Derrick Lewis vs Ngannou - JBJ is Out

Love Derrick Lewis to death but he probably caved for chump change. Like it or not guys that demand big coin and deserve it push the paydays up for everyone in the future.

Either way bones is healing old injuries and getting used to the new muscle/weight. He will end up fighting for the belt either way.

1 Like

If you watch the video interview with Ariel, Lewis says he happily accepted a $200,000/$200,000 deal to rematch Ngannou.

Thatā€™s one narrative. The narrative that I believe is that heā€™s under internal suspension for PEDs.

If Jon wanted to fight, thereā€™s a dominant champ sitting down at 205 just waiting for him. Or he could go up to HW like he has been talking about doing for years. It seems like there are lots of options. So why sit out and look like a chump? That second part (the chump) is incredibly telling. Why would he suffer that unless he was being forced to? He never complained about the LHW moneyā€¦ hmmmā€¦

1 Like

U Fight Cheap, god I hope Lewis KOs him just so I can see Danaā€™s head explode.

I can see Jones taking the Lewis fight. I think he would have fought Stipe too. He wants none of that big brother action from Ngannou.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all part of the ufc master plan for Lewis to beat Ngannou and then have Jones beat Lewis to lay claim to the ultimate goatness.

1 Like

Ngannou/Lewis 2? Zzzzzzzz hvwt division is garbage

Instead of steak dinners with Jones, Dana has had to spend all that time moving entire cards to make up for his PED test failures and trying to cover for his multiple instances of being a POS out of the cage and run ins with the law.

LOL @ Jones crying about Dana not being nice enough to him. He is entitled with no accountability for the vastness of his screwups.

3 Likes

You sound salty, get Jonā€™s nuts out your mouth for a second and calm down.

1 Like

Lewis would be a great champ, very funny, says whatever he wants.

All he has to do is show and win one fight, and the huggers will come running.

I feel like time away is wasting career, but obviously heā€™s cool with less fights. I think heā€™s right that all he has to do is come back and the $$$ will be present.

This is basically true.

I think he is the GOAT. That said all his bad behavior, drug failures and recent close decisions etc makes it easy to just look past him.

Best thing that can happen is Francis wins and has a small injury that keeps sidelined til the end of the year to make Jones squirm some more

Dana is rich too. He doesnā€™t need to go to dinner with that asshole

I agree with what youā€™re sayingā€¦but my point is that Jon would rather retire with his big bank account and do other things instead of make another $10-$20M over the next couple years while being disrespected. Itā€™s a principle thing for himā€¦heā€™s not scared of Francis, in my opinion likely beats Francis (I just donā€™t think he improved his wrestling by leaps and bounds, and Jon is a MUCH better wrestler than Stipe) but he would rather retire than fight for less than he feels heā€™s worth, for a guy who always talks shit about him.

As for how if he beats Francis, heā€™d have leverageā€¦Iā€™m sure heā€™s sick of hearing ā€œif you beat THIS GUY, youā€™ll get way more $.ā€ Heā€™s been consistently great, and has an insane amount of wins in title fights. Iā€™m sure he feels like heā€™s done enough to deserve to be one of the top paid athletes in the company and doesnā€™t want to hear that he needs another win or two before he gets a huge payday.

1 Like

Letā€™s be honest here, lots of fighters have done lots of bad shit. Guys like Lewis and Gusstaffson did jail time for violent crimes, Conor has done crazy shit, Khabib jumped the cage and started a brawl. Jon has for sure given the UFC major headaches, but letā€™s not act like many of the guys the UFC loves are choir boys.

Sure, but the UFC was standing with Conor through fucking rape allegations. They put Greg Hardy on tv constantly. As I said in another post, other guys on the roster (Lewis included) did jail time for violent crimes. Jon hasnā€™t done himself heā€™s any favors, but heā€™s saying even back in the earlier part of his career before any trouble started, he never worked closely with Dana.

Iā€™m not saying Jon is right, but imagine working for a company where your boss publicly talks shit about you constantly, and hires people who bring less value to the company and pays them more $, and wonā€™t even meet with you to discuss it. It doesnā€™t sound like either side is trying to find a middle ground here, both are dug in and telling the other to fuck themselves.

tt