DFW: Cris Cyborg would KO 'irrelevant' Tito

So much so that he co-mained his last fight in the UFC, which was the biggest ppv the UFC has ever done

'co-mained' his last event?

lol, wat? you think Tito/Forrest co-main evented with Silva/Sonnen 2?

Vindell - Any respect I had for Dana was gone a long time ago so this is nothing shocking. I mean seriously to talk that way when Tito has done so much for the UFC from all the promotion he did and to all of his major fights for the UFC. Tito was todays Chael but promoted much better and won more. It is the same as how he was just telling the media how he is coming after Ken Shamrock. This guy will use and abuse you and once he is done with you he will trash you to no end. Hell he trashes fighters all the time that are still under contract all the time also.

This is all been discussed ad nauseum but Tito did all that stuff for Tito. Tito doesn't care about the sport (outside of what money it can make him). He was never someone who worked to further the UFC brand, that's just where he fought.
Which is fine he has every right to treat it like that but Tito didnt do shit for the UFC that he wasn't compensated for. But you look at the guys like Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, & Chuck, these are the guys that really worked to get the UFC out there as the preeminent promotion and help push it to be the juggernaut it is today. Those are the guys that will always be taken care of. Basically Tito has no one to blame but himself. There's nothing wrong with being a mercenary (the pay is much better) but don't get upset when you don't get the loyalty that comes from being a soldier. Phone Post

dubate - 
Vindell - Any respect I had for Dana was gone a long time ago so this is nothing shocking. I mean seriously to talk that way when Tito has done so much for the UFC from all the promotion he did and to all of his major fights for the UFC. Tito was todays Chael but promoted much better and won more. It is the same as how he was just telling the media how he is coming after Ken Shamrock. This guy will use and abuse you and once he is done with you he will trash you to no end. Hell he trashes fighters all the time that are still under contract all the time also.

This is all been discussed ad nauseum but Tito did all that stuff for Tito. Tito doesn't care about the sport (outside of what money it can make him). He was never someone who worked to further the UFC brand, that's just where he fought.
Which is fine he has every right to treat it like that but Tito didnt do shit for the UFC that he wasn't compensated for. But you look at the guys like Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, & Chuck, these are the guys that really worked to get the UFC out there as the preeminent promotion and help push it to be the juggernaut it is today. Those are the guys that will always be taken care of. Basically Tito has no one to blame but himself. There's nothing wrong with being a mercenary (the pay is much better) but don't get upset when you don't get the loyalty that comes from being a soldier. Phone Post

Tito and Chuck propelled the UFC to where it is now, compensation or not. Dana White is a wannabe toughguy. he has absolutely no say in talking shit about fighters when it comes to fighting. he's got a big mouth.

Funny you use that for the thread title instead of "dana black lists cyborg for having tito as manager." Phone Post 3.0

dubate -

Lol what? Tito did nothing to further the ufc brand?? I fucking hte tito, but dana and his fucktard toadies here are making me a fan of his. Statements like yours just show how powerful zuffa's revisionism movement is. Phone Post 3.0

hubris - BLAF would KO Tito in a boxing match
Lol ya right Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild - Regardless of how you feel about Dana's behavior towards Cheeto (I find DFW's remarks repugnant), you have to admit that Cyborg made a HUGE mistake hiring Tito to manage her. You want to talk about getting off on the wrong foot with Zuffa... Yikes.

Pretty much this.

Dumbest thing they did was turn down a UFC contract, that would let her fight in Invicta. Even if she "can't" make the 135 class, she could've racked up a few wins in Invicta and started to make the catch weight fight more of a possibility.

Spurning the UFC's contract, and signing with Invicta just came across as short sighted. Tito signing with Bellator, regardless of it being justified or not, puts her in a bad place too.

must be nice not to have to back your shit up....

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
dubate -

Lol what? Tito did nothing to further the ufc brand?? I fucking hte tito, but dana and his fucktard toadies here are making me a fan of his. Statements like yours just show how powerful zuffa's revisionism movement is. Phone Post 3.0

Re-read what I wrote. I said Tito did nothing to further the UFC brand that he wasn't compensated for. Meaning the only things he did that promoted the UFC was fighting and being a very popular personality while doing so. These were all things that he was paid for. He never went out of his way to promote the brand nor did he ever do anything to promote the sport outside of fighting. On many occasions (to the delight of many people) he publicly traded barbs with Dana White and talked bad about the organization. Which is also fine, he has every right to do that. However, the reason they call it "fuck you" money is because until you get that amount you can't say fuck you to the people who you will need later on in life. Phone Post

The GlamCocks

Yo Breff Stank

Jacob Ortiz

Vegas Randy

No one can deny they all have something in common - stepping over dollars to pick up dimes - Rampage may be the worst, - WFA - WE TAKIN OVAAAA!...

