women's side still is

How so? Dana is meeting with Holly Holm this week, and you've also got Cat Zingano and Alexis Davis waiting in the wings. That is three potential contenders, a year's worth to build up more contenders.

And the whole Gina/Ronda thing is something created by the media based on Rogan's comments a week ago.

Gina wins easy.

I'd pay for the weigh in. Phone Post 3.0

"The real money with Gina would be at 135 instead of any catchweight and Dana knows this because even if Gina loses, she still would have tremendous name value for more than one fight."

How is the "real money" at 135? After losing to Rousey Gina would still have the same name value regardless of the weight.

I had a semi main thinking about Gina v Meisha. Would love to see Gina back. Easy win for Ronda, but that is true of the whole division. Phone Post 3.0

Gina's probably packing 135 lbs of ass and titties right now.

And that's the way it should be.

He has to say that after Cyborg thing Phone Post 3.0

there are few things finer in this world than a  weight cutting gina