Dana White calls media scumbags for questioning fighter pay

You’re a lil bitch, and a lot of us do care about getting people Arby’s paid a living wage.

1 Like

Here’s some real dogshit incoming

1 Like

You like easy thinking.

1 Like

There was some fighter crying about pay, the media was freaking out and Dana said something along the lines of “Ask him what exactly he makes. Let him tell you the numbers and then make a determination.”

He never offered a number. That’s a checkmate in my book. That’s you getting all the spotlight you wanted, you get to peel back the curtain, and now you’re shutting the fuck up because you’re in a spot where you have to go “…well I mean like, yeah, I’ve made millions on millions but…would be nice if it could be more, y’know?”

It took you 7 minutes to type that! A vague anecdote with no details

oh shit I officially have dickriders now

mama’s little boy finally made it!

Feeling blessed

If fighting doesn’t pay enough, go back to law school or something.

If you are sore in the pussy about guys like brock lesnar or jake floyd getting paid, go become a household name in some other arena, and then come back to UFC for the big check.

Everyone on earth is paid exactly what they are worth.

In a recent appearance on Steve-O’s “Wild Ride!” podcast, Jones said he has no interest in fighting until he’s paid what he’s worth. But White isn’t budging and suggested that if everyone found out how much Jones has made, they’d think the 205-pound champion been fairly compensated.

“Ask Jon Jones what he’s made,” White said. “Ask Jon Jones how much he’s getting paid. See what he tells you. He won’t tell you what he’s getting paid, because I think the narrative changes a lot when you find out what Jon Jones makes.

“But Jon Jones feels he is underpaid. I’ve said it many times, I think Jon Jones is the GOAT. I think he’s the greatest in the sport, within the last however many ever years and he doesn’t make the money that a Conor and a Khabib make and he doesn’t like that.”

Damn that was an easy google. Maybe if my boy evh took my nuts out of his mouth for 40 seconds he could’ve even found it lmao

That’s fucking nonsense.

1 Like

Jon Jones could have made Connor money, but he chose a life of DUIs and Pico grams.

He was going to be the first Nike UFC athlete, could be the undisputed GOAT without the criminal activity and PED use.

I think despite all that he is still the goat, but its understandable that you are less in demand after a bunch of vacated belts for fuck ups.

How so?

This thread is not about the very few UFC fighters that make decent money (and are probably still underpaid given how few actual draws the UFC has). Hope that helps you to understand the very basic point being made here

It’d be great if they were paid more, but if the fighters complaining about it are unwilling to come together to unionize then they really have nobody to blame other than themselves. And until they step up and do something about it, talking about it year after year after year is a waste of energy.

People are missing the point here.

The issue isn’t fighter pay - although people have their opinions on it - the issue is Dana calling reporters scumbags for leading with the story and questions.

What fighter is honestly going to complain about pay when interviewed by Fox/ESPN/Rogan etc. Dana is always desperate to control the narrative and gets hissy like a hormonal teenager whenever someone pushes against his wishes.

Secretly, Dana would love someone like Ariel on his side. He’s just bitter that he guy doesn’t follow his scripted agenda.

3 Likes

Actually they have Dana and the UFC owners to blame

Hope this helps

Look even a stripper seems to be better at negotiating than some of these fighters. If you don’t like the pay that offered in your contract then don’t sign it and shop somewhere you think you make the cash that your worth. When these guys go on loosing streaks Does UFC lower their pay or do they stick to the contracted amount

1 Like