DC is terrible at UFC commentary

DC is an epic champion, Seems like a great guy, If I had a child in wrestling, I would love for him to be the coach.

But man it is hard to sit through his UFC commentary for an entire UFC.

Anik isn’t bad as the corperate guy “This UFC is brought to you by PRIME energy drink” type shit and is way better than Goldberg ever was. Joe Rogan can be hit or miss for me, but he is a legend.

Domick Cruz always provided the best commentary IMO.

DC is always either just stating the most obvious stuff possible, jockriding wrestling, AKA and Dagistan, encouraging fighters to stall during fights or pushing some dumb narrative.

I wish there were multiple commentary options like default Joe/DC, they have the Spanish one, and I wish they had like a techical one with Dom Cruz and someone else.

Less yelling and dumb narrative pushing, more techical breakdown and calling the action.

11 Likes

DC has never bothered me. Just feels like you’re watching the fight with a friend that’s talking lol

7 Likes

Agree with Viking
I dint mind him at all

2 Likes

He is terrible and sounds like he always drunk or its just from punches to the head

9 Likes

Anik is a shill too. During their post PPV interview with O’Malley… Anik told him he’s proud of everything he’s accomplished and done so far lol.

6 Likes

DC is there for ‘diversity’. Let’s be thankful it’s not someone harder to understand like Din Thomas.
DC also stays 100 % on the UFC narrative.

3 Likes

What makes a good commentator?

YEAH HE IS

Adderall and a gambling addiction, apparently.

4 Likes

He’s a goofy stuttering fool and he hasn’t improved at all since he started

3 Likes

Din is a much better analyst and speaker

6 Likes

Aside from being biased, DC almost seems jealous. “That was a lucky takedown. That wouldn’t have worked on a good counterstriker. Oh he should have done X and he’d have won.”

He could replace that with “wow what a wild throw, don’t see that often. Nice cross that landed. A couple small mistakes may have cost him the fight.”

Even if what he says is right, he says it in a way to make him look/feel superior to the guys who are still competing. That’s not his job. He should give good commentary and build the current crop of guys up and get viewers excited for them, not try to make it look like he’s still the champ and knows better than them.

3 Likes

DC is definitely biased and it comes through in his commentary. Let’s face it we all have biases but to be a commentator one has to appear as objective. DC has not been able to do this.

I much prefer Dominick Cruz and I wouldn’t say Bisping is better that DC but he’s a lot more entertaining and funny. Paul Felder is prob my least favorite

4 Likes

Din is NOT a good speaker. He’s a great mind and analyst…,

You can be good at fight analysis, but have a terrible voice for broadcasting.

A color commentator needs to speak clearly and be understood. Not mumble like he has marbles in his mouth

Din’s southern ebonic accent is very thick, and he’s not a good orator… which is a shame because he’s a better analyst technically but sounds likes a crack dealer.

Joe Rogan & Mike Goldberg are the GOAT duo

Followed by Mauro Ranallo & Gus Johnson in Strikeforce

Bisping is horrible. Cruz is ok. DC is ok. Paul Felder is good

2 Likes

They need to stop having former fighters do commentating. Just cause they know the sport doesn’t mean they have the showmanship to do this job

2 Likes

Cruz is horrible. Fight could have moved on amd changed but he will still be arguing some minute detail from two mins prior.

1 Like

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

1 Like

I hated him I thought he was the worst

3 Likes

That’s NASTY, OP! This thread will not pay dividends.