Diaz vs Hendricks.

I know it may not make sense. But I have been wanting to see this fight forever. Can you imagine the battle it would be?

Anyone else ever see it happening?

Man can only hope. Phone Post

Not much of a battle, IMO. Diaz would overwhelm Hendricks on the feet with his punches in bunches, causing Hendricks to keep going for takedowns, tiring him even more. Diaz via TKO.

I was thinking this to myself on sat! I don't know who would win if it would be kept standing. I don't think Diaz would get knocked out, so eventually a tired Johny would take it to the ground. I see it going similar to the condit Johny fights, minus the part where condit got up frequently. Phone Post

Diaz has been kept away from wrestlers for a reason IMO. I'd rather see him fight Lawler.

I love them both, but Hendricks would make Diaz look silly, pretty much a replay of Diaz/GSP but with harder punches.

Laughing at Diaz being "kept" away from wrestlers. He came over from SF as the champ, fucked up a shot at Rush, worked over an undersized BJ, got set up against Condit for the #1 spot, then GSP called Diaz out (which moneywise) looks to be the smartest thing he has done in a long time). Oh my God Dana is TOTALLY protecting him. Phone Post

Hendricks would beat him.

Give him Lawler or Kampmann or Condit again.

Haha Diaz would tko him...LOL.

Hendricks would demolish Diaz.

Not sure how it would go. Hendricks looked pretty bad at top position. He controlled top position but didn't get much damage done. I wonder what his sub defense is like. Also he is going to get hit with a lot of unnecessary damage if he doesn't get his cardio up. He looked pretty tired after two rounds and was definitely starting to wilt towards the end of the 3rd. Maybe he will work on it for the fight with Georges but it's definitely a weakness right now. Phone Post

dubate - Laughing at Diaz being "kept" away from wrestlers. He came over from SF as the champ, fucked up a shot at Rush, worked over an undersized BJ, got set up against Condit for the #1 spot, then GSP called Diaz out (which moneywise) looks to be the smartest thing he has done in a long time). Oh my God Dana is TOTALLY protecting him. Phone Post

Strike force liked setting up fights that were more about action than pitting the best fighters against each other. That's why he was mostly fighting strikers. Remember his last run in the UFC where he got dominated by wrestlers Sherk and Sanchez. His take down defense isn't good enough to stop elite wrestlers from taking him down. Hendricks easily takes him down and controls the fight. Diaz didn't even really try to get out from under gsp or go for any submissions at all. Phone Post

stylistically its a very interesting matchup. imo nicks more of a threat on bottom to  jh than he was to gsp

I don't pay attention to his first run in the UFC, he was only 21. As for SF they didn't really employ wrestlers, they were much more fond of rock 'em sock 'em type fighters. Phone Post

yabadaba - 

Diaz has been kept away from wrestlers for a reason IMO. I'd rather see him fight Lawler.

That fight already happened it wouldn't change much Lawler is the same Brawler he would get KO again imo

BradGluckman - 
yabadaba - 

That fight already happened it wouldn't change much Lawler is the same Brawler he would get KO again imo

Obviously this would be a rematch. The first one was the fight that put Diaz on the map - nobody expected Diaz to KO Lawler. Now almost 10 years later they're both back in the UFC and both ranked in the top 10. Not only is it pretty much guaranteed fireworks - it would actually be a signficant fight from a title perspective.

Diaz fans are so jealous that Hendricks is getting the next shot after Diaz failed horribly

I like that Hendricks is getting the shot. Makes the most sense and is the most compelling.

Tclegg - I know it may not make sense. But I have been wanting to see this fight forever. Can you imagine the battle it would be?

Anyone else ever see it happening?

Man can only hope. Phone Post

Good thread. Guess this could happen if Hendricks loses to GSP, or if he wins and Nick gets a win against a top-5 opponent. Well, if he returns from his nth retirement. Phone Post

he armbarred sakurai from the bottom

i am not a huge fan but the guys a good fighter

IMO I believe Diaz would take this fight. Hendricks although a great wrestler from what I saw on Sat he doesn't or didnt demonstrate any type of ground game what so ever. I didn't see any DMG done at all, He would need to work on his GnP a lot and possibly his sub defense. Just like GSP said, Diaz has a very unorthodox ground game. I don't think Hendricks would be able to keep up with it.

Aaron Becker - Diaz fans are so jealous that Hendricks is getting the next shot after Diaz failed horribly

This. WTF would anyone be talking about this now?

KEEPING IT REAL..........dreamy.