DC perturbed by Aljo Sterling getting massive boos in New Jersey

Sterling and O’Malley would be beat up by two random dudes from a crowd? I’m not following.

Plenty of guys now back it up. Dude is a world champion. He doesn’t need to decapitate people or violently finish people. Also his trash talk is pretty mild compared to any old school fighter.

Edit: your “backing it up” argument is very weak. These dudes are actual pro fighters that beat people up for a living. If anyone on earth is allowed to talk trash, it’s fighters. The baddest dudes on earth. What you’re saying is illogical.

1 Like

Respect his fighting career but his post career in broadcasting is bordering on ruining his legacy as a fighter. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s why I’m saying. The skill of both has been overblown to hysterical proportions.

And I don’t need to respect him.

Some of us on here have been training since the 90s. We’re not impressed by every guy in the UFC trying to act hard.

I love his commentary, but Im probably biased. He makes it happy and is great at breaking the wrestling exchanges down.

2 Likes

You sound like a try hard here, nobody said I was “impressed by every guy in the UFC trying to act hard”.

Nobody cares if you’ve trained since the 90s. These are professional fighters at the highest level of the sport.

Your argument makes no sense. If anyone is trying to act hard, it’s you. “These guys aren’t tough!”

Please. It sounds like you’re having trouble accepting that fighters talk trash. This been completely normal since combat sports existed, but for some reason you haven’t realized it yet.

“Try hard?” Are you twelve?

And if they’re the highest level of the sport…just LOL. Might as well switch to tennis.

You’ve heard a twelve year old say “try hard”? Nice try buddy, I’m not offended.

Now I get your angle. You’re a guy who has trained before and have either competed or wanted to compete, but never could for whatever reason. You are/were concerned about being viewed as inferior by others due to this.

On top of that, you’re bitter about how your life turned out so you still want everyone to know how tough you are so you come onto an MMA forum and project your insecurities on the posters here thinking people will be impressed or bow down to you.

That doesn’t work for me so if you have a valid logical argument against top fighters (or any fighter) trash talking, this is a waste of time.

LOL I should have known better than to engage with a known troll.

Carry on.

Most of you are retards then. Guy hasn’t lost in 5 years, not his fault scumbag Yan threw an illegal knee.

4 Likes

This did wonders for Mayweather’s wallet…

1 Like

Facts!
And he beat Yan in the rematch.

2 Likes

But how is Cejudo likeable? I hate him almost as much as Conor.

In fact, I’d say he is pretty damn good in breakdowns for all aspect of fights. But we can all see he is a lazy ass. When it comes to breakdowns, it’s from years and years of previous work. All the other stuff he wings it and has no such base to rely on.

3 Likes

Not only that but he’s beating good fighters. I honestly feel Sean is a step down in the competition he’s been facing. Sean is good but he’s not legendary like TJ and Cejudo and somewhat Yan. I know OMalley beat Yan but nobody thought that was gonna be the case and a lot of people still don’t.

Anyway

Its not his fault Yan threw the knee. It’s not his fault the belt goes to him on a DQ. It’s not his fault TJ was injured.

He shows up and at the end of the fight, his hand gets raised. He does his job and he does it within the rules.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game he exploits.

If the rules didn’t allow it, he wouldn’t be champ.

1 Like

I fully agree.

I think Sean is a step up in the striking department (since TJ was injured) and a step down everywhere else, but at this point Aljo has wins over three former champs in his last three fights. As well as a dominant win over Sandhagen.

1 Like

So he subs sandhagen, gets the belt from Yan but he doesn’t deserve it because Yan cheated, beats Yan again but not the way everyone wanted, beats TJ but it doesn’t count because he was injured, and gets booed in his hometown because he beat an Olympic gold medalist and two division UFC champ.

I get he’s isn’t the most likeable dude but wtf

2 Likes

Wonder what it could be lol

I remember when Rashad was cocky and cringe. Jones was fake. DJ was boring. Woodley was racist and cringe. Usman was fake.

It’s always the same shit.

3 Likes

Izzy just point fights.
Nganou is a moron who left because hes afraid of Jones
Lol

2 Likes

Leon is afraid of Colby

1 Like

I like Aljo and I think the boos fuel him