Did the Iceman still have his afterparty?

The CAT scan came back normal. Spending the night in the hospital is a bit of a stretch since he didn't arrive there until nearly 3am. He made the morning flight to Cancun.

JeffCain - The CAT scan came back normal. Spending the night in the hospital is a bit of a stretch since he didn't arrive there until nearly 3am. He made the morning flight to Cancun.

Hope they don't let Chuck drive in Cancun, and if they do let Chuck drive I hope they all wear ski masks. Don't want to see Chuck get popped doing a Rampage.

I've known Liddell for a long time and his speech is better now than in the past. He mumbles, always has. How old was Randy when Chuck knocked him out twice equally as brutal? No one was freaking out then. I ran into his fiance after the event and talked to his brother at about 5am while getting breakfast. No one close to him was worried. He was absolutely fine at the post-fight press conference. He was fine when I talked to him. He was fine at the hospital.

That's pretty much the end of the thread. I've been around the sport for a while and nothing I saw made me concerned. It was a knockout. They happen all the time.

JeffCain - Chuck got knocked out. They didn't carry him out on a stretcher like they did Tra Telligman after Sylvia kicked him in the head, or like Terry Martin after he got kneed by James Irvin. There was no neck brace used.

It was a highlight reel knockout, but just the run of the mill medical response. He was at the post-fight press conference before he went to the hospital to get the routine CAT scan.

Um...no.

HORTON - Cindy O is one cocky bitch

She will chase your ass around the room with a strap on!

I doubt you'll see many punch drunk mma fighters. They don't take that many blows to the head.

TwistYouUp - 
JeffCain - Chuck got knocked out. They didn't carry him out on a stretcher like they did Tra Telligman after Sylvia kicked him in the head, or like Terry Martin after he got kneed by James Irvin. There was no neck brace used.

It was a highlight reel knockout, but just the run of the mill medical response. He was at the post-fight press conference before he went to the hospital to get the routine CAT scan.

Um...no.

LOL @ arguing with Jeff Cain. Something tells me I will believe him over you.

JeffCain - I've known Liddell for a long time and his speech is better now than in the past. He mumbles, always has. How old was Randy when Chuck knocked him out twice equally as brutal? No one was freaking out then. I ran into his fiance after the event and talked to his brother at about 5am while getting breakfast. No one close to him was worried. He was absolutely fine at the post-fight press conference. He was fine when I talked to him. He was fine at the hospital.

That's pretty much the end of the thread. I've been around the sport for a while and nothing I saw made me concerned. It was a knockout. They happen all the time.

I have a serious question. Is it common for a fighter to get KO'd like that to go to an after party still? My friends and I assumed the minute that it happened that he wasn't going to be showing up. Figured at the very least it was going to take him a while to get everything checked out. It was disappointing that we weren't able to see him there, but we kind of assumed that would be the case after seeing him eat that punch.

"How old was Randy when Chuck knocked him out twice equally as brutal?"

I totally agree with a majority of what you say, but Chuck got KO'd way worse than his KO victories of Randy Couture.  He was asleep for a long time.

If the show is in Vegas you might see the fighter there. Being on the East Coast and everything closing early and drinks being cut off at 3am, he wasn't going to be there long no matter what. But usually when a fighter gets knocked out like that, you probably will not see them at the afterparty. I imagine he was at the post-fight press conference to show he was fine because he certainly didn't have to be there and could have gone to the hospital right away.

Shanks - 
CindyO - 
frontrowbrian - 
CindyO -  Chuck is fine. A bunch of them flew to Cancun after fight night and are having a blast partying their asses off. Forrest is with them, too. Probably some hung over puppies today;)

Cindy
Just what Chuck needs, partying. Alcohol helps the motor skills he's so clearly losing. They brought in a fuckin oxygen tank! That's how scared the doctors were.

Aren't you that red-headed kid? If so, I'm sure you've gotten your ass kicked before and tied one on so you should understand;)

Cindy

There ya go, Cindy.

Way to keep up that 'journalistic integrity' . . .

Your job as lead proofreader of the UFC Fantasy League newsletter is secure.

Whew! That's a relief;)

Cindy

The Randy comment was made because of the nearly being 39 years old and talking a lot of damage in fights comment, which he really hasn't taken that much damage during his career. Against Jackson twice and against Rashad. That's about it really. Mezger caught him good, Randy beat him but didn't really hurt him that would take a toll. Overeem kneed him to the body hurting him but that doesn't take a toll on longevity either. Jardine beat him up but again, it wasn't like he took many head shots, just the one that knocked him down. Wanderlei was a war, but Silva has taken way more damage in his career than Liddell.

