DC Questions the Decision to Proceed with Jon Jones vs. Stipe

4 Likes

UFC commentator Daniel Cormier has questioned the UFC’s decision to proceed with booking Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic.

As a lot of fight fans will know, the Ultimate Fighting Championship wants to make Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic happen. In fact, Jon Jones probably wants it to happen more so than the promotion does.

He’s made it crystal clear that he’d rather fight Miocic than interim heavyweight champion Tom Aspinall. When you consider that Jon is the current full heavyweight champion, it raises a few eyebrows regarding his decision to pursue Miocic instead.

Cormier questions Jones/Miocic

“The toughest fight and the most meaningful fight in all of fighting right now is Jon Jones-Tom Aspinall. I don’t even know at this point if it should be Jon Jones and Stipe Miocic, and I like Stipe,” Cormier said. “Stipe’s a great guy, but at that age, with that much time off — look, I fought until I was 41 and I was relatively active before I had back surgery. I fought three times in 2018 when I was 39 years old because I was healthy.

“To go that long without a fight, and the last fight being a brutal knockout, into a title fight with a guy like Jones? I don’t know,” Cormier continued. “I don’t know what Stipe looks like today. For four years, he’s lived the life of a normal person. Sure, he might go to the gym and train, but Ben, because you’re in there wrestling with those kids every day, does that make you a competitive wrestler still? It doesn’t. Can Stipe still compete at that level, is the question.”

4 Likes

Stipe looks pretty good in those GovX commericals whete he is bulkying his mustachioed fire capt.

1 Like

Nobody cares about aspinal let him fight someone else.

Stipe has the most defences of all time at HW. Let them bang.

8 Likes

Fuck DC. I want to know what his cousins and nephews think.

1 Like

I care more about a fighter in his prime with a belt than a 42 year old on a 4 year layoff who got knocked out the last time he fought. There’s no point to this fight other than to allow jones to add a notch to his belt.

13 Likes

It’s not a gimme fight for Jon though.

2 Likes

Shut the fuck up DC.

Hi Jon!

4 Likes

Good one Captain Original! I’m pretty sure 90% + of the earths population wants DC to just shut the fuck up.

2 Likes

Floppy, how does Jon walk through Stipe?

A day ago DC said JBJ was smart to fight Stipe instead of Tom

Now he’s crying about it

3 Likes

Yes, this dork saying the opposite less than 72 hrs ago

1 Like

Please inform me on something

When JJ had issues with the drug collector and was charged criminally

• did he actually submit a sample to her?

What was the punishment for his actions from the promotion?

Before we talk about JJ fighting again, those 2 questions need to be answered

6 Likes

Yes he gave them his samples. No there were no repercussions. It was never proven he did anything wrong

3 Likes

1 Like

As usual, no repercussions and everything gets swept under the rug.

4 Likes

Its a ridiculous match up and the reason they are making it anyway is obvious.

Theres a reason that on every site Stipe is ranked outside the top ten, except the UFC’s website where they’ve snuck him in at #5.

Anyone trying to justify it drank too much of the kool-aid.

5 Likes

Teep the knees, poke the eyes, clinch, trip, elbows, he dead.

There Ya Go Fox Tv GIF by AniDom

6 Likes

I don’t think that’s how it works…

Are you talking about him being on probation? Cause you can’t be charged criminally for not giving piss to an AC.