Did Greg Jackson just ruin Jones' career?

I think this is going to blow over but it's another blow to his virgin psyche. First the DUI thing and now this; Dana Fucking White PR Hype Machine will be used to tear Jones down a few levels and the ego will crack.

Wonder if it's too late to save this event.  Maybe he'll feel humiliated after a day of mainstream press and get smart.

I'm really interested on how Zuffa/Dana is going to punish Jones and/or Jackson over this...

Less fights? No locker room bonuses? Bad matchups? Phone Post

2JupitersTooMany -  Wonder if it's too late to save this event.  Maybe he'll feel humiliated after a day of mainstream press and get smart.

That would be ideal. Phone Post

Iwreastledabearonce - Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

mister_sticks - 

I'm really interested on how Zuffa/Dana is going to punish Jones and/or Jackson over this...

Less fights? No locker room bonuses? Bad matchups? Phone Post

I can only imagine what's going to happen when his current contract expires. If I were negotiating from the UFC's side I'd give him a non-negotiable lowball offer. If he leaves, big deal, even if he finds another org that can offer the same pay he'll have damn near zero value to the big time marketers Jones covets.

I can't believe all the derp that's amassed in my seven hour absence. Damn, I gotta sleep once in awhile...

Well... I can honestly say, I liked Jon Jones a few days ago. He went to my highschool for a bit. He wrestled on my wrestling team. I was happy to know him, and happy to see him dominating.

Now? I've lost nearly all respect for him. After "Chael is racist," "Lyoto's not a big enough draw, no rematch," "I fight for money," and now his behavior as of today, it would be hard to call myself a fan of his.

Besides the massive flip-flopping, this is just embarassing for him. I tell ya, in highschool, he was an awkward kid. Could say something that would make everyone in the room uncomfortable when the spotlight was on him and he was forced to say something.

It's just funny to me, to see that exact situation play out in his career. The ball is in his court, the spotlight's on him, and he ends up turning everyone against him with his decision making awkwardness.

Way to go, JBJ. Did Greg Jackson kill his career? Well, I think I share in DFW's sentiments when I say I'm fuckin' furious with both of them right about now.

Dana should refuse to put the belt on JBJ when he beats Machida again. That's just my opinion, but I'm sure many others feel the same way. Phone Post

There will be fallout from this. He says he just fights for money, well he just royally fucked over the company that pays him. The UFC got him a replacement fight that would make even MORE money.

The scale of the fallout will depend on how many fans JBJ not only lost, but pissed off to the point that they will not support him by buying a PPV he is on. If the number is big enough, Jones' PPV numbers will go down drastically, and that will affect his paycheck/contract renewal.

rrg1 -
RKellyPeedOnMe - 
rrg1 - Probably not. Jones will kill himself, his kids will starve to death and the UFC will implode....

A bit harsh Phone Post

I'm just kidding man lol.

Pointing out how dumb the vast majority of these posts are.

I was referring to the UFC imploding... Idk what I'd do. :) Phone Post

This will all be forgot with a little time and dominance by jones. Phone Post

UGCTT_EnderTL -
Ew0k187 -
UGCTT_EnderTL - In 10 years no one will care. Just like they wouldn't care if Jones KO'd Sonnen in the first, because it's an irrelevant fight. This will blow over.

In the long run it will look worse on the UFC for having to cancel an entire event because one fight fell through. Phone Post

I don't think so. I think everytime bones fights people are gonna mention his tuck. Phone Post

I can name numerous other things that made the UG cry more than this, and they all blew over too. Lol Phone Post

You don't understand it's the end of MMA as we know it !! The Mayans knew it all along ! Phone Post

GJack made an invisible fighter look like a scared bitch. That's not easy to do.