Daniel Cormier Cheats to Make Weight at UFC 210 We

Chris -
mdrndaysamurai - idk, seems like a stretch.

It's not. You would be surpised how little force you need to push down against to cause a scale show a lower weight.

Agreed brother. Weird shit.

Same way Max Holloway won an interim 145lb title, when his opponent came in weighing 149. They would have stripped D.C, and title would have only been on the line for Johnson.

Lol that was completely fucky.  Reminds of when gsp was weighing in heavy at Montreal. Somehow they made it work. 

No  doubt a pass was given there with DC. No doubt the commission will be greased for this "infraction "

Flonor Maygregor -
Papa_Raptor - Does it matter?

Yea, if everyone can jump on the scale and put significant weight on an object, it matters. What's the point of weight classes then. Every bout would be open weight then, and why not load the gloves while we're at it. I'd love to see this fight go through though.

No it doesn't fucking matter. He weighed in at 206.2 a 1.2 pounds difference, and you're over here telling me what's the point of having weight classes if the Champ doesn't make 205 on the fucking money? How many LHW have weighed in at 206 and nobody gave two shits.

May as well load up the gloves? Lmfao get the fuck out of here.

If the fight would have been scrapped or the belt taken out of the pictures everybody here would have been bitching about USADA, the early weigh-ins cheating us out of another good fight, blah, blah, blah.

Thank you DC for saving this weak ass card by simply resting your hands on a towel.

I know a guy that can drop 3-5lbs by ensuring he exhales 'ALL' the air in his lungs whilst on the scales. 

Most folk can't do this. We can all exhale but typically the heavier particles stay in our lungs. We just remove the lighter particles like CO2, Nitrogen etc...

This guy could exhale the lot. 

Why are they using a bathroom scale instead of a normal full sized scale? NYSAC needs to get it together

sbud -

The scale would fluctuate all over the place if he was truly resting weight on the towel. Not to mention the guys holding the towel would have to be extremely still to maintain the pressure D.C. Was applying.  

I thought about that too. It would be hard to steady the weight so it stayed right at 205. 

Complete joke to allow this to happen.

I don't mind him cheating. I have a problem with the commission and UFC turning a blind eye.

This is the spectacle of cheaters. Cormier's actions are par for the course. But for the UFC and for the NYSAC to allow it, not only allow, but to enable it? This thing is a complete joke.

These types of things would be exactly why I refuse to give these guys my money.

Chris -

Unbelievable. I can't believe the commission missed it. It's blatantly obvious. DC is clearly exerting downward pressure on the towel. It doesn't take much to take weight off the scale.

If you had a finger tip on a table next to the scale, it could show 40 lbs. lighter than you are pretty easily.

You know way more than the commission.

#towelgate for sure

Guys are pinching the corners of the towell

if he was pushing hard. It would have dropped

FrontBroRian -
sbud - 

The scale would fluctuate all over the place if he was truly resting weight on the towel. Not to mention the guys holding the towel would have to be extremely still to maintain the pressure D.C. Was applying.  

So what do you think happened? He walked back, hopped on a treadmill waiting there for him and cut 1.2lbs? Vomited 1.2lbs of stomach acid?

I'd say it's obvious what happened. The video clearly shows him pushing down on the towel. We all know he didn't lose 1.2lbs in 90 seconds. It wasn't DCs first time doing that.

Someone could have adjusted the scale and DC could have just had his hands on the towel to peek over and see the weight. Maybe Rumble coming in 1.2 lbs under because of someone messing with the scale has some merit to it. 

SinCityHustler - I don't mind him cheating. I have a problem with the commission and UFC turning a blind eye.

This is the spectacle of cheaters. Cormier's actions are par for the course. But for the UFC and for the NYSAC to allow it, not only allow, but to enable it? This thing is a complete joke.

These types of things would be exactly why I refuse to give these guys my money.
This post nails it.

Kudos to Dan.

But what kind of circus shit show is the UFC running here? Damn this is regional level shenanigans.

BravoPUA - 

Exerting 1 lb of force would feel like nothing

BravoPUA - 

1.2lbs of pressure. Between 2 guys. So .6lbs of pressure each. Think of holding 1/2 lb of turkey from the grocery store in your hand, or a small bottle of water. That's how much pressure is needed to get down 1.2lbs

SinCityHustler - I don't mind him cheating. I have a problem with the commission and UFC turning a blind eye.

This nails it... money,money,money !!! Shame on DC too.... anybody who has ever cut weight in wrestling knows how to play the game. Shame on the UFC and NY commission for turning a blind eye when it comes to money, again !!!!

SinCityHustler - I don't mind him cheating. I have a problem with the commission and UFC turning a blind eye.

Boom

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SickEye - 
FrontBroRian -
sbud - 

So what do you think happened? He walked back, hopped on a treadmill waiting there for him and cut 1.2lbs? Vomited 1.2lbs of stomach acid?

I'd say it's obvious what happened. The video clearly shows him pushing down on the towel. We all know he didn't lose 1.2lbs in 90 seconds. It wasn't DCs first time doing that.

Someone could have adjusted the scale and DC could have just had his hands on the towel to peek over and see the weight. Maybe Rumble coming in 1.2 lbs under because of someone messing with the scale has some merit to it. 

Typically in order to adjust a scale you either have to go and shift the dial on the bottom or go into it electronically. I'm sure there'd be video evidence if someone would have went and messed with the scale in the 120 seconds between weigh ins.

And again, watch the video. You can see him pushing down. It's 100% obvious

Papa_Raptor - 
Flonor Maygregor -
Papa_Raptor - Does it matter?

Yea, if everyone can jump on the scale and put significant weight on an object, it matters. What's the point of weight classes then. Every bout would be open weight then, and why not load the gloves while we're at it. I'd love to see this fight go through though.

No it doesn't fucking matter. He weighed in at 206.2 a 1.2 pounds difference, and you're over here telling me what's the point of having weight classes if the Champ doesn't make 205 on the fucking money? How many LHW have weighed in at 206 and nobody gave two shits.

May as well load up the gloves? Lmfao get the fuck out of here.

If the fight would have been scrapped or the belt taken out of the pictures everybody here would have been bitching about USADA, the early weigh-ins cheating us out of another good fight, blah, blah, blah.

Thank you DC for saving this weak ass card by simply resting your hands on a towel.

Think of the precedent this sets it's ok to put weight on an object while you're on the scale. I want the fight to happen too but think about the sport for a second.