DFW: Silva 'probably' next for GSP w/ Condit win

So the MW division is finally starting to get a little stronger,but Silva is going to fight a WW.

Lmao.

Only on the UG would you get people complaining about a fight between two of the P4P greats. Bunch of babies. Phone Post

Dont do it George. It ain't worth it, and you cannot win. Stay where you are. Duck this. Hell, Silva ducks everyone else. I would'nt buy this one. Nope. George gets hurt by far less opponents, and smaller no less. This is a stoopid fight, always has been. Silva's naturally 2 weight divisions out of Georges, and has run from Jonny Jones, Rua, Machida, and Page probably. One jab and this one is on its way to being over. That means, quick. There is no risk whatsoever to Silva. George can't take welterweights out. Nice PPV buys for Rousey. Not bad at all. Now Dana's seen the light, I surmise, about the women. Cyborg got chucked ? Oh well. She intends to keep juicing obviously. 145 is huge for 8 percent bodyfat, or less. Thats 180-190 pound walking around weight, folks. Why does she keep putting her foot in her mouth ? She's her own worst enemy in more ways than one. Her husband ain't helping matters by sticking the needle in. Ditto Chute Boxing. C,mon Soares.. Really ? Silva ducked in order Machida, Jones, Weidman, probably vacated the LHS because Rua was coming. Once again, whatever your motives, and I know there's plenty,unlike Silva you will face down the challenges, you do not have to do this. I have followed fighting for over 40 years. All of the combat sports K1, Boxing, MMA, PKA Karate, and am a fighter myself, and I'm telling you to walk away. Remember the jab that put Griffin to sleep ? Well, let me take that comment about the jab back. It could end this. Face it he is a legit heavyweight. We will not think less of you. You will always be a warrior. Walk.

BUFFGEO - It pisses me off that Dana can continue to say shit like these guys are probably going to fight next or soon... when neither GSP or Silva want this fight to happen an both have actually stated several times that they are not interested in this what so ever!

What? Anderson's management has been practically begging for this fight for years. To say neither wants the fight would be completely wrong, Anderson clearly wants it badly.

GSP pretty clearly wanted no part of it, saying silly things like how Anderson "walks around at 220" (that's something an ignorant fan would say, as Big Mac-induced walk around weight is meaningless). However if they throw enough $$$ his way they could probably change GSP's mind.

Anderson and the UFC both clearly want the fight, whether the fight actually happens or not is up to GSP if he beats Condit.

think of the epicness of anderson lighting up gsp on the feet and then highlight reeling him

Anyone thinking this fight is a lock for either guy is out of their minds.

orcus -  Anyone thinking this fight is a lock for either guy is out of their minds.

Yup. Phone Post

MMA has the worst fans in the world. Fuck this place. Imagine GSP beats silva, he could be GOAT. Phone Post

MachidasBrew 209TT - MMA has the worst fans in the world. Fuck this place. Imagine GSP beats silva, he could be GOAT. Phone Post

Even if GSP beat Silva, I wouldn't consider him GOAT. Just my opinion.

But legit LOL @ "Fuck this place..."

I would enjoy seeing this fight very much so. I think a catchweight is fair. If Silva beat GSP, I say he takes the JBJ fight for the biggest payday in MMA history, and retires win ir lose. If he wins, versus both GSP & JBJ, I think he solidifies his P4P GOAT status, and going down in victory makes that a hard fact to dispute.

Realistically, I don't see that happening. But, we can never know for sure until the fight is signed. It would be an awesome thing to be a part of as a longtime fan of this sport. Phone Post

Would much rather see JBJ vs silva,GSP is to small for silva,Andy would be 15-20 pounds heavier the night of the fight.but as a fan for sure id buy the ppv Phone Post

So now if Condit beats GSP he'll officially be the greatest dream fight cock blocker of all time.

CrimeBoss - 

Would much rather see JBJ vs silva,GSP is to small for silva,Andy would be 15-20 pounds heavier the night of the fight.but as a fan for sure id buy the ppv Phone Post

Anderson and GSP are much closer in weight than Anderson and Jones. Anderson would make a 178 catchweight with absolute ease. He weighed 182 (I think it was against Leites?) literally because he took a dump prior to the weigh-in. He's not this massive MW that people say.

Does anyone seriously think Jones could make a 195 catchweight? Jones would have to cut significant muscle mass for that to happen, and he's already very lean. Anderson has weighed 195 a week out prior to his fight (I believe it was the Maia and Vitor fights where this was reported). That's prior to cutting water weight. GSP weighs between 188-194 (Firaz reported him as being 194 in cage for Shields, though I don't think that's normal for him, I think he's normally 188-190).

The lowest in cage weight I've heard for Jones is 216. After the Vladdy fight he actually said he weighed 226 in cage (I don't have the link but it was a sherdog.com video interview), though he seems to have trimmed down since then, I guess cause he can hire a better nutritionist etc. now.

Anyway, there's a legit 20 pound difference in weight between Anderson and Jones, if they were fighting with the same body fat %age. Whereas the difference between Anderson and GSP is more like 5-8ish pounds.

