Dana really needs to can it...

Finally back from vacation and have solid internet access...I missed the latest UFC and saw a few highlights, then just read the Yahoo article about Rhonda.

I really respect her and her fighting ability, but Dana has turned Rousey into some sort of demigod or something, especially when I read a comment like this, by Dana.

""This is a chick that could leave this building, walk down the Las Vegas Strip and wreck every guy on the Las Vegas Strip. There's never been a women in the history of the world that could do that.""

Uh, yeah, I don't think so. Could she wreck a many? Possibly. But all of them? Please, stop with the hype machine. Rousey should get by on her own merits, not unnecessary hype from DFW.

On the final note, please, just sign Cyborg so we can get this done and over with. I'm not certain who wins the fight, but the rubber match could be pretty damn good.

Thats his cash cow, he doesn't want her to fight cyborg.

Rowdy Ronda could whoop my ass and I can whoop any man's ass. So MMA math says Dana is right! Phone Post 3.0

In the right circumstances, imo. Phone Post

The Alpha Male - Thats his cash cow, he doesn't want her to fight cyborg.

let us know what she headlines a 400k ppv event...

Fans complain that the UFC needs to market and build stars and that they only want to build the brand and push Dana. Then when Dana tries to push a star like Ronda there are complaint threads like this. Some dabs will never be happy.

And yes, I think Ronda could wreck the average man who had no real fight training. Not sure what's so offensive about that starement. Makes sense to me.

All while being 100% against women's MMA previously. I get it, you change your mind when you find yourself a gem like Rousey, but seriously, there just aren't the same number of female competitors to equal out to her level.

I'm sure we could find some olympic level judoka that could be trained to hang and beat her.

JoeHurley - Fans complain that the UFC needs to market and build stars and that they only want to build the brand and push Dana. Then when Dana tries to push a star like Ronda there are complaint threads like this. Some dabs will never be happy.

And yes, I think Ronda could wreck the average man who had no real fight training. Not sure what's so offensive about that starement. Makes sense to me.

We don't need Dana over hyping someone and giving us unrealistic ideas. Dana did not say she could beat the average man--he said she could walk down Las Vegas Blvd and wreck every guy on it without a problem. Rousey may be able to wreck all of Las Vegas if they were all drunk, but I seriously doubt she could walk down the street and wreck everyone like Dana says.

If a fighter is a star, we don't need the DFW hype machine churning out bullshit statements. He might as well bring back the old school kung fu dim mak hype, too.

Newsflash Atomic.

Dana is a promoter hence his job is to promote his product.

He is a promoter, but when he slings that much bullshit people just start to tune him out. There is a difference between promoting and being utterly ridiculous.

Stea1th - 

I don't think we will see Ronda Vs Cyborg unless Ronda asks for it, which we haven't seen it. or UFC signs cyborg which probably won't happen. 

personally I rather see Ronda vs Gina but that's probably not my brain talking

The UFC already signed her though. She ran.

If you were Dana, how would you hype her up? Let her own merits speak for itself? That's not way of promoting a fighter.

JonnyW - 
Stea1th - 

I don't think we will see Ronda Vs Cyborg unless Ronda asks for it, which we haven't seen it. or UFC signs cyborg which probably won't happen. 

personally I rather see Ronda vs Gina but that's probably not my brain talking

The UFC already signed her though. She ran.

Ronda Vs Gina is just gonna be as quick and useless as every other fight Ronda's in at the moment.

Atomic - 
JoeHurley - Fans complain that the UFC needs to market and build stars and that they only want to build the brand and push Dana. Then when Dana tries to push a star like Ronda there are complaint threads like this. Some dabs will never be happy.

We don't need Dana over hyping someone and giving us unrealistic ideas. Dana did not say she could beat the average man--he said she could walk down Las Vegas Blvd and wreck every guy on it without a problem. Rousey may be able to wreck all of Las Vegas if they were all drunk, but I seriously doubt she could walk down the street and wreck everyone like Dana says.

If a fighter is a star, we don't need the DFW hype machine churning out bullshit statements. He might as well bring back the old school kung fu dim mak hype, too.

Jesus Christ, chill out Captain Literal.  He makes a comment during an interview pumping up one of his stars and you take it as gospel truth and want to argue it.  If he says it's hot as hell outside would you make a thread arguing about the existence of hell and the theoretical temperature there?

If it's that serious to you then drive to the vegas strip, get the stats, experience and vitals of every man there, find the one you think she couldn't wreck and then we can discuss possible matchups and outcomes.  Or just realize he is a promoter hyping up his fighter, roll your eyes and move on with your life.

The Dana White bitching has gotten ridiculous on here.  Why do you not complain when Struve says he could walk through any heavyweight not in the top 5 or when McGregor says he can beat anyone in his weight class? But when Dana says something less outrageous you are all over him with this thread.

It's almost like he's trying to promote her or something. Phone Post 3.0

OP is correct.

Dana's BS statement only ruin his credibility when he hypes her up.

She's a great fighter and a great asset to the UFC, but let's keep it real.

Atomic -

If you want to take his comments literally just to find a reason to bitch and whine that's fine.

Anyone with common sense knows what he meant, and knows he is a promoter.

Get over it. Phone Post 3.0

Just get a silver or gold medalist female judo practitioner to come beat her. Phone Post 3.0

chokeyou - 
The Alpha Male - Thats his cash cow, he doesn't want her to fight cyborg.

let us know what she headlines a 400k ppv event...

Who? Ronda or Cyborg?

Every time RR's name is mentioned, it is also mentioned that she is the biggest star in The UFC.

It doesn't matter who mentions her name, it is followed up with (arguably) The Biggest Star In The UFC!!!!

Why can't say her name once in a while without the follow up exclamation?  I am getting fucking sick and fucking tired of fucking hearing it TBH.

And when a 135 pound woman is the best fighter in your organization and its biggest star, that should send up alarm bells, not be something to brag about.

Just saying.