Dana to Nate: "Sit out the rest of your career"

rockfists - 
KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Nate is a draw? Phone Post 3.0
Enough of a draw to main or co main his last 4 out of 5. Enough of a draw that Dana white won't let him fight for Bellator. Enough of a draw that Dana has to answer questions 7 months into 2014 just because nate tweets one thing. Enough of a draw you came in this thread, even if it was to bash him. Enough of a draw to laugh at anyone saying Dana is doing the smart move when they had their lowest ppv in 7 years.

Church. Phone Post 3.0

What you're saying is mostly true, the Diaz bros are a valuable brand and that's why we won't see them cut anytime soon.

However, Nate fucked up by signing into a contract he wasn't happy with. So Nate doesn't really have anyone to blame but either himself or whoever was doing the negotiating for him.

I'm a Nate fan but you can't sign off on a contact saying I'm agreeing to getting paid X amount of money for X amount of fights, and then flip a switch, begin to complain that you're not getting paid enough and refuse to fight. What makes matters even worse is that he's lost 2 of his last 3 fights; he should've brought this shit up when he tore through Gomi, Cerrone and Miller.

All Nate is doing now is wasting time.

I swear this is the last time I am going to post on a Nick and Nate thread I would rather post on a Ronda/Cyborg thread at this point cuase at least they are fighting.

For those of you that are talking all this shit about paying them what they are worth, SHUT UP ALREADY!!! These grown ass men made a deal, hell they even hired a grown ass manager to make that deal for them now this is not UFC fault in any way this is the fault of the dumbass who signed the contract. Since we are talking worth and value here I think the clearest example of what Nate is worth is what UFC is right now willing to pay him, so for all intents and purposes he is worth exactly what his current contract states he is worth.

For those talking about UFC should release him? WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY DO THAT.. After investing in Nate through Tuf and dealing with his BS they should now release this commodity so that the competition can pick him up and use him? If he wanted out of his contract he should have fought his remaining fights then bailed. UFC Don't owe him NAte shit at this point.

Nick on the other hand has a stronger bargaining position because is much more marketable if Nick so he will probably get big profile money fight.

One thing about money is it can always go away and you can always have more, they are fools to be sitting out unless they really want to be retired. If in fact they really want to be done with fighting then who cares.

Dana is right, don't know how anyone can disagree with him here Phone Post 3.0

If you sign a contract then stick to it, it's not like he's been on a streak so thinks his stock should be higher, like to see him fight again but have no interest I'm listening to him bad mouth other fighters and complain about money any more Phone Post 3.0

JoeHurley - 
blakemp - 
JoeHurley - 

Guessing Nate took offense when Cerrone said everybody was scared to fight Nurmagomedov since Nate had recently turned down the fight.

I'ma ll for fighters getting more money, but this isn't the way to do it.  You can't sign a contract then change your mind one fight later because a teammate signed a better contract and you decide youwant more money. The problem isn't about honoring contracts, but because it puts Zuffa in a position where they can't do it.  If they did then it opens the floodgates and everybody would start doing the same thing.  There are ways to go about renogitiating, but this isn't a good one.  Very few people have the name recogition, value and influence to hold out like this and force a new contract, but Nate is not one of them.

Well, despite the misconceptions by the MMA media, Nate isn't changing his mind because of Gilbert's contract. Nate's issues with the UFC became public over 1 month before Gil signed the Bellator contract (about a month and a half before the UFC contract). And also it's important to remember: the UFC is able to cut fighters at will. In other words: it's perfectly acceptable for the UFC to disregard Nate's obligation to do 8 fights, but it's not acceptable for Nate to disregard the UFC's obligation to pay $60,000?

This whole fighter pay issue has been convoluted by the UFC. Maybe this isn't the best business strategy (for renegotiation) by Nate, but I can't help but support him.

I'm just going by Nate's comments in interviews about being unhappy with pay and how much Gil got. I admit I don't know the facts, but it is what it is at this point.

