Dana to announce at least two more 300 fights today

That win over Cerrone was like 4yrs ago this month
Since 2017- Present day he has 1 win.

1 Like

He aint comin back

Is there a main event yet?

Nope, supposedly will be announced this week.

1 Like

Tomorrow or Friday I’d imagine we get the main

https://youtu.be/qaGV1HD0V98?si=RYPZSWFbxXxsSu-Q

1 Like

Tomorrow or Friday I’d imagine we get the main

https://youtu.be/qaGV1HD0V98?si=RYPZSWFbxXxsSu-Q

Anik and Florian seem to agree. The Conor or MW title fights are really the only options for 300 headliner due to Pereira needing to headline 301 in Brazil.

One thing is, we know the 300 main event won’t be as bad as Nunes vs Tate so its all good, IMO. Glass half full no matter what.

3 Likes

1 Like

Not listening to these two clowns

4 Likes

Seriously, two biggest douche bags in mma

7 Likes

That beating and post beating root are probably still the worst humiliation we’ve witnessed in the octagon. Especially after all the shit Costa talked.

1 Like

I wish that rumor from twitter about Conor and a 165 lb division was true but 165 lbs is too good to be true most likely.

Dana will probably just announce Du Plessis vs Adesanya as the 300 main event later today.

He did say he was announcing the main event this week.

3 Likes

I read something yesterday saying it’s absolutely not a title fight so I assume that’s absolutely what it is lol

1 Like

Still no main event announced but there does not seem to be many options beyond that Du Plessis vs Adesanya fight and Aspinall vs Pereira is there as well but you know they want Pereira headlining 301 and defending his LHW title.

I doubt Dana likes the Aspinall vs Pereira option for right now but who knows.

The situation with Conor could be they won’t give him the 300 main event he seems to want because not only can 300 carry itself without him but mainly they probably want him to re-sign with them before they give him something like that and perhaps he does not want to re-sign right now.

If they won’t book Conor its likely because he wants to fight out his UFC contract here, go box a little and then maybe return to UFC later.

His manager was pretty adamant he wanted that 300 spot but has made no mention of Conor re-signing with the UFC right now.

UFC could have had so many great title fights headlining PPV’s with so many stars over the past decade if they created 165 and 175 and instead they focused on the “BMF” title, WSW, WFLW, WBW and WFW title fights instead.

Its just terrible, all the talent was there to have 55, 65 and 75 thriving as the deepest and most exciting divisions in the sport with the most stars and they ignored it.

Population size distribution and male interest in combat sports demanded 165 and they completely ignored it and created a belt and division for Cyborg and it failed so bad they were never able to even rank ten or fifteen WFW fighters and now they are forced to get rid of the division.

Their men’s FLW division was doing so bad they let the greatest FLW ever go to another promotion.

Their HW division is something they can barely hold title fights for. They average like one HW title fight a year.

The most profitable thing they could have done in the past decade was turn 55 and 70 into 65 and 75 and a few years ago all the fighters were publicly asking them to do so still…nothing.

What is next, are they gonna have two hundred LW’s men signed and two hundred WW’s while they create a women’s HW belt for Gabi Garcia now that USADA is gone?

3 Likes

If Hill can’t return by then I really hope it’s Perreira vs Rountree Jr. Fuck rankings, I just want to see it. Guy’s 5-0 since 2021 and the division is thin af anyways, wouldn’t be the worst title shot ever.

3 Likes

I’d be fine with that fight. Roundtree won’t get it though, not right now. Hope he does get a title shot one day though.

Just KOd Smith and the division is thin, he’s only 1-2 fights away. Just KOd Smith, I’d chuck him in with Ankalaev or Jan on his comeback.

4 Likes

I didn’t know his win streak was that big. Looking forward to his next fight. It would be awesome to see him get a title shot. Not a title shot a lot of people saw coming if it happens.

1 Like

Is Rountree the one that was beating on a guy in the corner and had to tell his mother to shut up because she was so loud? Help me out…

2 Likes