Dear Floyd.....what happens if....

LOL @ crying about getting kicked in the legs.

jpm995 - 
Cryptic - 
D0N Johnson - 
sak-fu - How can MMA'ers dodge a punch thrown by one of the fastest if not the fastest boxer right now if elite boxers who train in said art can't even see the punch coming? This is in 8 oz gloves too. Just sayin.

Floyd is a counter-puncher. His style is terrible for MMA.

He basically sits on the outside and picks his potshots against the aggression of his opponents.

If a solid thai fighter were to fight him. Floyd would have no range to fire any shot.

Don't refer to Tim Sylvia and Bob Sapp please. The UFC and K-1 Heavyweights have always been a fucking joke.

K-1 Max for example has solid talent. Any of those regulars would put Floyd out.

This is so true, I mean do any of you guys actually watch Floyd fight? An aggresive power puncher like Manny Pacquiao or brawler like Ricardo Mayorga would translate much better into MMA. Floyd wouldn't even win in the stand up exchanges with an elite kickboxer/thai fighter and we all know a grappler could probably KO with a hard takedown or ground n pound.

I think your wrong on this. An agressive boxer will get taken down easily. A counterpuncher with any kind of sprawl and great footwork is much more effective. Chuck Liddel is a hall of fame striker with limited boxing skills thats hard to take down thats lived on counterpunching. If Floyd could avoid the clinch and takedown [which i doubt he could] he would murder any mma fighter.

Chuck Liddell is also a D1 level wrestler.

Floyd isn't.

So when the threat of a take-down isn't there. A fighter with good legkicks would just dance around on the outside and legkick floyd into oblivion.

spittingintothewind - 
Justinmacd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQ3Jl6ntW8

End of thread.

Wow that was fucking pathetic by Berbick.

I'd never seen that before. Anybody know the backstory?

D0N Johnson - 
jpm995 - 
Cryptic - 
D0N Johnson - 
sak-fu - How can MMA'ers dodge a punch thrown by one of the fastest if not the fastest boxer right now if elite boxers who train in said art can't even see the punch coming? This is in 8 oz gloves too. Just sayin.

He basically sits on the outside and picks his potshots against the aggression of his opponents.

If a solid thai fighter were to fight him. Floyd would have no range to fire any shot.

Don't refer to Tim Sylvia and Bob Sapp please. The UFC and K-1 Heavyweights have always been a fucking joke.

K-1 Max for example has solid talent. Any of those regulars would put Floyd out.

This is so true, I mean do any of you guys actually watch Floyd fight? An aggresive power puncher like Manny Pacquiao or brawler like Ricardo Mayorga would translate much better into MMA. Floyd wouldn't even win in the stand up exchanges with an elite kickboxer/thai fighter and we all know a grappler could probably KO with a hard takedown or ground n pound.

I think your wrong on this. An agressive boxer will get taken down easily. A counterpuncher with any kind of sprawl and great footwork is much more effective. Chuck Liddel is a hall of fame striker with limited boxing skills thats hard to take down thats lived on counterpunching. If Floyd could avoid the clinch and takedown [which i doubt he could] he would murder any mma fighter.

Floyd isn't.

So when the threat of a take-down isn't there. A fighter with good legkicks would just dance around on the outside and legkick floyd into oblivion.

Chuck got OWNED as soon as people started to throw overhand rights and left hooks. He left his hands down and paid for it because his boxing SUCKS. Yes, I said it. Striking is good but his boxing is horrible.

Floyd would mess most of mma'ers up. Period. They wouldn't know what to do. Timing, distance, footwork, head movement, speed...all of which are severely lacking in mma.

It's very obvious that a lot of people on here have never boxed against anyone who is actually good.

"It's very obvious that a lot of people on here have never boxed against anyone who is actually good."

Actually its more obvious that there are a number of guys who boxed when they were young and are letting that cloud their judgement

Not to mention what would boxing someone under his rules prove about his abilities to fight under LESS rules?

^ apparently that is evident lol^

FSMA - 
D0N Johnson - 

Floyd isn't.

