3 Likes

Roundtree

His KO against Saki was a beaut

1 Like

It was indeed

1 Like

No mcgregor, he aint ever coming back

1 Like

I had it half right. He was the one losing at the time.

I’ll take shit shows for 1,000 Alex

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AjDuxche/status/1755404987268551139?t=RwKG45wheIsZsnCh_5FFYA&s=19

lol
:nauseated_face:

That said, Aspinall adds he’s staying ready just in case he’s called to headline the historic card on April 13, because he would definitely like to fight sooner rather than later.

“On my end, I’ve heard nothing so far,” Aspinall said on his TikTok channel. “As I’ve said plenty of times before, I’m not one to turn down fights. I’m not particularly looking for that fight [against Alex Pereira], but if it’s available and they offer it to me, I will take it. I’m ready to fight.”

Aspinall claimed the interim title with a blistering first-round knockout of Sergei Pavlovich this past November, but his next fight remains rather murky. He’s called for a matchup with reigning UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who is still recovering from a torn pectoral muscle that prevented him from competing this past November.

Jones has made it clear that his return will come against former UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and nobody else. The UFC has backed that request with plans to book Jones vs. Miocic sometime in 2024.

That leaves Aspinall twisting in the wind, especially considering the long standing rumors that perhaps Jones and Miocic could retire after they eventually clash.

“There’s been a lot of shouts about who I should fight next,” Aspinall said. “I’m ready to fight. Let me know. It’s as simple as that. Let me know who and where.

“I’m like the easiest guy ever to entice to a fight. Every time the UFC has asked me to fight, I said yeah. I’ve never even questioned who, when, where, anything like that. Make me an offer, and it’s highly likely I’ll say yeah.”

2 Likes

So based on what Jones said about Hunter calling him for 300 it really seems they got no main event for one of the biggest shows ever.

Certainly not an ideal main event.

Thats the thing about cards with numbers…a fight like Khabib vs Gaethje or GSP vs Penn or Jones vs DC can only happen when the stars align. The promotion can’t just create it.

Hell Conor was the biggest star ever and a single title defense didn’t even get attempted and he is only 1-3 since he won his last title and thats been eight years.

I know Du Plessis said he does not want to fight on 300 and wants the fight with Adesanya in South Africa but if UFC has nothing ready to go for the main event, they probably offer him more money to headline 300 or they just go and do Aspinall vs Pereira since they have been unable to secure Conor, Jones or even Du Plessis for 300.

299 and 300 are great back to back cards but the problem is there is just not that organic hype for any of the fights that only comes around once in a while when the right fighters have had the right win streaks and said the right things.

299 has 14 fights with 25/28 fighters ranked in the top 30 in the world and 12 of them are ranked in the top 10 with a champ headlining and three former champs on the card.

Can’t hate on 299 and 300 as back to back big cards there is just not that one can’t miss superfight as big as what the promotion and fans would like in an ideal world.

No Fedor vs Crocop, Lesnar vs Carwin, Penn vs GSP, Khabib vs Conor superfight on either card. They just don’t come along that often.

1 Like

3 Likes

Aka terrorist ties and UFC is trying to work with whichever gov agency to get him over here.

1 Like

The DDP/Izzy fight feels like a headliner. The others not so much. At least for such a big event.

Imagine if they did infact book DDP Vs Chimaev,
Only for him to be denied entry at USA customs and detained+sent back to his own country 5 days from the flight

Leon survives the 1st round onslaught and stops the rat in the 4th.

2 Likes

Imagine Edwards vs Belal Muhammad lmao

2 Likes

I’m hearing khamzat vs leon rumours. Khamrat doesn’t deserve the title shot. And once again it’s someone smaller than him with no wrestling background. Standard cumshot callout

1 Like