deadlift form

First of all when you get the technic down and start pulling seriousy don´t train too often or hard. The deadlift is most wearing exercise.

Don´t pull your shoulders together, this way you can start the pull from higher

Do not round your lower back, protects your back, keeps the bar going too much forward

Fill your diaphragm with air, it helps to support your back.

Pull up and back, must not be too close to the bar or this is difficult.

Enough distance between your shins and the bar, this way it´s easier to keep your shoulder line behind the bar. If your bodytype is tall and lean you can get away with keeping the bar near you shins

Pull singles. Reset your position everytime.

read Dave Tate´s articles about the dl and lifting as whole

Haven't deadlifted in a while, but my numbers were 315lbs for 4, weighing at 177lbs. Nothing to write home about.

My grip failed at 4, so it's really hard to say where my max is.

I messed up my back doing some machine bull-riding a few months back, so my doctor doesn't want me doing deadlifts until it's in tip-top shape again. Sucks, because it's my favorite lift.

Personally, I don't go for more than 5 reps on this exercise. It can really fry your entire system if you're not careful. I got all types of infections when I was deadlifting, because I didn't supplement properly.

what do you mean by singles? Whats the interval between repetition?

Also is it normal to feel your abdominals strongly in the movement or is this a bad sign.

I think by singles he means single reps.

You're supposed to feel your abs, because it stabilizes your entire core (back, abs, etc.) during the exercise. Really crucial to do.

what do you mean by singles? Whats the interval between repetition?

As 4 ranges mentioned a single is a single repetition.

Interval between reps, depends. People like Wiggy and Louie Simmons would say to limit your time between singles to more than 1 or 2 minutes (and possibly as low as 30 seconds). Training in this manner is similar to interval training and will have a positive impact on general physical conditioning.

lol - i got you meant single reps but I assume you are not talking about doing one rep a week

People like Wiggy and Louie Simmons would say to limit your time between singles to more than 1 or 2 minutes (and possibly as low as 30 seconds).

Thanks for the interval advice, thats what I was looking for.

Whats the benefit of the long interval - to save your back from busting? For some reason I always 'grouped' it with the squat range i.e. 12-20 repetitions per set.

Whats the benefit of the long interval - to save your back from busting?

I've heard some arguments that a long rest period between sets allows for a more complete recovery, which is true....but in practice people wait to long, until they have actually started to cool down.

For some reason I always 'grouped' it with the squat range i.e. 12-20 repetitions per set.

Most people don't advocate high reps with deadlifts. It tends to lead to bouncing the weight off the floor and yanking it up which is a bit dangerous and not exactly deadlifting. Plus grip issues tend to become a factor.

2x bodyweight deadlift? The most I've done so far was 130 lbs for 5 reps but I am sure that I could do more if I wanted.

Whats the benefit of the long interval - to save your back from busting?

I've heard some arguments that a long rest period between sets allows for a more complete recovery, which is true....but in practice people wait to long, until they have actually started to cool down.

With deadlifts, some advocate treating each rep as a single in order to reset your grip and ensure that you start with your back in a neutral position.  Sometimes form can break down if you don't pause between reps and injuries can be encountered for this reason. 

I follow this philosophy, but I do sets of 3-5 reps (treating each rep as a 'single' from a continuity standpoint, only taking enough time to reset grip and check form). 

Incidentally, I don't believe in routinely doing TRUE singles with max or near-max weight unless training for a competition.  This is a serious lift with great potential for harm if done improperly, and max singles don't have a great deal of carryover to real-world events such as grappling.  With that being said, it is fun to occasionally 'test your might' on the deadlift, and it is a good test of strength with a much lower learning curve than the olympic lifts and perhaps more practicality than the bench press.

I think Paw mean "no more than 1 or 2 minutes" between reps.