DId Fickett Just Say He Is

Too Much Testaserone for a victory interview imo

drew "Master of Drinking" fickett is the Shiznit! and imagine how good he would be if he fought sober.

Drew Fickett is good for the sport and bad for my liver. drinks in support of Drew

When you look at Fickett's record, he's fought a number of tough guys, and only had one bad loss to that bald guy that rains with Ortiz.

"I thought i was hearing things... then i saw the tattoo on his back"

the funny part is that he's not mexican, and it was basically an inside joke taken really, really far...and he's so laid back, but insane at the same time, that he'll wear a sombrero, tell everyone he's mexican (with a completely straight face) in his interviews, and even get a "Hecho en Mexico" Tattoo on his back just to take the inside joke to the next level.

His first UFC bio was awesome...he said all kinds of crazy shit that he does while training...like way over exaggerated what he does (and made it blatant) and said something about drinking a gallon of milk after his morning runs everyday. If you don't know him, it came across semi-serious and people kept asking "does he really do that?" or "why so much milk?" So he basically trolled his UFC bio. The he shows up to the weigh-in with an empty carton of milk and faked like he was chugging milk to rehydrate.

He's honestly the funniest mma fighter ever if you catch and understand his humor.

i loled and wtfed at the sombrero

then i was like oh he's mexican he just claimed it...even though he didnt look like it i figured he was half and his mom was.

nice info from rickmass

LMAO @ Rick, I remember that bio! I remember once drinking like 4 glasses of milk within a couple hours and having a hershey squirt fart from hell afterwards. I was like "how the hell does he drink all that milk and not shit himself?!" haha

Notice the Mexican flag on the shorts that suddenly appeared in his last 3 fights!!

I'm a little slow. I kept hearing him yelling something over and over again after the fight, but I couldn't pick up on what it was.

Thanks for the insight, Rickmassmma. I'll probably look at him in a little better light from now on. I'm one of those that didn't "get it" -- but again, I'm admittedly slow sometimes...lol

i thought Fickett said "i'm fighting for the mexicans"

That dude is funny.

ttt

I was at ADCC '07 and was sitting not too far from Drew Ficket on the second day. He was drunk all day and when they announced Marcelo Garcia, I heard Drew say something along the lines of, "Yea, Represent Mexico!!"

I was very confused, but figured he was just beeing drunk, but now it starting to make more sense.

ya, i caught that too. Fickett has that choke down. Some guys just have a feel for that choke and when it's sunk it's over. It's not a basic choke as a lot of people think IMO. There's a lot of steps and angles to it, to make it work. Ficket does a nice job with it.

Didn't Fickett used to have stories about going to jail and fucking other prisoners?

Max

I loved Fickett hyping up the fight with Shields. "Death by rear naked choke." Jake had no idea how to respond.

congrats to Drew Fickett, MMA Overload sponsored fighter  on a big win :)

... next up, Jake Shields! I can't wait to see that fight go down.

"Didn't Fickett used to have stories about going to jail and fucking other prisoners?"

While talking shit back and forth with Sean Sherk he said something like "I used to respect you but now I realize you're no better than the guys I fucked in prison." which was him spinning the movie quote from roadhouse, which was something like "I used to fuck guys like you in prison."

Again, there were about 20 people who got the reference and laughed their asses off, and hundreds that still think to this day that Drew fucked guys in prison, but he is cool with everyone on the UG thinking he actually fucked dudes, as long as he got a good laugh with friends.

Same goes for the interview last night. If you're Shields, what the fuck do you say? I mean, the kid is screaming "death by rnc!" while you're trying to be serious. Same for Sherk...what was he going to say?

One of us is going to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait. Is Fickett Mexican at all? What's the inside joke?