Denny Prokopos 10P SF Rescinds Black Belt

things to see people to do -
kennyfrommd -

Dude is falling apart on social media. Can't even type coherently. Lots of second hand embarrassment. You can look in his eyes and tell he's not quite all there. Don't understand the delusion that these guys get suckered into that leads to the level of self-importance they project. Congrats man, you beat Joel Tudor once. 

What's happening on social media? 

Incoherent babbling shit talk directed towards Gordon, frequent and erratic posts, a bunch of self promotion over some kind of weed stuff with his face on the label, and of course grammatical genocide and spelling errors galore. Pretty strong indication of either a manic period or speed.

pbody -

He was calling out Gordan Ryan, and got embarrassed by Ryan and Jake Shields.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfcR8hqhHEv/

lol! that's fuckin awesome 

kennyfrommd -
things to see people to do -
kennyfrommd -

Dude is falling apart on social media. Can't even type coherently. Lots of second hand embarrassment. You can look in his eyes and tell he's not quite all there. Don't understand the delusion that these guys get suckered into that leads to the level of self-importance they project. Congrats man, you beat Joel Tudor once. 

What's happening on social media? 

Incoherent babbling shit talk directed towards Gordon, frequent and erratic posts, a bunch of self promotion over some kind of weed stuff with his face on the label, and of course grammatical genocide and spelling errors galore. Pretty strong indication of either a manic period or speed.

Wow! I legit had the same assessment. Seems like a manic episode because the posts are totally erratic 

Denny calling out Gordon Ryan was destined to not play well

BTW, are 10th Planet BBs IBJJF recognized...?

I mean, is there such a thing as a "no-gi" BJJ blackbelt according tto the IBJJF?

Obviously, the IBJJF has no-gi tournaments, but do they recognize purely no-gi belt rank, or do they jusrt recognize years of experience (Beg, Int & Adv divisions)....?

shen - 

BTW, are 10th Planet BBs IBJJF recognized...?

I mean, is there such a thing as a "no-gi" BJJ blackbelt according tto the IBJJF?

Obviously, the IBJJF has no-gi tournaments, but do they recognize purely no-gi belt rank, or do they jusrt recognize years of experience (Beg, Int & Adv divisions)....?

From what I understand, Eddie signs off on all rankings and because he is recognized, all of his students will be recognized.  So even though Denny has never trained in a Gi, he is recognized as a Black belt because Eddie signs off on him.  Theoretically, Denny could get his 2nd/3rd rank and start signing off his own students to black even though they never train in a Gi.  They would all be recognized by the IBJJF, so long as Eddie signed Denny off to 2nd degree.

I believe you need 2nd degree before promoting blacks.  

^ OK, thanks.

burner22 -
kying418 - I gotta respect 10th planet's loyalty- the fact that someone of Denny's (limited) tournament success is still able to travel all over the world to do seminars is very admirable.

The word loyalty could be switched out for stupidity here and I’d agree 100%

Maybe dudeman teaches a really good seminar?

Malachy Friedman -
kying418 - I gotta respect 10th planet's loyalty- the fact that someone of Denny's (limited) tournament success is still able to travel all over the world to do seminars is very admirable.

Im not exactly sure how they operate but I had a newly 10thp black belt gym rep reach out to me for a seminar. I never heard of him or what he’s done but they deemed him and some purple shirt muay thai guy seminar was worth something. I looked them up online and there stuff was not to my standard. I wouldn’t let them do a class without paying a drop in. I try not to be to high on myself but I wouldn’t call gyms up looking to sell my seminar. But hell I don’t know how that is done. Maybe you try to find a sucker per town.

Yeah that whole reaching out to other schools out of the blue - with no relation whatsover - to sell them your seminar is really odd. 

Daniël Bertina - 
Malachy Friedman -
kying418 - I gotta respect 10th planet's loyalty- the fact that someone of Denny's (limited) tournament success is still able to travel all over the world to do seminars is very admirable.

Im not exactly sure how they operate but I had a newly 10thp black belt gym rep reach out to me for a seminar. I never heard of him or what he’s done but they deemed him and some purple shirt muay thai guy seminar was worth something. I looked them up online and there stuff was not to my standard. I wouldn’t let them do a class without paying a drop in. I try not to be to high on myself but I wouldn’t call gyms up looking to sell my seminar. But hell I don’t know how that is done. Maybe you try to find a sucker per town.

Yeah that whole reaching out to other schools out of the blue - with no relation whatsover - to sell them your seminar is really odd. 

Happen to you as well?

Malachy Friedman -
Daniël Bertina - 
Malachy Friedman -

Happen to you as well?

A few times. Almost always newly promoted American black belts.  

My response is usually: "Thanks guy, but we have seven black belt degrees spread among the instructors in our school. We’re good, but you’re welcome to come & roll." 

Daniël Bertina - 
Malachy Friedman -
Daniël Bertina - 
Malachy Friedman -

Happen to you as well?

A few times. Almost always newly promoted American black belts.  

My response is usually: "Thanks guy, but we have seven black belt degrees spread among the instructors in our school. We’re good, but you’re welcome to come & roll." 

man same for me. I don’t really have time to seminar lol

I am busy building my own home. But these guys are hungry for a trip somewhere.