DFW just confirmed Leon v. Colby is next

There’s no evidence of that. His claim to fame is losing a close fight with Usman. He’s like the Gustaffson of WW if Gus had dodged fighting anyone in the top 5 after losing to Jones.

I think he is the number one contender. Shavkat has to beat one more elite fighter before he is there. I say make him fight Mohamed for the next title shot

I honestly don’t even want to see Edwards/Colby. Colby doesn’t deserve it and it’s going to be a rather dull fight.

Colby should be fighting khamzat and the winner gets Edwards

Belal is boring as hell though. Who even knows who he is outside of hardcores? Colby is not the most exciting fighter to watch but the lead up to the fight is more interesting with him there .

Personally Edwards, Colby and Belal are snore inducing… we need Khamzat or Shavkat in there to break this up

I really enjoy watching Belal fight said nobody ever.

2 Likes

Belal has every right to be annoyed, he looked good against Brady last go round too, he puts on another performance like that in his next fight and he is undeniable. It’s bullshit Colby gets the shot and there’s no way you can argue any different , guy has sat out for nearly two years while Belal has been beating top fighters.

That said Edwards is a tailor made matchup for Colby, he is way too inclined to coast, move backwards and be passive in general and doesn’t counter well with his boxing. Colby will smother him, take away his best tools with his pressure and mix it up enough to keep him constantly guessing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him finish Edwards or beat him convincingly every round.

1 Like

Well?

And Gus was clearly the best fighter in the world at 205 not named JBJ or DC. You literally proved my point. Thanks for the perfect analogy. So by your great acknowledgement, Colby is next in line.

1 Like

Funny how circumstances have changed…

1 Like

Dana confirms doesn’t mean shit.

“We never make fights the night of the event”

1 Like

I enjoy LW and MW a lot but I’ve had almost zero interest in the Usman/Colby/Edwards/Belal/Masvidal fights the past few years.

Almost like WMMA level interest.

1 Like

That’s crazy to me lol both Usman Covington fights were great. Burns will beat Mas in what should be a good fight and put himself back at the top

1 Like

You don’t think Mas has a chance against Burns?

No really. Burns is underrated. He can strike. He’ll stand with Mas and hold his own until the takedown presents himself

Mas hasn’t fought in over a year now and he’s coming off 3 losses

ActiveFrequentBorer-size_restricted

3 Likes

I know Mas is getting old, but he isn’t a walk in the park.

Mas definitely has a punchers chance. That’s it, only cause Burns went cold again LW Hooker. But Burns almost knocked the hype off 190lbs Chimaev.

Chimaev said he didn’t really want to go to the ground with Burns, so I can’t see Masvidal doing anything but defending for his life there.

Hope Burns submits Mas if anything.

Jorge is 40 , he isn’t going to give Burns much trouble outside of the first round. He gets outstruck and out grappled I reckon.

john oliver burn GIF by Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Colby punches like the lovechild of Rhonda Rousey and a should’ve stayed retired Nick Diaz

1 Like

He will batter edwards