Did Sean Gannon pass away?

If true a separate thread would be better.

Someone just created a separate thread on the UG

To me this place begins and ends with Gannon. That’s when this weird hybrid fighting sport got real.

For a lot of us, it was our TUF. Until then mma was a private, fringe pastime.

What?! Our Gladiator Gannon?! How

Apparently his son confirmed it.

Just one now as far as I know

Edit…too soon and having worked in LEO I should not be doing that, RIP to Mr. Gannon and hope the best for his family.

Double edit, feel even worse now that I failed to see this was an old post and the real Gladiator has passed as well, prayers to his family and friends. He will always be a legend here interacting with all of us and he had a lot of us sitting at our computer reading the PBP Kenny Florian was posting as he fought Kimbo. Crazy looking back at how amazing this forum once was

Very sad, I think Gannon was one of the few universally liked members on this forum. Always respectable & very helpful answering questions or offering his opinion on subjects that he had valuable experience in.

Just noticed another great member that passed away a couple of years ago (Philly Fights) posted in this thread too.

Does anyone have any details on how Sean passed away?

R.I.P big guy.

2 Likes

NO…Grandson of JOE GANNON though

The first person to speculate will get evicerated, but at a minimum, he wasn’t looking to be the beacon of health in the last couple of years judging by those pics, especially by OG standards.

I fell sleep last night sad that our Gannon had passed, glad you are alive and well brother…RIP to the fallen officer though

No, he’s dead. This was 3 years ago. They’re both dead.

RIP OG Bretheren.