It was a brutal KO, no doubt about it. He was out for a few minutes, but we've seen that before. I wasn't alarmed by it. I was shocked because Liddell has never suffered a one hitter quitter before, but I wasn't alarmed. He wasn't twitching. He was alert when he woke up. Now if I had talked to him and he was still out if it, maybe I would have been concerned, but that wasn't the case.

Jeff is droppin' knowledge;)

Cindy

I would have no reservations about putting Chuck in there as soon as his suspension is done. He's been knocked out twice in his entire career and you're acting like he's Ken Shamrock.

Randy's taken more damage in his career than Chuck, is older than Chuck and you have no concern for him competing? It was a knockout Brian. It's the nature of the sport. It happens on basically every MMA card except ones actually named knockout. Did his performance before he got caught show any signs of anything other than a normal Liddell fight?

JeffCain - It's the nature of the sport. It happens on basically every MMA card except ones actually named knockout.

aint that the truth

JeffCain - I would have no reservations about putting Chuck in there as soon as his suspension is done. He's been knocked out twice in his entire career and you're acting like he's Ken Shamrock.

Lidell is an aging fighter coming off a brutal 4 fight streak including 2 vicious one shot KO's and you beleive he can improve mentally or physically? Im not hating on you or Chuck but I dont see how getting back into the ring in 3-4 months would benifit him in any way other then financially.

He needs to regroup imo. Maybe clean up some bad habits outside of the ring and refocus for one more run at the title next year.

JeffCain - If the show is in Vegas you might see the fighter there. Being on the East Coast and everything closing early and drinks being cut off at 3am, he wasn't going to be there long no matter what. But usually when a fighter gets knocked out like that, you probably will not see them at the afterparty. I imagine he was at the post-fight press conference to show he was fine because he certainly didn't have to be there and could have gone to the hospital right away.

Makes sense. Kind of what we figured.

JeffCain - Randy's taken more damage in his career than Chuck, is older than Chuck and you have no concern for him competing?

Randy has not fought as much as Chuck, generally has had his fights spaced out much more then Chuck (not always by design) and does not have a party lifestyle outside of the ring.

mshagger - 
TwistYouUp - 

Um...no.

LOL @ arguing with Jeff Cain. Something tells me I will believe him over you.

Read the entire thread before making silly remarks. SEVERAL people are arguing with Mr. Cain.
There was neither anything "typical" about that brutal KO nor the way they brought in oxygen. Hell, I think they should have wheeled him out on a wheelchair just to be safe. Nothing smart about getting up off the canvas and trying to walk around like you're not badly hurt just to save face.
Now what?

on his heels backpeddling? Did you watch the fight Brian and were you sober? If you've watched Liddell's career at all you'd realize he doesn't lose those fights he's "backpeddling" in. It's the moving forward that has hurt him which isn't his fighting style at all, so to answer your question, yes he can be successful in the future and no you don't really know his style at all.

People can argue with me all they want. It was just a knockout. Was the oxygen even used? First time events in new places generate different proceedures. There was nothing out of the ordinary. He got knocked out. He woke up, was alert and walked to the back on his own, walked into the post-fight press conference on his own and fielded questions. He then did video interviews, walked out and went to get the routine CAT scan that all fighters get when knocked out. It came back normal.

We're all aging. Nothing in Chuck's fights indicate age has anything to do with the loses. Age did not make him make the same mistake he's made several times and gotten away with against Rampage. Age had nothing to do with Jardine having a good gameplan or Rashad beating him to the punch in an exchange.

People are basing their concern on the result and not the performance. They're basing their concerns on it being Liddell and not someone else.

I'm glad Rampage didn't retire after Wanderlei knocked him out leaving him dangling between the ropes. I'm glad Rich Franklin didn't retire after Anderson Silva beat him twice. I'm glad Randy didn't really retire after Chuck knocked him out twice, and the first knockout, Randy was out a couple of minutes. I'm sure glad Wanderlei didn't retire after Cro Cop and Dan Henderson knocked him out cold.

Assumptions have run amuck in this thread. Assuming Chuck was seriously hurt when the medical evidence showed otherwise. Assuming he lives this endless party lifestyle. Assuming he got up and walked to his stool to save face LOL. He was just knocked out cold. How does one save face by waking up and sitting on his stool? I am in the right forum, right? Let me check the URL.