DC asked who the G.O.A.T. is?

ShanTheMan -

![](upload://zu9eFPSz4W0J22wOdQzJGUezbA9.gif)

God I love that dude!  He could legit sell me a 2020 planner rn.

TheAmazon -

It seems like DC never wants to mention GSP in the GOAT discussion.. hes been asked several times and has always said himself, cain, DJ, khabib, anderson, yet never has mentioned GSP. Wonder why

GSP used to beat the fuck out of those AKA dudes lol

If not for him Kos and Fitch are both probably champions.

Acidic - 
wiggum -
Bobby Lupo - 

Jones-GSP-Fedor-Anderson is the answer. Any of those guys, but not Mighty Mouse. 

My gut tells me that your top 4 list is right.

But, my brain has trouble explaining why Aldo isn’t on the list. He has the reign; he has the quality of opposition (beating Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes twice is incredibly impressive); and the highlight reel.

IMO:

Tier 1: Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor

Tier 1b: Aldo

Tier 2: Mighty Mouse

Tier 3: Greats such as Cormier.

I can’t agree with this. Most logical looking goat list. Tiers make sensw

I like this a lot. I actually felt wrong for not including Aldo in that list. His run of dominance was as good anyone's. I'm still sore from losing a lot of cash on Aldo-McGregor and then watching him beat Frankie up. 

Johnson is a brilliant martial artist, every bit as good on paper as GSP, but I don't think he's beaten the level of opposition as the top 5. He doesn't have the huge wins that the other guys do. It's not his fault that his division is shallow and he was so dominant at his peak, but he didn't dethrone an 'unbeatable' champion or crush a legend. He got a gift draw against McCall and then beat some pretty good fighters and a great one in Cejudo.

I have Sakuraba, Cormier, Noguiera, DJ, McGregor and Werdum in tier 2, maybe even JDS.