DFW begging Mike Tyson not to fight again

Mike Tyson retired on his stool after Round 6 vs. Kevin McBride. "Iron" Mike was 38, and rightly said, "I don't have that ferocity, I'm not an animal anymore." That was in 2005.

Tyson has been training with King's MMA founder Rafael Cordeiro, and on multiple clips that have gone viral, Tyson looks ferocious:

Tyson is now 53, and wants to participate in exhibition bouts. There is a long line of people who would like to accommodate him, including Evander Holyfield, who would hopefully not bite him back in the trilogy bout. However, during a recent appearance on Sportsnet’s “Tim & Sid” show, UFC president Dana White explained rightly that Tyson fighting again is not a good idea.

“I love Mike Tyson," said White as transcribed by DAZN News. "I love the guy. He was one of my guys that I looked up to growing up. I’ve always been a huge fan of his and all that stuff, and he and I have become very good friends.

"And I’m begging him not to go fight. I’m begging him. I said, ‘You look awesome, you’re still explosive, you’re obviously still powerful, you’re one of the all-time greats … Mike, you’re 53. Please don’t do it.’ We’ll see what happens.”

“He absolutely wants to do something. I don’t know what he’s gonna do, but he absolutely wants to do something. Bottom line is, I don’t want Mike to fight, and if it comes down to where he’s about to do something crazy, I might have to jump in and, I don’t know, figure out something for him not to do it.”

https://youtu.be/-84xjDF9dVI?t=1134

Agreed. Leave the past alone and don’t pull a Chuck Liddell. 

3 Likes

Dana going to cut Mike a cheque. Maybe give him Chuck’s old job.

MagnumPeeEye -

Agreed. Leave the past alone and don’t pull a Chuck Liddell. 

Chuck has.. a bit more issues than Tyson.

Chuck told a story recently that he was asked to do a balance test and walk from side of the room to the other and he couldn't do it.

Tyson.. it'd be amazing to see him fight but why? 

I agree. 

I want to see it.Go Mike

In his own words

The gods of war have reawakened me, ignited my ego and want me to go to war again

Rocky did it and got a draw with Antonio Tarver.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/ifCzibK0MBI?t=7

I’m personally very excited to see it especially if the opponement is right. But yea obviously i think its a pretty risky decision for Mike himself and i wouldn’t do it if i was in his shoes. But Mike is a grown man and he should do whatever he wants to do, and if that is fightning i’ll be watching him.

1 Like
Pepperoni 84 -

Maybe it should be vs Wilder since he's coming off a KO

1 Like
Pepperoni 84 -

How old was rocky When he fought tarver

plus tarver broke his hand , Rock got lucky

1 Like

Dana white really needs to be running boxing as a whole as well. Alot of ppl hate Dana but Jesus does he know how to manage and promote fighters. The fact that he's straight up telling Mike Tyson not to fight speaks volumes. I wouldn't be mad to see him leading a commission on combat sports and regulations. I think that would be the best thing that could happen to MMA or boxing. 

3 Likes

Dana should throw some money his way not to do it

Let him fight shamrock 

Mike can clearly still dish out vicious fast punishment. But old guys can’t take punches and keep their feet under them. We have seen it plenty of times. 

“Mike, please don’t fight, I’m begging you.... unless we can promote it and keep you safe, brother” 

Mike will surely get an easy opponent. I think Dana is worried he will sign up to fight Tyson Fury.

Mike vs someone else from his era, maybe Hokyfeld 3, Ruddock 3 something like that but not against young guys no point innit for either party

EKPOGI -

I want to see it.Go Mike

In his own words

The gods of war have reawakened me, ignited my ego and want me to go to war again

He said that?

1 Like

Antonio Tarver posted a photo of him in the gym this morning with Evander and Wladmir Kilitchko.  The speculation is that Tarver is training Holyfield and Wlad is a sparring partner.  Someone asked if they were all coming back and Tarver posted an emoji of a top hat (magic man) so that probably means yes.  Maybe itll be a big ass old man charity event with legends.

Its actually somewhat stunning that a third fight between Tyson and Holyfield never materialized. that would have broken all records but Holyfield had Tyson's number.  At this stage who knows. 

Irregardless an exhibition would do big #s and Holyfield is broke.  He wants it. Tyson is the only big $ fight he can get at this stage.