Tito is now mentoring younger fighters now on how to do it

Frank got soccer mom money, Kens at Jiffy Lube in Barstow, Randy has a chinstrap beard and goofy hats....

IF YOU GOTTA PICK 5 ENEMIES DANA SURE PICKED THEM RIGHT, LOL!

Reallu if you think about it, if you had to pick MMA Legends to induct into the MMA Legend DoucheBag Hall Of Fame these 5 would be first ballot - we are talking innagural inductees, put them on a goddamn committee to oversee the place...

CRE - Cutting Okami was a bad move.

You can see the public opinion shifted then and it's continuing to shift.

Bad business move there, but hey what do we know we are idiots.

I like Okami a lot but this is a move that is better for the sport in the long run. It accomplishes two things:
1. The more people like Okami that get cut will go to other organizations which gives us better fights across the board.

2. Lets other fighters know that winning isn't the only thing in a combat spectator sport. You also have to be relatively exciting or have a huge fan base that will support you no matter what.

I'm not worried about Okami, he will be successful no matter where he goes. He's too talented not to be. Phone Post

Agree Phone Post 3.0

He sure spends a lot of time going after Tito. I'm not even a big Tito fan but DW asks like a jealous old boyfriend

"Sa last 15 years of my career I worked very hard to be as most diligent at possibly could of the future of my career so now it's time to work for the future of other people's careers."

- Tito Ortiz

Hope everyone sees the real issue here: Cyborg not signing a contract on the UFC's terms to a long-term deal with no guarantee of any fights for pay that would only increase in small increments for all her rights.

No matter who managed Cyborg's career, they would be blamed for Cyborg not signing for a fight with Rousey that could elevate Rousey's value to the UFC.

Brian J DSouza - 

Hope everyone sees the real issue here: Cyborg not signing a contract on the UFC's terms to a long-term deal with no guarantee of any fights for pay that would only increase in small increments for all her rights.

No matter who managed Cyborg's career, they would be blamed for Cyborg not signing for a fight with Rousey that could elevate Rousey's value to the UFC.

Wrong. They didn't guarantee fights outside of the only women's weight division in the UFC... after the leading weight-cutting expert in MMA met with Cyborg and said that she could not only make weight but would be at her best.

The UFC offered her a a title fight against Rousey and Cyborg rejected the offer. The issue was and remains her refusal to cut weight.. not the refusal of the UFC to make reasonable offers. There aren't too many people on the planet who have ever been offered a title shot for their first UFC fight... yet it wasn't good enough for her.

UFC offered Cyborg fights in Invicta under an eight-fight contract.

Where was the title shot guaranteed? Do you have any source?

Also the weight issue is a problem: No 145 lb title in the UFC for women. No 140 catchweight for Cyborg.

Strikeforce tried to stiff Cyborg for the same money and she held out for a better deal (and got it). I'm sure the UFC deal was...your standard UFC deal.

I didn't read anywhere that Dana said anything disparaging about Tito's career contribution to the sport of MMA or UFC. He stated the obvious that Tito hadn't won in a long time and the obvious Tito isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer, and that Cyborg should not have Tito managing her career, anyone disagree with that? That said I'm not a Dana fan, and making a public statement about Tito in that light was totally unprofessional. Outside of the Cyborg making a mgmt mistake, he should have never said that in public IMO ~ Phone Post 3.0

oddly, ufc.com is still selling tito merchandise

guess they have a surplus

UFC Tito Ortiz Fathead
Zoom Click to Enlarge

UFC Tito Ortiz Fathead

SKU ID #374522

(No reviews)

Price: $99.95

<div id="options">
    &nbsp;</div>
<p id="qty">
    <span>Qty:</span> <input class="text" id="itemQty" maxlength="2" name="qty" size="2" type="text" value="1" /></p>
<p>
    <span>Availability:</span> In Stock</p>
<p id="instock">
    <b id="instockMsg" style="font-weight:normal">Ships within </b>3 - 5 Business Days</p>
<div id="submitButton">
    <div class="genLrgBtn genLrgBtn-red">
        <a class="genLrgBtnCenter" id="submitLink">Add To Cart</a></div>
</div>
<div class="giftBoxPDP">
    &nbsp;</div>

20% off for UFC Fight Club Members. Join Now!