Dana White: I thought Edgar won

Edgar is a punk that for sure lost that fight. Go to 145 little man. that is where you belong.

Thank GOD he doesn't Judge.

I live Frankie but if Dana really believes that then why not give him immediate rematch?!? Phone Post

Koufax - Edgar is a punk that for sure lost that fight. Go to 145 little man. that is where you belong.

Ban? Phone Post

Dana go home and watch it with the sound off. You will see a different fight. The cage is blocking your view

* And i know he watches a lot of the fights cage side with LCD monitors

I thought it was pretty clear that Bendo won, If you look off of the judging criteria like someone said earlier i think it would look like this.

Effective striking- Bendo clearly landed the harder more damaging shots, while Frankie did land in volume Bendo was still landing at a pretty consistent rate and rocked Frankie 2 times (The upkick and flying knee) Damage done from strikes is clearly in favor of Bendo here.

Effective grappling- This one is close but i believe Bendo still takes this criteria as well. Frankie's takedowns did look good however he rarely followed them up and was never able to take the back of Bendo. Bendo's grappling was more aggressive as he looked for the submission on various occasions and when he got the takedown he looked very powerful and followed up with great GnP. Bendo's grappling game was a little more effective in the fight therefor he gets the nod here too.

Aggression- This was clear cut for Bendo, he pushed the pace and was looking to finish the fight. He came forward and was doing damage without falling into Frankie's game of jab and move and look to win each round. Whoever came close to finishing the fight is the aggressor and Frankie was never close to finishing the fight.

Octagon control- Bendo pushed forward while Frankie used footwork to work around the cage. However Bendo's gameplan and using the Octagon was more effective then Frankie's gameplan and his Octagon control.

It was a great fight but Bendo clearly won and i don't think any immediate rematch is warranted. I think Frankie is given too much crap, he has put on great fights and for being so small he hangs with the 55ers very well. He's in a interesting situation cause recently he has been doing a strength and conditioning program to help him deal with the massive guys he could face and you can tell it's helped him alot. I say give Edgar J-Lau, Gilluard, or Miller/Diaz winner for his next fight after he heals up. Pettis should either fight Melendez or Barboza and the winner of either of those should get the title shot. Sorry but barley beating Stevens and knocking out J-lau does not warrant a title shot he needs one more big win.

I agree with the poster above that Dana is classless in saying this. It is awful to rain on the new champ's parade. Particularly since it was pretty clear that Ben best the shit out of Edgar.

Even if you scored it differently, it was clearly not a rip off by the judges. Dana even admits he didn't give Frankie a win bonus because it wasn't a robbery.

So, then fine. If even he thought is was just a close fight, he should STFU and just congratulate Benson.

The weird thing is that in close fights, Dana usually just blames it on the fighter and says he shouldn't let it go to the judges. He usually only speaks out when he things it was a robbery, which he admits this wasn't. So, it's pretty obvious that Dana has a real bias to Edgar and was letting it cloud his judgment a bit.

Dana thinks Edgar won yet Nick Diaz lost , evev going as far to cite the same criteria in his decision ??? Wtf.... Phone Post

Dana knows Ben won, he's just trying to market a rematch nobody wants to see. Henderson won every round, except maybe the 1st which could go either way.

Outstruck in every round while backing up.

How were you scoring rounds for the guy???

UFC NEEDS Frankie to go to 145.

Why?

Aldo is NO star and needs a name opponent.

Enter the former 155 champ who beat BJ twice.

Aldo vs Edgar.

I just hope Frankie wins that and fucks up their dream of using him as cannon fodder. Phone Post

so sic of point fighting decisions. it should be about fighting to finish and who actually did damage. finally the judges got it right. hopefully this type of judging continues.

RidgeHand - I love Dana but Ben clearly won that fight. Stop adding fuel to the controversy Dana. It was a close fight but the right person won.

why would he?

Who gives a shit what dana thinks? He was most likely staring at his twitter for the majority of the fight while getting play by play from lorenzo. His opinion is worthless!

Neil McCauley - Who gives a shit what dana thinks? He was most likely staring at his twitter for the majority of the fight while getting play by play from lorenzo. His opinion is worthless!

Bendo rightfully won and looked great doing so. Edgar doesn't deserve all this shit benson is a monster in the division and he couldn't finish frankie and he's given us some far from boring fights in the bj and Maynard runs. Good matchmaking for the jap crowd with a lion heart against a monster. Can't wait to see the petis rematch some great fights in this division this year Phone Post

From a promoter's standpoint it would be ideal if Edgar dropped down and challenged Aldo next, rather than being forced to do so after a second loss to Henderson. The immediate rematch concept worked for Shogun, but not so much for BJ Penn or Gray Maynard. It's kind of a knee jerk move. Phone Post

Dayna said Overeem was not to 10

he says that to make controversy =money Phone Post

I thought Aliyama did enough but certainly not Edgar, guy got his as kicked bad. Catching a bunch of kicks in the first round isn't enough for me to think you won. He got stuffed on at least 3/4 of his takedowns and look like he got hit by a truck. Edgar clearly lost, Dana just likes his underdog story every fight so he's biased imo. Phone Post