DFW: Silva 'probably' next for GSP w/ Condit win

Kimbos Bread - Laughable that Anderson wants to fight GSP. He should be fighting JBJ. Ridiculous.

Jbj should beat fighting jds Phone Post

I could see GSP looking less than stellar against Condit and this fight not happening at all.

I'd rather see Silva vs. Jones also.

Silva should retire.

I'm afraid if Silva's really pushing for this fight, that's an indicator it may as well be his last one.
Money time and then I'm out.

markiz - I'm afraid if Silva's really pushing for this fight, that's an indicator it may as well be his last one.

I get this feeling myself. One more big payday and then retirement. After all, he is a 37 year old man.

I get one more feeling. If Weidman becomes Silva's successor as MW champ, makes a little run I think he'd gladly come up to challenge Bones.

Weidman doesn't give a fuck.

Farewell Brock - 
SinCityHustler -  Kudos to GSP finally willing to take a fight where he's the smaller guy.  He was all too eager to face Penn, Serra and Sherk a combined 5 times but unwilling to face anyone even slightly outweighting him.  I've hammered him for the lack of budo, this would change everything.  And kudos to Anderson for being willing to drop the weight and give us a super fight that has been discussed for 5 years.  

Gsp fights who the UFC deems the number one contender, to my knowledge he has never turned down a fight.

Saying cudos to him for finally being the smaller guy is pure bullshit Phone Post

All the champions do that.  I think you missed the point completely.  You guys run around calling GSP a P4P candidate and ignore the fact he cuts a tremendous amount of weight to get down to welter weight and in those 5 instances, was all too eager to fight those men who are MUCH smaller than him.  He even wanted Penn for a 3rd time and stated as much in interviews.  But now that I commend him for potentially facing an opponennt who will likely out weigh him by 5-10 pounds in the cage, you call it BS?  You must be retarded.  

Farewell Brock - 
SinCityHustler -  Kudos to GSP finally willing to take a fight where he's the smaller guy.  He was all too eager to face Penn, Serra and Sherk a combined 5 times but unwilling to face anyone even slightly outweighting him.  I've hammered him for the lack of budo, this would change everything.  And kudos to Anderson for being willing to drop the weight and give us a super fight that has been discussed for 5 years.  

Gsp fights who the UFC deems the number one contender, to my knowledge he has never turned down a fight.

Saying cudos to him for finally being the smaller guy is pure bullshit Phone Post

He's been turning down the anderson fight since 2008, just because you say maybe, or i have to move in weight, or maybe in the future does not mean you didn't turn down the fight.

He's been running from anderson for 5 years now.

Stolm - I could see GSP looking less than stellar against Condit and this fight not happening at all.

I'd rather see Silva vs. Jones also.

How about we see both super fights? That's what I want.

Megatherium - 
markiz - I'm afraid if Silva's really pushing for this fight, that's an indicator it may as well be his last one.

I get this feeling myself. One more big payday and then retirement. After all, he is a 37 year old man.

GSP retiring Silva, sounds about right to me.

guardbr8kr - 
Megatherium - 

GSP retiring Silva, sounds about right to me.

Yeah, I can definitely see Georges winning this fight. It's a very intriguing match up, I really have no idea who will win it myself.

I would like to see Anderson go out on top.

markiz - I get one more feeling. If Weidman becomes Silva's successor as MW champ, makes a little run I think he'd gladly come up to challenge Bones.

Weidman doesn't give a fuck.

I don't share this feeling.