Though, definitely count me in with the people who would much rather see Anderson vs. Jones. Anderson vs. Jones is my #1 dream fight. I don't have as much interest in Anderson vs. GSP as I used to, because I'm much more interested in Anderson fighting larger men, not smaller men.

I'd be more interested in Rashad vs. Anderson than Anderson vs. GSP as well. I am highly, highly skeptical of GSP being competitive with Anderson. Rashad would pose a much bigger threat. And though Jones would deservedly be a large favorite over Anderson, Anderson is IMO Jones' biggest threat at 185 or 205.

Jonny Jones Bro. That is your biggest challenge Anderson. Nothing else matters. Not GSP. Not Machida. Not Weidman. Greatness is Jones, onliest fight for you now. But, if I were a legit fighting organization as it stands, I would force you to fight Weidman, or get stripped of your belt. That is what should be happening as we speak. Boxing falterred in this department and the result is the bottom fell out of boxing. There was cheating and other stuff too , but you get my drift. Already as we speak history is being written, and what you are beginning to look like is Chickenshit of Bones, and Machida, and Weidman. Personally I think when Rua was coming your literally looked for the nearest place to hide. You scamperred like fast, and furious.Gradual is the process month after month as more people get wind of all the goings on, you will mark your place as the greatest who ran and ducked. Then you will fall from that pedestal in retirement, place by place, as the greats mount an assault on your legacy. Stop it all here and now, and call out Bones.

I'm one of the few picking GSP. By a mile.

GSP is the greatest fighter of all time in MMA, but his legacy got tarnished with the Serra fight.

GSP lost to Serra in devastating fashion, some crushing headshots and then it was game over, first round TKO. However, GSP has never been dominated like Anderson was against Sonnen. Where you can chalk GSPs loss to Serra as a one off 'fluke' Anderson got dominated for 5 straight rounds before pulling a triangle.

GSP will prove exceptionaly tricky on the feet will easily hold his own in the BJJ department and will likely wrestle the absolute HELL out of Anderson.

Short of a foot to the face Vitor style, i see GSP taking Anderson down at will and ground and pounding him into a TKO loss - something Sonnen could not do.

BUFFGEO - It pisses me off that Dana can continue to say shit like these guys are probably going to fight next or soon... when neither GSP or Silva want this fight to happen an both have actually stated several times that they are not interested in this what so ever!

Umm, what?? Phone Post

Fabefromfort - Dont do it George. It ain't worth it, and you cannot win. Stay where you are. Duck this. Hell, Silva ducks everyone else. I would'nt buy this one. Nope. George gets hurt by far less opponents, and smaller no less. This is a stoopid fight, always has been. Silva's naturally 2 weight divisions out of Georges, and has run from Jonny Jones, Rua, Machida, and Page probably. One jab and this one is on its way to being over. That means, quick. There is no risk whatsoever to Silva. George can't take welterweights out. Nice PPV buys for Rousey. Not bad at all. Now Dana's seen the light, I surmise, about the women. Cyborg got chucked ? Oh well. She intends to keep juicing obviously. 145 is huge for 8 percent bodyfat, or less. Thats 180-190 pound walking around weight, folks. Why does she keep putting her foot in her mouth ? She's her own worst enemy in more ways than one. Her husband ain't helping matters by sticking the needle in. Ditto Chute Boxing. C,mon Soares.. Really ? Silva ducked in order Machida, Jones, Weidman, probably vacated the LHS because Rua was coming. Once again, whatever your motives, and I know there's plenty,unlike Silva you will face down the challenges, you do not have to do this. I have followed fighting for over 40 years. All of the combat sports K1, Boxing, MMA, PKA Karate, and am a fighter myself, and I'm telling you to walk away. Remember the jab that put Griffin to sleep ? Well, let me take that comment about the jab back. It could end this. Face it he is a legit heavyweight. We will not think less of you. You will always be a warrior. Walk.

A legit heavyweight huh??....Have u taken too many shots to the head? Phone Post

The Mammoth -  I'm one of the few picking GSP. By a mile.

GSP is the greatest fighter of all time in MMA, but his legacy got tarnished with the Serra fight.

GSP lost to Serra in devastating fashion, some crushing headshots and then it was game over, first round TKO. However, GSP has never been dominated like Anderson was against Sonnen. Where you can chalk GSPs loss to Serra as a one off 'fluke' Anderson got dominated for 5 straight rounds before pulling a triangle.

GSP will prove exceptionaly tricky on the feet will easily hold his own in the BJJ department and will likely wrestle the absolute HELL out of Anderson.

Short of a foot to the face Vitor style, i see GSP taking Anderson down at will and ground and pounding him into a TKO loss - something Sonnen could not do.

I agree. Great fucking post. Phone Post

And to be honest, I'm not a fan of either. Not a hater. I understand they are the best of the best. Just want to see them face the best competition. That's what MMA is all about. Phone Post

only stupid people would be interested in this match. and i dont think the UG has stupid people.

oh wait nevermind.....

The UG contains alot of fags