As for the UFC being able to cut at will and Nate not being able to disregard the $60,000, yesit's perfectly acceptable since those were the terms of the contract he signed.  Both sides can negotiate and ask for what they want, but once they agree and sign then you have to abide by it.  Nate should be more upset with his manager than Zuffa because they're doing what they are supposed to do in getting the best deal they can.  He pays his manager to do the same and obviously he wasn't happy with what he got. 

Either way, whether we agree with him or not, he is not going to force them to renegotiate this way.  They cannot afford to fold when it's been made so public.

Yeah, I have no clue how it will play out, I think it's possible for the UFC to get fed up with everything and get a deal done. But, I don't think $60,000 is a term in the contract for Nate. In other words: the amount of time a fighter must fight exclusively in the UFC is also a term in the contract, but the UFC is clearly not obligated to it. So shouldn't it also work the other way around?

I'm not sure how upset Nate should be with his management, because the UFC can be ruthless with their business tactics. Observing how the fighters behave is like watching FBI or NSA employees who are terrified of not being "company men". Like, the UFC knows how to bully, apply pressure, etc. And, another thing the media consistently fails to report, is the UFC had the veiled threat of not giving Nate a title shot.

In the end he obviously messed up, he should've never gotten accustomed to the UFC & he should've realized the value of his brand. But he did admit to being fooled, being conned, and being dumb... So at what point is he allowed to have mass support from the fans? Like, if he finishes out his contract, he'll have to step into the octagon 5 more times thinking, "I'm getting fucked up the ass"

Nate got owned a few times and got a very nice win over Maynard and now he's holding his stance since he knows he probably wouldn't beat another two top level guys, thus losing all his negotiating leverage. Tough to try to get a Melendez like deal after Khabib has thrown his face on the canvas for 25 minutes straight for example

Sean Thompson - I swear this is the last time I am going to post on a Nick and Nate thread I would rather post on a Ronda/Cyborg thread at this point cuase at least they are fighting.

For those of you that are talking all this shit about paying them what they are worth, SHUT UP ALREADY!!! These grown ass men made a deal, hell they even hired a grown ass manager to make that deal for them now this is not UFC fault in any way this is the fault of the dumbass who signed the contract. Since we are talking worth and value here I think the clearest example of what Nate is worth is what UFC is right now willing to pay him, so for all intents and purposes he is worth exactly what his current contract states he is worth.

For those talking about UFC should release him? WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY DO THAT.. After investing in Nate through Tuf and dealing with his BS they should now release this commodity so that the competition can pick him up and use him? If he wanted out of his contract he should have fought his remaining fights then bailed. UFC Don't owe him NAte shit at this point.

Nick on the other hand has a stronger bargaining position because is much more marketable if Nick so he will probably get big profile money fight.

One thing about money is it can always go away and you can always have more, they are fools to be sitting out unless they really want to be retired. If in fact they really want to be done with fighting then who cares.
Vtfu

/thread Phone Post 3.0

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - 
Sean Thompson - I swear this is the last time I am going to post on a Nick and Nate thread I would rather post on a Ronda/Cyborg thread at this point cuase at least they are fighting.

Vtfu

/thread Phone Post 3.0

Really? Is there seriously anyone here who would ever suggest Nate is only worth $60,000? And when did the UFC ever invest in Nate? When has the relationship ever been anything other than Nate earning them money?

It's important to realize here: Nate never made a deal to accept a paycheck, he only made a deal to remove all leverage in further negotiations (removing the ability to fight in another organization). Nate never agreed to accept whatever the UFC is paying - UFC contracts don't work like that. They only work if the fighter is happy, and if the fighter isn't happy, they renegotiate. But with 0 leverage, and with whatever Nate was asking, the UFC chose to go this route.

blakemp -
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - 

Vtfu

/thread Phone Post 3.0

Really? Is there seriously anyone here who would ever suggest Nate is only worth $60,000? And when did the UFC ever invest in Nate? When has the relationship ever been anything other than Nate earning them money?

