Did Faber just kill that guy???

Sick choke, way to go faber. Miz didn't look dead persay more just like a guy who got choked the fuck out. I'd rather get choked out like that than be knocked out standing any day of the week. Phone Post

LOL

Are you guys serious? Have you never trained before in MMA, Judo, BJJ, or any other art where chokes are allowed???? Have you never gone out before?

Seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS (queue Mugatu).

I hate to break this to you guys, but getting choked out is an EVERY SINGLE DAY occurrence in thousands of judo/bjj schools across the world. I've never been to a judo class where someone didn't go to sleep, and this is 20 years of experience. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but its so freaking common, that I don't even give it a thought.

It's funny to me to see everyone so surprised, with doctors running into the cage and getting all frantic.... Takeya's condition tonight after being choked out was 100% typical and I could have handled it perfectly. No surprise....

Faber had the grip for the rear naked and Mizugaki was out as soon as he was on his belly...Rosenthal just let him hold it for 10 seconds

Uh it does not take 5 MINUTES to kill someone. Holding it for 30 seconds after they've already gone out could cause brain damage at least.

Naughty Gorilla - Uh it does not take 5 MINUTES to kill someone. Holding it for 30 seconds after they've already gone out could cause brain damage at least.

He didn't hold it for 30 seconds after he was "out". It was 5 or 6 full seconds. Max.

Moot point.

Did anyone else find it funny when Stephan Bonnar said "He is OUT!! He probably was OUT for a good 10 seconds there, good job by the ref."?

Jen The OCaholic Jameson -
joe bruce - You cant kill someone with a blood choke unless you hold it for like 10 minutes

You are a idiot.

Yeah, what an moran.

StephanBonnar - He is out! He probably was out for a good 10 seconds there, good job by the ref.

Really? Good job by the ref Stephan?

Imagine this...Tito and Bonnar commentating together.

The quotes would be absolute GOLD JERRY! GOLD!

Rosenthal didnt have a good view, but it was definitely a little late

another bad late stoppage recently was Nate Diaz choking out Marcus Davis

Naughty Gorilla - Uh it does not take 5 MINUTES to kill someone. Holding it for 30 seconds after they've already gone out could cause brain damage at least.

No....

Fighters need to let go of their pride and be willing to tap. Tapping out is better than risking higher longterm damage or unecessarily shortening your career.

All the best fighters lose or get finished. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

I was scared for about 10 seconds there when the ref didn't pull him off.  Camera had the perfect angle but the ref just couldn't tell nor could he get to the arm/hand to confirm.

I don't think anyone's going to stop Faber at 135lbs, but there should be some great fights either way, especially with Cruz, Bowles, Torres, etc.

ref josh didnt wanna stop it and have the guy NOT out. seemed late, looked dead, but it was good timing on the stoppage.

GIF not working. :(

from WEC Press Conference....

"I knew he was going out, but I didn't realize he was that bad. He was stiffed up. It was kind of scary. I looked up, and I was like, 'What just happened?'"

WEC general manager Reed Harris was also quick to defend Faber's role in the scare, especially in how the former champion handled himself once everyone realized Mizugaki was out.

"The referee told me that after that happened, Urijah stayed prone until the doctor arrived, which is the proper thing to do and the sportsman-like thing to do," Harris said.

I think Faber did exactly what he was supposed to....

experienced viewers knew he was out about 4 seconds before the ref began checking.  faber didnt get out from under him making it look more dramatic. i think he didnt want to jerk mizugakis body around while he was out. great control and presence of mind by faber. ref could have jumped in a couple seconds earlyer. who here thinks mizugaki DIDNT know he was about to go out and chose to do so anyway instead of tapping?

to me it was a little scary to watch the choke going so long too. But Faber looked great and he is going to be a force at 135. Any idea IF Faber and Benavidez would fight each other because now they are in the same weight class? So many times guys from the same team dont fight each other and the only exception to this from my memory is from Pride GP when Wanderlei and Shogun agreed to fight if they would meet in semi/final against each other. Sorry for my bad english :(

since first gif is down: