Denny Prokopos 10P SF Rescinds Black Belt

https://jiujitsutimes.com/elia-yuriditsky-tells-story-black-belt-revoked-eddie-bravo-denny-prokopos/

Cliff Notes:  Long time relationship between Denny P and a student had began going south for a while.  Student helped ex-student of Denny's (Travis Magalit) prepare for a F2W match against Marvin Castelle from 10P.  Denny got pissed and no longer recognizes his black belt.  

Dramaaaa

Holy shit sounds like Denny is a freakin kook.  

Does that mean that his skill will deplete also?

Exactly the type of environment I would love to train in…

Very well written.  He came off well.  Better off training in a Gi with Darren.  

That's NOT the whole story...

MY best friend trains there. Truth is, the guy did something REALLY bad no one wants to discuss openly.

But, screw it... I'll spill the beans: Fact is, the guy became a round-earther. He went full globe-tard. Not just that but he was talking sh!t about the ice walls and citing NASA as a legit source in arguments about space. Very disrespectful stuff.

shen -

That's NOT the whole story...

MY best friend trains there. Truth is, the guy did something REALLY bad no one want s to discuss openly.

But, screw it... I'll spill the beans: Fact is, the guy became a round-earther. He went full globe-tard. Not just that but he was talking sh!t about the ice walls and citing NASA as a legit source in arguments about space. Very disrespectful stuff.

This is the exact type of shit that people shouldn't be spewing on message boards so openly. Really, really hope this isn't true.

^

As I heard it, the dude was OPENLY  --in class in front of kids & parents--  doubting the veracity of the moon landing hoax!

Think what you want, but don't say that sh!t in front of kids.

Even more ominous, the kook reportedly referred to smoke serpent as "noise pollution".

lol you can't recind a rank.  Kick a person out sure, but you can't take away a damn rank that is earned.

JoejitsuMD -

Holy shit sounds like Denny is a freakin kook.  

I agree he doesn’t come off great and a lot of respected people are backing up the guy but I will reserve judgment until Denny officially responds.  Three sides to every story

He can have the black belt back when he can find a way to pry it from his gi-less body.

Denny seems like a major asshole 

I believe you every belt you give you cant ungive

you can disassociate yourself from someone. But that’s why sometimes it is about more than skill. I would never want my name to be brought up in a scandal so I am careful all around. Once someone is blackbelt they are able to do what they deem acceptable and your name can be brought along with them.

Denny is an idiot

Denny is a follower and not a leader. His academy will close down and he will not even be a second thought. I hope Eddie Bravo pulls in the reigns and has a talk with him about being a dumbass. 

You can’t take back rank.  

This drama is beneath him. He is a lawyer working at a good firm and doesn't want his hobby to harm his professional career.  Denny sounds like a fuckin douche. 

There have been stories of belt demotions through the years. Controversial, but the reasons given were that the person being demoted demonstrated poor character etc. Made sense. This seems petty.

BJJ Joe -

Denny is a follower and not a leader. His academy will close down and he will not even be a second thought. I hope Eddie Bravo pulls in the reigns and has a talk with him about being a dumbass. 

I always think back to that video from many years ago where Joe Rogan is talking on a webcam and Denny pops in the video excited to show Joe he just got his fraudulent “medical” MJ card.  He was just a dumbass impressionable kid and it really bothered me to see people coming in to learn BJJ and at the same time end up getting influenced into a drug lifestyle.  Clearly from the article above he hasn’t learned to stay free from addiction and it appears it is ruining his professional life.  Sad to see.