It's important to realize here: Nate never made a deal to accept a paycheck, he only made a deal to remove all leverage in further negotiations (removing the ability to fight in another organization). Nate never agreed to accept whatever the UFC is paying - UFC contracts don't work like that. They only work if the fighter is happy, and if the fighter isn't happy, they renegotiate. But with 0 leverage, and with whatever Nate was asking, the UFC chose to go this route.
So UFC contracts don't specify pay. Interdasting Phone Post 3.0

slamming - "Some people just suck way too much UFC d--," Diaz tweeted. "An they where cowboy hats."

On Tuesday, White used his platform on UFC.com to swing back at the Stockton native.

"Nate can do whatever he wants to do," White said. "Nate can sit out and not suck any UFC whatever, for as long as he wants to. Who cares, he's a grown man. Sit out for as long as you want, sit out the rest of your career, it's your decision. But to start making fun of guys who actually like to fight, and guys who go out there and put on unbelievable fights and people love to see him? [Cowboy] steps up and does what he does. People love ‘Cowboy' Cerrone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/15/5903669/dana-white-responds-to-nate-diaz-sit-out-the-rest-of-your-career-its

If Nate doesn't want to suck this UFC dick, he can just sit out.

Nate doesn't like to fight.

People don't care to see Nate fight.

-- DFW

I don't think Nate's goin about it right, but neither is Bossman.

dirtysouthjits -
slamming - "Some people just suck way too much UFC d--," Diaz tweeted. "An they where cowboy hats."

On Tuesday, White used his platform on UFC.com to swing back at the Stockton native.

"Nate can do whatever he wants to do," White said. "Nate can sit out and not suck any UFC whatever, for as long as he wants to. Who cares, he's a grown man. Sit out for as long as you want, sit out the rest of your career, it's your decision. But to start making fun of guys who actually like to fight, and guys who go out there and put on unbelievable fights and people love to see him? [Cowboy] steps up and does what he does. People love ‘Cowboy' Cerrone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/15/5903669/dana-white-responds-to-nate-diaz-sit-out-the-rest-of-your-career-its

-- DFW

You're just making up quotes. Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom -
Robert Paulson - 
KnowAnySailors -
I Wild Each It - Nick and Nate are bigger draws that 95% of the roster. Pay them accordingly, and they might just fight again.
Nate is a draw? Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Fucking nubs get the fuck out of here and go watch extreme knitting that's more up your alley. 

Are they actually knitting on extreme knitting or just talking shit about knitting? Phone Post 3.0

Nick and Nate both have one win in their last 3 fights both over fighters that haven't looked good as of late BJ just got finished and retired and gray has lost his last three by knockout Phone Post 3.0

They are great fighters, but don't have what it takes to become champions which is the only time the UFC will care to listen to you if you complain about money.

slamming - 
dirtysouthjits -

-- DFW

You're just making up quotes. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck. You saw right through me.

Paraphrasing, imo. But he might as well have said it.

Amirite? Amirite? Guys?

I don't like the Diaz bros but I'd pay to watch nick fight Hendricks. Nate? Don't care if he fights again and I don't really care if nick does either. Why not win the fights ur offered and negotiate after ? Phone Post 3.0

The Diaz brothers' moaning is boring. Phone Post 3.0

The Diaz brothers have gone from two of the biggest "anyone, anytime, anywhere" figures in MMA to two of the biggest moaners in the sport.

I like the idea of fighting for better pay in the UFC, but this just isn't gonna work. Especially not for Nate Phone Post 3.0

Glad the UFC is starving Nate out. If the sport can move on after Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Lesnar, etc what makes you think the Diaz brothers are gonna be missed? Nick is popular but he is not a draw, even less are gonna tune in to watch Nate. Phone Post 3.0

Umm.. Ok, I'll say it.... *wear, they WEAR cowboy hats. Phone Post 3.0