Daniel Cormier Cheats to Make Weight at UFC 210 We

This has serious implications for the future, lol everyone is going to come in with a towel if this is allowed through. I still want this fight to happen though.

Imagine Conor Mcgregor as the new towel bantamweight champ.

Chris - 
mdrndaysamurai - idk, seems like a stretch.

It's not. You would be surpised how little force you need to push down against to cause a scale show a lower weight.

correct. I had an asian friend back in middle school when they weighed us. He showed me a way to stand with your stomach sucked in that will make you a few pounds lighter and that work. Now pressing slightly on that towel with a 45 degree angle will definitely take some weight off but very littler. If he put hands straight on hed appear 10 pounds lighter and it would be obvious tampering. CC knows what hes doing. I recon hes done it once or twice in that long wrestling career of his.

GrindOnLine - As i wrote in the other thread:

Sounds fishy but in reality Rumble benefits from this so no harm no foul imho.

No make weight no tittle fight
Rumble and the division is fucked.
Guys, guys, guys!!!!
Do you want Rumble to get a shot at the title???
Do you want the division in limbo if Rumble wins?
Shhhhhh..........

Bottom line.  His hands put pressure on the towel.   Try it yourself by putting one finger on something while on the scale.  Pounds gone.  Presto!   Does not take much.  

Its been talked about why a nice guy like DC isn't generally liked.   This doesn't help.  

sunderground -

Bottom line.  His hands put pressure on the towel.   Try it yourself by putting one finger on something while on the scale.  Pounds gone.  Presto!   Does not take much.  

Its been talked about why a nice guy like DC isn't generally liked.   This doesn't help.  

I like DC, he's a slick mofo. Calling out Jon Jones as the good guy, secretly a crafty evil genius.

That's crazy. DC sure yaps at everyone. Look in the mirror buds. 

I'm not gonna complain about this until after the fight so it happens.

It benefits the UFC and the fighters to let it slide

cheesesteak -
Chris - 

It's not. You would be surpised how little force you need to push down against to cause a scale show a lower weight.

correct. I had an asian friend back in middle school when they weighed us. He showed me a way to stand with your stomach sucked in that will make you a few pounds lighter and that work. Now pressing slightly on that towel with a 45 degree angle will definitely take some weight off but very littler. If he put hands straight on hed appear 10 pounds lighter and it would be obvious tampering. CC knows what hes doing. I recon hes done it once or twice in that long wrestling career of his.

I hope you're joking. 

RockTheVote -
cheesesteak -
Chris - 

You're retarded.
And you don't know shit about boxing!

JoseyWales - Jump on a scale and push down with your finger on the dresser or something

Weight goes down

I just tried this. With minimal force (basically just set my fingers on the dresser) the scale dropped 2 lbs. 

The scale would fluctuate all over the place if he was truly resting weight on the towel. Not to mention the guys holding the towel would have to be extremely still to maintain the pressure D.C. Was applying.  

Letsputasmileonthatface -

That's crazy. DC sure yaps at everyone. Look in the mirror buds. 

Look in the mirror at what? I didn't know being noble was what unarmed combat was based around I'm pretty sure winning is the main goal, DC is crafty and gamed the system

I guess it doesn't take much time for the UFC to bribe the NYAC

cheesesteak - 
Chris - 

facepalm

EddiePain420 -

there is no way in hell he lost 1.2 pounds in 2 minutes. i used to cut over 30 lbs to make weight and im telling you at this point of the weigh in DC already pooped and peed everything he had.

there is some real fuckery going on with this.

we all also know there are ways to "trick" the scale, and thats what he did

Yeah, what fool thinks he had any liquid in his bladder at that point? 

I think the trick was let the towel take the weight of the hands and some of the arms. 

Does it matter?

I was going to suggest someone test this out but we all know the people who post on here don't have two friends to hold the towels for them.  

Definitely sneaky if true, and definitely cheating.  Although the guy on the left there doesn't seem to be holding the towel very hard.  He would also be left at the mercy of the official holding the towel to play along otherwise like someone said the weight would bounce around as either of the towel guys moved even a little.

sbud - 

The scale would fluctuate all over the place if he was truly resting weight on the towel. Not to mention the guys holding the towel would have to be extremely still to maintain the pressure D.C. Was applying.  

So what do you think happened? He walked back, hopped on a treadmill waiting there for him and cut 1.2lbs? Vomited 1.2lbs of stomach acid?

I'd say it's obvious what happened. The video clearly shows him pushing down on the towel. We all know he didn't lose 1.2lbs in 90 seconds. It wasn't DCs first time doing that.

Papa_Raptor - Does it matter?

Yea, if everyone can jump on the scale and put significant weight on an object, it matters. What's the point of weight classes then. Every bout would be open weight then, and why not load the gloves while we're at it. I'd love to see this fight go through though.

GrindOnLine - As i wrote in the other thread:

Sounds fishy but in reality Rumble benefits from this so no harm no foul imho.

No make weight no tittle fight
Rumble and the division is fucked.
Pretty sure the title would still be on the line for Rumble, if D.C didn't make weight, but he did.