De la Hoya vs Vitor

The Dude GIF by memecandy

Well you can argue that Vitor is a chain puncher and not as good of an actual boxer as Anderson. He also folds under pressure, Anderson has shown that even under pressure he is still dangerous.

Anderson won

1 Like

you guys watch SIlva and Julio Cesar Chaves? Solidā€¦

1 Like

good fight no shitty triller style.

Itā€™s always about how Vitor will be juiced up. Why does nobody ever consider that Oscar can use steroids too?

So Vitor is on the venom like Bane from Batman. You guys are funny.

Itā€™s actually a possibility that vitor could take this. I think Oscar may be a little overconfident.

Anyone else find it humorous that Vitor is scheduled to box TRT?

1 Like

Well played sir. Took me a second to get it. Lol

Vitor is still active & fit, while DLH has been partying & being a businessman, for years.

Thatā€™s just one factor, of course, but itā€™s significant.

Genetic hyper-responders to PEDs do exist, according to some bodybuilding channel I follow. In MMA, Vitorā€™s got to be the best example.

Tyson partying out of shape longer than DLH , but he can come back and beat RJJ, but Oscar cant the same against a non boxer? You guys chamge the rules for whoever you want to win. I think Oscar will be motivated to make this money knowing a win over Vitor leads to bigger opportunities. We will see though.

If you told me a week ago that Oscar was coming back to fight Chavez Jr, I would have picked Chavez Jr to win. Does Anderson beat Vitor in a boxing match?

I have a hard time picking any 48 year old boxer to beat an MMA guy that has 30 or so pounds on him that can actually box.

Mir fought a HWT boxer, and was the older guy. Conor was younger than Floyd, but Floyd was a world champion at 154. He wasnā€™t a big 154 pounder, but he beat top guys at that weightā€¦so itā€™s not like Conor had this HUGE size advantage that Floyd hadnā€™t seen before. We havenā€™t seen many of these freak show fights where the MMA guy was bigger and younger.

I have no clue how this plays out, but the 2 minute rounds favor Vitor, DLH is 48 years old, and Vitor is going to be easily 30 pounds biggerā€¦and weā€™re talking a SOLID 30 pounds. Weā€™re not talking about how Mir was biggerā€¦Vitor will be 30 pounds bigger with veins and abs.

Iā€™m taking the younger bigger TRT user over the older smaller coke user

Can actually box? Based on what?

What you wrote is true but Vitor is also 4 years younger, and hasnā€™t spent the last so many years abusing cocaine and other party drugs. Plus weight classes exist for a reason, boxing included. Vitor will have a distinct size advantage which should matter, especially later in the fight.

Having amateur boxing experience, as well as a pro boxing bout. My comment wasnā€™t necessarily to pump up Vitorā€™s experienceā€¦basically pointing out heā€™s not a grappler with shit boxing. Other MMA guys who taken boxing matches recently were Askren and Woodley, as well as Anderson Silva. Vitor is clearly closer to Anderson than he is Woodley.

2 Likes

Oscar was a world champion while using cocaine so not sure why that suddenly is some kind of weakness that everyone leans on? Jon Jones, Mike Tyson and many other fighters have done just fine while regularly using blow. Itā€™s no big deal if he cuts back and is training seriously. He has had months to prepare and still has more. Not like hea getting Iā€™m the ring drunk at that last event he was drunk at. 4 years age difference? Not a big deal. 30lb weight difference is a legit point but you guys keep dismissing the skill differential. Itā€™s not just boxer vs mma fighter. DLH is the best Mexican boxer ever. He was one of the best in the world. Meanwhile Vitor has 1 round of boxing against a guy who has never fought except for that 1 round. It blows my mind that people really believe Vitor can beat an all time great like DLH.

Fixed it for you.