Dana says no to 5 round non title fights!

Here are a couple of thoughts:

What if both Liddell and Silva had gassed out and you got Gonzaga/Jordan or Hallman/Rivera for the last two rounds. How bad would that tarnish the legacy of that fight? Not every fighter is a sherk, edgar or guida.

Also, MMA fighters already train themselves to death for normal 3 round fights, how are they supposed to get up there for 5-7 rounders? I'd expect injuries to go through the roof, and imagine all canceled title fights, the excuses and probably more Cote's happening all over the place. Plus that much work promotes more steroid and other PED usage as well.

I always look forward to a 5 round war at the end of a card, but after some critical thinking there are major issues. If it can be done consistently and fairly, I'm all for it.

bam57bam - When asked a question about the 5 round non title fights in the post fight presser, Dana says he doesn't like them. He said if you make non title fights 5 rounds then title fights lose their luster.(Paraphrasing)He says he will not be doing them.

The UG needs to get on this and demand he rethink his position!
Wow! I agree with Dana.

5 round non-title fights are totally stupid. I don;t even like 25 min fights. The fifth round is USELESS!!!

yeah, ive tried demanding ex-girlfriends rethink their positions.......it never works