Did you lose any respect for Weidman?

I guess I am a bit behind the times but I just also read that the New York commission said that the replay was allowed to make sure they got the call right.  Looking bad for that appeal.  

yeah.

Yes. And he hasn't looked good in his last few fights either despite what people say. 

He's looking pretty bad over this one. Seems like either way it goes, he comes out not looking very good.

Yes

Rahjai MD -

Yes big time.   Fuck trying to play the rules and the whine like a little bitch when you get burned playing with fire .

that grounded rule needs to go.  I understand if you are grounded via knees but your fingertips shouldn't count as grounding.   It's a fight, u think u can stop someone kneeing you because u have your fingertips touching the ground?

fuck that 

The new grounded fighter rule states both palms or fists down, not only fingers. Só he wasn't grounded. Fuck him, he lost my respect and I think he was on epo , ivs, Stanozolol or other peds BC since usada took over he lost muscle mass that he bragged about coming into the As fights, looked weak and is gassing quickly.

He got kneed hard square in the face by a guy that has spent an uncountable amount of hours practicing that very same move and was told it was illegal.
No shame in quitting then.
The doctor made the decision to stop the fight, not Weidman. Weidman wanted to continue once he was told it was a legal move.

GrindOnLine - He got kneed hard square in the face by a guy that has spent an uncountable amount of hours practicing that very same move and was told it was illegal.
The doctor made the decision to stop the fight, not Weidman. Weidman wanted to continue once he was told it was a legal move.
The doctor correctly stopped the fight. If you can't continue when it's illegal, then you can't continue when it's legal. The legality of a striking has no effect on the damage of a strike.

Milking an injury for a DQ win is not what someone with a fighter's heart would do. I can't say for sure what happened here was that exactly, as he did seem battered and confused.

The real problem here is Mirg losing authority in the situation, and unfortunately I think Weidman's career may never recover, and Moose Sauce now has the biggest win of his career starred with an asterisk.

No, there's a lot of fake narrative surrounding it and people who don't understand what happened.

no. I didnt have much respect for Weidman to begin with.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
GrindOnLine - He got kneed hard square in the face by a guy that has spent an uncountable amount of hours practicing that very same move and was told it was illegal.
The doctor correctly stopped the fight. If you can't continue when it's illegal, then you can't continue when it's legal. The legality of a striking has no effect on the damage of a strike.
The legality of the strike means everything. He had the right to quit and he took that right.
The ref wouldn't have stopped the fight Weidman would have continued until the TKO/KO/bell...
No shame in what Weidman did and I was rooting for Gegard.

i assume someone in this thread has actually quoted the rule, right? 

its FISTS or PALMS. 

fingers/fingertips whatever isn't grounded. 

Mirgs tops the fight and tells you it was illegal and you have 5 minutes 

GrindOnLine -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
The legality of the strike means everything. He had the right to quit and he took that right.
The ref wouldn't have stopped the fight Weidman would have continued until the TKO/KO/bell...
No shame in what Weidman did and I was rooting for Gegard.
No shame in lying to look more hurt than you are? The strike was landed before any call was made, the damage doesn't just change when the call changes.

Yeah he tried to play that both hands were down but they weren't. He knew he was in trouble and tried to take a break which bit him in the ass. What I heard stopped the fight was when the docs asked him what month it was and he said February

WarriorBahn -

Mirgs tops the fight and tells you it was illegal and you have 5 minutes 

You only have a guarenteed 5 minutes for a groin strike. A foul to the head, you have UP TO 5 minutes, at ref or doctor's discretion. You don't just automatically get 5 minutes.

cripplersc - Yeah he tried to play that both hands were down but they weren't. He knew he was in trouble and tried to take a break which bit him in the ass. What I heard stopped the fight was when the docs asked him what month it was and he said February
I heard they held up a couple fingers, and asked him to tell them how many fingers he sees. Apparently he said "potato". Fights off.