A bit cruel to have to fight Andy after such a long lay off. A bit like Shogun after his injury having to fight JBJ. Dems the breaks when ur champ I guess! Phone Post

Fabefromfort - Dont do it George. It ain't worth it, and you cannot win. Stay where you are. Duck this. Hell, Silva ducks everyone else. I would'nt buy this one. Nope. George gets hurt by far less opponents, and smaller no less. This is a stoopid fight, always has been. Silva's naturally 2 weight divisions out of Georges, and has run from Jonny Jones, Rua, Machida, and Page probably. One jab and this one is on its way to being over. That means, quick. There is no risk whatsoever to Silva. George can't take welterweights out. Nice PPV buys for Rousey. Not bad at all. Now Dana's seen the light, I surmise, about the women. Cyborg got chucked ? Oh well. She intends to keep juicing obviously. 145 is huge for 8 percent bodyfat, or less. Thats 180-190 pound walking around weight, folks. Why does she keep putting her foot in her mouth ? She's her own worst enemy in more ways than one. Her husband ain't helping matters by sticking the needle in. Ditto Chute Boxing. C,mon Soares.. Really ? Silva ducked in order Machida, Jones, Weidman, probably vacated the LHS because Rua was coming. Once again, whatever your motives, and I know there's plenty,unlike Silva you will face down the challenges, you do not have to do this. I have followed fighting for over 40 years. All of the combat sports K1, Boxing, MMA, PKA Karate, and am a fighter myself, and I'm telling you to walk away. Remember the jab that put Griffin to sleep ? Well, let me take that comment about the jab back. It could end this. Face it he is a legit heavyweight. We will not think less of you. You will always be a warrior. Walk.

Who is a legit heavyweight? Anderson Silva? LOL! He is a former welterweight who moved up to middleweight mid-career.
He was originally signed by Zuffa in 2001 to fight Carlos Newton for the Welterweight belt but the fight fell through and they wound up fighting in Pride. Anderson was ranked in the welterweight division until around '03-'04. He bulked up to fight in K-1 when his mma career was stalled. This stuff is all on the record. There was a feature article on the Chute Boxe team in Fightsport magazine where this whole issue was discussed in detail back in '03-'04.

To me this fight makes no sense.

If Silva wins, well no surprise there. He's much bigger:

http://georgesaintpierre.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/gsp_silva-side-by-side.jpg

If he loses, he's tarnished his legacy by losing to a smaller dude.

Whatever, but I'm not jumping for joy to see this one.

I dont think a loss for either GSP or Anderson tarnishes their legacy. How long have these two been considered the #1 & #2 P4P fighters on the planet? I have no idea how anyone can be bitching about this fight happening. It will be the biggest fight in the history of the sport!

Brian Littlefield -  GSP wins via UD with ease. Ill bet the house on it. Better take downs than Chael, better striking, and a hell of a lot better sub defense. 

You guys are high on crack if you think it will go down different to the above ^^^ Phone Post

Diaz vs gsp would be better Phone Post

Anderson should just retire now. Not fight anymore. Go out on top with his legacy as the greatest intact. That's what I would really like to see. I'm sure he doesn't care what the 'fans' want to see. He never has.

Nickawala - 

License to print money right here, thats all its about ultimately Phone Post

Basically. And since pro athletes are basically businesssmen (or contracters if you prefer), it makes a lot of sense for both Anderson and GSP if they can get the terms - both of them get a cut of the PPV, so both stand to make a lot of money.

The reason I don't think the fight will happen: GSP, after a year's absence and with a bad knee, will lose to Condit. Seriously, everyone is overlooking Condit, but that much ring rust and that kind of injury changes everything.

If the fight does happen, I predict a UD for Anderson. GSP is going to come in with a plan, which means he's not going to go toe to toe with Anderson. Anderson gets most of his KO's as a counter attacker, but GSP isn't going to play that game. It'll be a chess match, which Anderson will win because he is in fact a considerably better striker, but it won't have as much action as people think.

GSP's reach is about the same as Anderson's, and he's going to try to throw uncommited jabs from the outside, staying out of range most of the time, eating jabs from Anderson but no hard shots. Anderson for his part will trade jabs (and win points), but won't get a chance for a rear hand punch. Every once in awhile GSP will be able to set up a shot, many of which Anderson will stuff, they'll clinch for awhile, be separated, and start again. People who expect fireworks haven't thought about how GSP is going to approach this.

UD for Anderson if it happens. But it won't, Condit will beat ring-rust, knee injury version GSP.