Chuck got OWNED as soon as people started to throw overhand rights and left hooks. He left his hands down and paid for it because his boxing SUCKS. Yes, I said it. Striking is good but his boxing is horrible.

Floyd would mess most of mma'ers up. Period. They wouldn't know what to do. Timing, distance, footwork, head movement, speed...all of which are severely lacking in mma.

It's very obvious that a lot of people on here have never boxed against anyone who is actually good.

I'm not arguing that Chuck is a good stand-up artist.

I'm just saying his counter-punching works well because he's also a d-1 level wrestler with better stand-up than the grapplers he's fought.

That is a single case scenerio.

Has nothing to do with the big picture.

The big picture is if Floyd were to fight stand-up against a good kickboxer like Masato, Yod or Buakaw. He will get chopped down. period.

He doesn't know how to take a legkick from a conditioned shin.

They don't even need punches. or the clinch. or high kicks. mid-section kicks. arm kicks. JUST LEG KICKS.

Floyd gets dropped in the 2nd with a cracked femur.

I would love to see Floyd actually checking one of Yod or Buakaw's legkicks.

Oh man.

The Sultan - 
nate787 - 
The Sultan -  I like how Floyd is supposed to be "The Man" but has to take on a guy who is naturally 10 lbs lighter than him.

6 championships in 5 different weight classes. He's fought plenty of guys bigger than him.
you mean, the weight classes separated by a pound or two?

Yeah, because we all know that everyone fights at their natural weight, don't they?

CRE - Samkor would break Floyd's hand/arm if he tried to check one of his kicks with his arms

In fact Samkor would end him in less than 5 minutes

yes Cre.

Please do Muay Thai some justice and post the living legendary man's HL.

nate787 - 
The Sultan - 
nate787 - 
The Sultan -  I like how Floyd is supposed to be "The Man" but has to take on a guy who is naturally 10 lbs lighter than him.

6 championships in 5 different weight classes. He's fought plenty of guys bigger than him.
you mean, the weight classes separated by a pound or two?

Yeah, because we all know that everyone fights at their natural weight, don't they?
Normally, I wouldn't be giving PBF a hard time, but I think he's talking way too much lately.  I'd like to see him get KO'd in all honesty.

When someone talks that much they draw in scrutiny.  Name of the game.

And the matches I've watched with Floyd make me happy I didn't spend the 50 bucks to watch it.

"It's very obvious that a lot of people on here have never boxed against anyone who is actually good."

I've trained with some pretty good boxers (several golden glove champs) and they all respect MMA and kickboxing.  It's when guys try to talk about how good they are and their sport is, that draws intense scrutiny.

timing, speed is great and all, but when you factor in everything else, all that stuff slows right the hell down. Boxers do not like getting their legs kicked.

And you have to be pretty short sighted to think an experienced kickboxer does not know how to avoid damage in a striking match.

Floyd is lucky he is in boxing and not in the ufc. If he was in the ufc and magarito,mosely and pacman were all ranked and in his division,then he would probably have to fight them all back to back. In boxing he can pick and choose,duck and dive certain fighters,even wait out until they get old before he fights them.

EMBED-The most non-professional boxer!! - Watch more free videos

Diego stole my name - "It's very obvious that a lot of people on here have never boxed against anyone who is actually good."

Actually its more obvious that there are a number of guys who boxed when they were young and are letting that cloud their judgement

Not to mention what would boxing someone under his rules prove about his abilities to fight under LESS rules?
+1

Buakaws a 155er... PBF is 135 - 147... moot point

buakaw could cut weight.

Samkor is in Mayweather's weight class.

the best part about Samkor is he just throws the same kick over and over. you know it's coming. and you're going to block it. but it's still going to damage you

I'm sure Floyd would do just fine dealing with these leg kicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUU8cfFPgAo

FSMA - 
D0N Johnson - 
jpm995 - 
Cryptic - 
D0N Johnson - 

Floyd isn't.

all that timing distance floyd is good at is in boxing and not mma. MMA standup is not boxing standup, how long will it take you to figure that out?