Did you lose any respect for Weidman?

Sinead O Connors Nipples -

Yeah he tried to pull a fast one and it bit him in the ass, he should just accept it and move on.

The whole appeal thing makes it even worse.

This.

Yeah, Dana even said he's not that interested in setting up a rematch, because we all know what was about to happen. That's beside the fact that he legitimately won the fight by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) anyway.

triforce - 

Was a bit let down when he said something along the lines of "Gegard shouldn't count that as a win" when he counted Anderson Silva's leg break as if it was part of his gameplan.

True. There's quite a contrast between how Weidman celebrated like crazy after the leg break compared to Mousasi telling his cornermen to calm down after his win.

milkin it is standard procedure

i thought he was fine to continue

til i heard he didnt know the date

the good news is he wont use that knee defense again

i was never a fan, but people arent giving him the credit he deserves for his fighting ability

Weidman couldn't even tell them what month it was, he said February. Either Mousasi's legal strikes fucked him up bad enough that the doctor was completely justified stopping it, or he was putting on an act, and elected to not continue, in hopes of a dq win. In neither case is Weidman screwed over by anyone but himself.

He didn't know what day of the week it was when the doc asked him. All but 2 of his UFC fights have been on a Saturday, so that should have been an easy one. Being off on what month it is by 2 months? Th doc had no choice. I doubt he was faking anything. He looked and seemed fucked up. He has taken a tremendous amount of brain trauma in his past 3 fights, so I am very glad the doctor didn't let him continue. He should be glad as well. I think he needs some serious time off to let his brain heal.

No. He's earned my full respect long time ago. And if I did, who gives a fack

YES 

jonnierockets20 - No. He's earned my full respect long time ago. And if I did, who gives a fack
Who gives a fuck if he was faking an injury, in an attempt to get his opponent disqualified? Uhm, anybody that calls their self a Chris Weidman fan, should give a fuck.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
jonnierockets20 - No. He's earned my full respect long time ago. And if I did, who gives a fack
Who gives a fuck if he was faking an injury, in an attempt to get his opponent disqualified? Uhm, anybody that calls their self a Chris Weidman fan, should give a fuck.
How could you be so sure. You try eating two Moose knees to the head and make cognitive decisions

I actually misread the post I quoted, anyway. So it's irrelevant, but I'm not saying he did, I'm saying IF he did.

ThatsHowIRoll -

Not really. 

It is a cut throat and short career as a fighter. When it came crunch time he elected to keep fighting but the commission were to blame for their decision making.

End of the day if I was rocked in a co main event in front of New York city I'd be milking the 5 minutes to get my wits back also.

Agreed, but i didnt see the fight. Woukd have to watch it firsr, but i doubt i lose respect for a good person like chris.

jonnierockets20 -
How could you be so sure. You try eating two Moose knees to the head and make cognitive decisions

TexDeuce -
Enson Yamato Inoue -

Yes. He wasn't true and tried to use the rules for an easy way out both during the fight and after the knee. A good fighter but far from a warrior at heart.

^^^^ This dude never looked for a way out or gamed the rules

Weidman sounds like a fighter that has lost confidence. He's looking for ways to game the system instead of ways to beat his opponent.

Shanebone -
jonnierockets20 -
Read the next post.

Yup.  Plus i understand now that he was never some world beater.  He beat aged brazilains way pas their primes, barely beat Machida, and once USADA came along he lost 3 straight and got finished in all 3

He was trying to win by gaming the system, not by being a better fighter. That is a sad sad move.

to me it is really shitty to spread that bullshit 

Yes big time.   Fuck trying to play the rules and the whine like a little bitch when you get burned playing with fire .

that grounded rule needs to go.  I understand if you are grounded via knees but your fingertips shouldn't count as grounding.   It's a fight, u think u can stop someone kneeing you because u have your fingertips touching the ground?

fuck that