Dana to announce at least two more 300 fights today

Diaz McGregor 3

Is also a good guess

2 Likes

Yeah , I can see this.

There really hasn’t been much promotion of their fight (scheduled) in 8 days time and they kinda have been quiet for the past few weeks…

Yeah someone also dropped this a few days ago, that would be super fun took

At least you’ll finally be a UFC fan again…

Australia has the same exact standards for entry as canada and they didnt give him any shit . He mainly has misdemeanor assault charges and the only misdemeanors they really care about are D.U.I

Just re watched UFC 100 recently and I’d yelled at the TV like it was live. It also reminded me why i hated Bisping so much.

3 Likes

God damn dude!!!

SPOILER ALERT MUCH

Happy to hear they got Brady vs Luque headlining the Atlantic City card. Thats two weeks before 300 and then a week before is Vettori vs Allen.

UFC has four Fight Nights booked between 299 and 300. If you like to watch a few fights every weekend… then you can’t find too much to complain about in terms of what UFC is putting together. Starting in Feb they are delivering ten straight weeks of fights heading into 300.

Not surprised they had to pull the Tuivasa vs Tybura fight off 298 and use it to headline an Apex Fight Night in March, hell they got four Fight Nights in two countries and two states that month plus 299 in Miami to juggle.

2 Likes

72c0a27bdbae0d5ed017d5152d2c9b01309931c1_2_392x500

1 Like

Taking far too long to announce the main event, which suggests it is parties outside their control and protracted negotiations. Coupled with Dana’s “just wait until you see who it is” (something like that) exclamation hints at superstar status. No one on the current roster or even recent past can be considered that. Words like that are reserved for the Brock types. Who else could it be. Elon and Zuck might but zero clues out of their camps at all. Their original beef seems to have died as quickly as it arose. Khabib vs Conor might but I actually don’t think to that extent. Wasn’t there a famous boxer hinting at trying MMA or something?

I guess it’s about time I can finally cancel my ESPN+ subscription.

3 Likes

Ankalaev of course said he wants the next LHW title shot. Said he would be ready for 300.

Like the Edwards Belal fight… I just can’t see UFC having Ankalaev headline 300, maybe 301 but not 300.

Of course I could see either of those fights being the co-main though. If UFC needs Pereira to headline then they will probably try to get Adesanya in for the trilogy vs Pereira and just make Ankalaev wait.

Ank is THE most boring guy on the roster. I don’t think they’d want him on top of any PPV let alone 300

2 Likes

Dude, he has just as many OTN awards as the super exciting Michel Pereira despite not having that many more fights.

Yeah he does not take crazy risks but he is going after the title, he is not there to be an entertaining journyman headlining the prelims.

Sure he is not Gaethje and he is not hitting tornado kicks like MVP or flying armbars like Rumina Sato but you act like he is Fitch.

Agree though, they don’t want him headlining 300 but they have headlined random PPV’s with less exciting fighters than him.

Even without the excitement of a Dustin or Conor…he will get strong support globally from his demographic.

People didn’t find Khabib the most thrilling fighter ever before his rise to stardom.

1 Like

His face annoys me

Does the UFC even think 300 is shaping up to be their best card of the year let alone and all time great card? What a massive disappointment.

1 Like

Wishful thinking, maybe even delusional perhaps. Or just completely delusional but…

How about Brock vs. Fedor as the main.

That was the only fight Dana was genuinely interested in.

Both are out of the “system” hence the silence and long delay in announcement (read negotiations)

Both are of the same or similar vintage and fitness levels right now.

That would be more than fitting under superstar status of “wait until you see who the main event is” etc.

Why not? Even at an exhibition level only, surely it could still be of interest to all?

Nah. Mad talk.

The problem is of course Dana himself. It is his MO. Get some wild and whacky idea in his head, announce it to the public as a fait accompli and only then does he instruct his staff to go out and make it happen. And of course 99% it is an impossibility and never materializes.

So after all this delay all this loud noise about the biggest best greatest event ever we’ll end up with a complete dud as the main event. Probably Ronda Rousey vs. Deodrant and a bar of soap!

Conor made khabib. Just like he did with a few others. Khabibs fight before Conor probably did 250k buys.

1 Like

He’s not Fitch the fighter but let’s be honest he has less personality than a block of wood.

1 Like

Brock and Fedor is way better than Brock and Aspinall.

Love Brock but the guy is nearly 50. Aspinall will take his head off at this point.