DFW just confirmed Leon v. Colby is next

Lol who has Colby beaten? What are his big wins?

Masvidal(2x title contender), a prime RDA(former Champ, title contender), a good Lawler(former champ), A younger (late 30s is still old, to be fair.)Maia just coming off a title shot (2x title contender). All more Impressive than Belal beating Brady and in a way more exciting fashion as well.

Nobody on earth wants to see Belal fight anybody, not even his family.

7 Likes

Colby isnā€™t afraid to fight. He loves the attention and is a banger, and only lost to the champ. However, he canā€™t tell a judge that he wants life-changing money for injury from Masvidalā€™s assault while booking fights in the UFC, dumdums.

Then you have the New Yearā€™s event featuring Colby vs. Conner. Jones vs.? Sounds like a plan to me.

1 Like

Belal deserves it more than Colby, but Colby will sell more PPVā€™s.

Itā€™s an unfair business.

Lol I love the salty hate, 2023 - enter Colby- ā€œThe people champā€ era! Haters gun hate

3 Likes

And 2023 will be followed with by 2024 ā€œThe last great hopeā€ - Donald Trumps, 2nd reign.

1 Like

I think Colby earned one last title shot. The build up will be great and despite the obvious gimmick I actually like Colby. By all accounts heā€™s a good guy in real life. Unfortunately heā€™s probably just over the hill and his best performances are behind him (just like Usman)

2 Likes

This. I hate it when people behave like this shit is an honorable chess game. Fuck that, itā€™s prize fighting, fist fighting for money - entertain me.

4 Likes

I hope he gets it so he can crush that trash bag POS!

Mohamed is boring as fuck and I hate watching him fight. He is less boring now but he still sucks to watch. Leon is boring as a person and a fighter. You put Leon and Mohamed together and that Ppv will flop hard, you would need 4 solid main event fights to fortify this boring main event.

Colby can carry a PPV single handily. I do wish he would tone down on the cringe though

Conor Vs Edwards would made just as much sense. Edwards would add to the highlight reel build up and be a more even fight :joy::rofl:

Lol no. Luque and Brady are far better wins than Masvidal, who was coming off a 2 fight losing streak. Also you say 2x title challenger like that means anything, considering Masvidal got a title shot off a one-sided loss. Lawler was on a two fight losing streak and that was 4 years ago. The RDA win was 5 years ago and what was earned him his first title shot. Why would it earn him another title shot 5 years later when he already got 2 and failed both times? Colby hasnā€™t done a damn thing to earn a third title shot.

3 Likes

https://www.mmanews.com/news/leon-edwards-colby-covington-doesnt-make-sense-next

If CCC is training with CCC then Leon is so fucked.

What if Jorge beats Leon then wonā€™t fight Colby for the belt but Colby walks away from the court case with all of Jorgeā€™s career earnings, with no jail time, but Colby never becomes champā€¦Who walks away a head?

1 Like

Agree to disagree!

Whether anybody likes it or notā€¦Colby is the best fighter in the world at 170 who didnā€™t fight last night.

2 Likes